Bad news for Arrested Development fans

Ugh. It's so damn annoying when people fail to pick up on such great shows. At least FOX has actually given it a chance this time. Hopefully they do at least finish airing season 3.

Wow... they move the show to Monday nights with barely any promotion. Then pre-empt it for nearly a month just a few episodes into the season before it can get any traction. Then they act surprised when it doesn't light the world on fire. I agree fuck Fox. This show really needs to find a new home quick.

[quote name='joeposh']Wow... they move the show to Monday nights with barely any promotion. Then pre-empt it for nearly a month just a few episodes into the season before it can get any traction. Then they act surprised when it doesn't light the world on fire. I agree fuck Fox. This show really needs to find a new home quick.[/QUOTE] Well, they couldn't exactly just say "To hell with the World Series!" Usually, I would be screaming about how much Fox sucks, but the show is in it's 3rd season. That's A LOT more leash than they usually give their shows. It's at the point where they can't just keep losing money on the show in hopes that someday it'll gain an audience.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']show sucked anyways[/QUOTE]

just has hard as your mom did.

damn fox. they never know a good show when they have it. i dont know why that switchin families show and the oc are still on though.

13 episodes this season? That's fucking bull shit Fox, and you know it.
Arrested Development has won 6 emmys and dozens of other awards in only 2 years. The quality show isn't the reason the ratings are low.
[quote name='bostonfrontier']show sucked anyways[/QUOTE]
The only thing Arrested Development sucks at is sucking.

I hadn't even known that they had moved the show. i thougth it was going to come on sometime later in the saeson. I remember when it was on right after the Simpsons and loved it. It was a great Sunday night before the work week (even though Simpsons has gone a bit down in recent years, still better thna most shows though).

For this, I can't quite get mad at Fox, it's not like they cancelled it prematurely. Y'all will eventually get 2 and 1/2 to 3 complete seasons of the show and that is a Friggin' miracle on the Fox network nowadays considering the shows ratings.

I never understood this show. I tried to get into it. Three times. I really gave it a fair shot and I never got why people like it so much. The closest thing I could compare it to in my mind would be The Office, minus humor.

Oh well, I'll probably FINALLY get into it watching reruns and wish they hadn't cancelled it. But for now, I don't understand what anybody ever saw in the show.

What a shock. An intelligent comedy that most of the country doesn't seem to get. I said this in another thread and I'm sticking to it:

It's going to get cancelled. It's one of the best shows on TV but the general public doesn't want something creative and a little off-beat. They want to see some big fat guy married to a "way-too-hot-for-him" wife and their "zany" kids get into crazy misunderstandings every week that get neatly resolved in 22 minutes. I'll be watching AD but I doubt it will do any good.

[quote name='joeposh']Wow... they move the show to Monday nights with barely any promotion. Then pre-empt it for nearly a month just a few episodes into the season before it can get any traction. Then they act surprised when it doesn't light the world on fire. I agree fuck Fox. This show really needs to find a new home quick.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like what they did to another show... Family Guy. It used to follow The Simpsons on Sunday nights, then to Wednesdays then to Thursdays -- I missed it half the time cause I never knew when the fuck it was on.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']how is a show supposed to do well if fox keeps on fucKin when it is shown.[/QUOTE]

Exactly... but that's Fox for you. The only thing that could possibly save this show is outstanding DVD sales and possibly another station picking it up (Comedy Central perhaps?)

Maybe this is good news for AD. With the critical acclaim, it's possible that Season 4 could be picked up by another network (Comedy Central or HBO perhaps)? I know it's a long shot, but I really want to keep following the adventures of the Bluth family.

Those of you who say this show sucks...go back to watching Yes, Dear and According to Jim.

I just had Headline News on and they said it was cancelled...

The best comedy on television since Seinfeld. Period. It's a damn shame Fox haphazardly shuffles it around in the lineup, and cuts back on the season to a measly 13 episodes. I fear at the end of those 13 the series will come to an unfortunate end. My only hope is a channel that knows good programming (like HBO) can somehow buy the rights to the show.

I can't understand how Fox can give up on a show that's so critically acclaimed. I'm sure there are shows that have 7-8 year runs, and don't win a single emmy. A brilliant show wins 5 emmys in a couple seasons, and Fox fücks it over. Fück the average dumb fücking American who's too dumb to realize a good fücking show when they see it.

If you've never seen it go buy season 1& 2 on DVD. Now. Sorry I haven't had my morning coffee yet.

Alright Fox fuckers. Move the damn thing to FX. No high def but I'll live. Give us the typical FX short season, but bump episodes to 1 hr. Do it or die.

P.S. -Thanks for axing Kitchen Confidential as well. We all know the world needs more nanny and dancing shows. GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

[quote name='dcfox']Fox really needs to put AD back on Sunday nights after the Simpsons. War at Home sucks unbelievably.[/QUOTE]

yeah, War at Home sucks anal warts

Man, this is just wrong. I guess we can pray that someone picks it up.

The good news is "Freddie" is going to be on all season!

Sad, Just Sad...

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']So we're still getting 8 more episodes this year. Maybe they can wrap things up somewhat by then. But will they actually air? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I'm betting they are already filmed and they are just going to cut it short with no resolution of any kind. HBO should look into picking this up - it's perfect for their Sunday nights with Curb and Extras (which is freaking hilarious by the way - if you like very subtle humor definitely check it out. The Kate Winslet and Ben Stiller episodes are amazing).

I was just discussing AD with my friend (a hardcode AD fan) and we came to the following conclusion.

You can't jump into an episode of AD and appreciate it without having watched the show from the beginning. It's not a typical sitcom where all of the characters are based on generic sitcom templates. If someone's first introduction was a season 3 episode, they wouldn't know what the hell is going on.

Buster has a hook on his hand, Super Dave is walking around with a camera on his hat, David Cross' hair looks like a chia pet threw up on it. It just doesn't make sense. So people call it stupid (and to them, it probably is stupid) because they don't know the back story behind it all.

It is one of the few shows that carries jokes from the very first episode through the most current ones. It's like someone trying to watch 24 15 episodes in. They are lost and rightfully so.

[quote name='lebowsky']I was just discussing AD with my friend (a hardcode AD fan) and we came to the following conclusion.

You can't jump into an episode of AD and appreciate it without having watched the show from the beginning. It's not a typical sitcom where all of the characters are based on generic sitcom templates. If someone's first introduction was a season 3 episode, they wouldn't know what the hell is going on.

Buster has a hook on his hand, Super Dave is walking around with a camera on his hat, David Cross' hair looks like a chia pet threw up on it. It just doesn't make sense. So people call it stupid (and to them, it probably is stupid) because they don't know the back story behind it all.

It is one of the few shows that carries jokes from the very first episode through the most current ones. It's like someone trying to watch 24 15 episodes in. They are lost and rightfully so.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. It's too bad though. The thing that makes it great is also the thing that killed it.

I havent watched the show like before, but its one of the best shows i've seen in recent years. It sucks when great shows like this gets yanked and crap like friends get huge ratings (well when they were on the air that is) I guess most people don't appreciated quality .

[quote name='javeryh']I totally agree. It's too bad though. The thing that makes it great is also the thing that killed it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. BTW, I haven't seen Extras, but I know it was created by Ricky Gervais - the creator of The Office. I need to get HBO. I've just been catching up on Curb via On-Demand when I go to the in-laws.

I've never seen the show, I was curious to watch it, but the conceited nature of the fans who discuss it has discouraged me.

People who don't like it aren't automatically idiots, everyone has different taste.

[quote name='lebowsky']I was just discussing AD with my friend (a hardcode AD fan) and we came to the following conclusion.

It is one of the few shows that carries jokes from the very first episode through the most current ones. It's like someone trying to watch 24 15 episodes in. They are lost and rightfully so.[/QUOTE]

Good points. Again I blame Fox for showing crap "reality" shows like Trading Spouses, Nanny 911, So You Think You Can Dance, Renovate my Family, and Skating with Celebrities in lieu of reruns where new viewers would be gained, and casual viewers would catch up on the shows they missed.

On the note of another networking picking it up, it's definitely possible.
Take Stargate SG-1 for instance -- it was dying on showtime and Sci-Fi bought the rights, kept the cast intact, and started producing new episodes... I think they've made at least 5 seasons since they bought it out.

Probably the best thing fans can do is support the show in any way they can -- buying DVD sets, watching the 'syndication' if another network picks up/runs existing eps, etc. Then maybe fans will be fortunate enough to either have a Family Guy or SG-1 resurrection of the series.

This sucks. It is my favorite show on television right now. This seems to happen to all of my favorite shows. The problem is that they don't market shows towards people who like the smart, critically acclaimed comedies like this one. Instead they gear shows towards whatever is going to get the most possible viewers for something. If it isn't the most successful show ever it gets cancelled, which is unfortunate seeing as how there are still good followings for shows like Arrested Development even if it isn't everyone's cup of tea.

The Yahoo article did mention that it is possible the show will be "shopped around." Start writing letters to the other networks people!

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']I've never seen the show, I was curious to watch it, but the conceited nature of the fans who discuss it has discouraged me.

People who don't like it aren't automatically idiots, everyone has different taste.[/QUOTE]

I hate to agree with Mister Regurge... But I do. I watched part of the first season, and laughed, but I missed a few and didn't get the funny (because I missed the build-up) so I gave up.

The rabid fan following (you either love it or you're an uneducated moron!) certainly didn't help. I would say this is the first show that the fans turned me off of.

EDIT: But yes, "The War at Home" is ass.

[quote name='javeryh']I'm betting they are already filmed and they are just going to cut it short with no resolution of any kind. HBO should look into picking this up - it's perfect for their Sunday nights with Curb and Extras (which is freaking hilarious by the way - if you like very subtle humor definitely check it out. The Kate Winslet and Ben Stiller episodes are amazing).[/QUOTE]

Probably. It would be great on HBO, but I'm not sure how likely that would be. There's probably already a petition, not that those things are worth a shit. :lol:

I really can't stand Ben Stiller anymore. Talk about oversaturating the market. :roll:

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']People who don't like it aren't automatically idiots, everyone has different taste.[/QUOTE]

No, they are idiots. It just sucks that they can't even comprehend the fact. :D

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Probably. It would be great on HBO, but I'm not sure how likely that would be. There's probably already a petition, not that those things are worth a shit. :lol:

I really can't stand Ben Stiller anymore. Talk about oversaturating the market. :roll:[/QUOTE]

yeah but on that episode of Extras he plays himself (as do all the guest stars) and he acts like a total prick towards everyone and starts talking about how watching Dodgeball multiple times would help a diseased kid find happiness. It is so funny.

Ben Stiller: And who are you?
Andy Millman: Nobody.
Ben Stiller: What?
Ben Stiller: Exactly. And who am I?
Andy Millman: Either Starsky or Hutch, I can never remember.
Ben Stiller: Was that supposed to be funny?
Andy Millman: You tell me, you were in it.

[quote name='javeryh']yeah but on that episode of Extras he plays himself (as do all the guest stars) and he acts like a total prick towards everyone and starts talking about how watching Dodgeball multiple times would help a diseased kid find happiness. It is so funny.

Ben Stiller: And who are you?
Ben Stiller: What?
Ben Stiller: Exactly. And who am I?
Andy Millman: Either Starsky or Hutch, I can never remember.
Ben Stiller: Was that supposed to be funny?
Andy Millman: You tell me, you were in it.
[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm convinced. :lol:

[quote name='SpottedNigel']That IS funny :)[/QUOTE]

The episode with Kate Winslet dressed as a nun and talking dirty was really really funny too...

-----

Kate Winslet: "Can't wait 'til you put your Willie Wonka between my Umpalumpas"

-----

Maggie's Boyfriend: So all that stuff about "polishing your husband's Oscar", was that supposed to mean his willy?
Kate Winslet: Yep.
Maggie's Boyfriend: And your basement?
Kate Winslet: My fanny.

I guarentee you that if they put it on Sunday nights in place of The War At Home, the ratings would double, if not triple.

I could go on and on... seriously. Watch Extras if you get a chance - there's only 6 episodes out there so far...

Patrick Stewart: I will 'Make It So.'
[blank look from Andy]
Patrick Stewart: Have you seen Star Trek: The Next Generation?
Andy Millman: No.
Patrick Stewart: Your girlfriend won't let you watch it?
Andy Millman: No, I haven't got a girlfriend.
Patrick Stewart: Oh, your wife then.
Andy Millman: No, I don't have a wife.
Patrick Stewart: You don't have a girlfriend or a wife. You live alone and you have never seen Star Trek: The Next Generation?
Andy Millman: No.
Patrick Stewart: Oh, God.

bread's done
Back