Bad SNES from ebay

El1te

CAGiversary!
I just got a SNES off of ebay that is NOT in the condition the seller described. The seller said (and had a picture of) a gray console. The one i received is a nice yellow color and the case is cracked. The "genuine nintendo controllers" are actually cheap chinese knock-offs with no SNES or nintendo logos. The Mario Kart cartridge has 2 holes worn in the sticker (the one pictured was PERFECT.) I just contacted the seller and am going to try to get a refund. How many of you have had problems with buying consoles/games on ebay?

Yeah, intentional bait and switch of products. Take pictures of that stuff so you have proof of it, as you'll have to send it back to the seller as part of the refund process. If they don't offer to make things right, eBay will side with you and force the return.

The seller just sent me a message, apparently he sent me the wrong SNES. He offered a full refund, and is even going to pay return shipping. At least this seller is willing to admit he made a mistake and fix it. I've had other sellers who completely deny everything and blame it on shipping damage.

I once ordered a book and my order was swapped with someone else's, I contacted them and tried to get my stuff but they said it was out of their control, so they gave me my money back. I still want that book...

Anyway, I'm glad your getting a refund for it!
-Bretboy129 ~ Bret Hudson

I finally got a refund for it today. I already purchased a different one that isn't yellowed for less $$.

bread's done
Back