Badass deal at FYE B&M - $9.99 Sets AR - Futurama, Family Guy, Seinfeld and more

Pookymeister

Staff member
Feedback
736 (100%)
Stole from DVDtalk :

Picked up Family guy v3, Forever Knight . and Seinfeld S7 myself.
Now just to wait till the first two Forever Knights are B1G1 at DeepDiscount again.

Originally Posted by ltrain
We just started a new deal on boxsets today as part of a gigantic summer sale at FYE. As you can see from the thread title, this deal does involve mail in rebates so for those people that are sick of dealing with them, I'd advise you to stay away. However, if you don't mind waiting a few months to receive a rebate check, there are some pretty good deals to be had. I don't have a complete list of eligible titles, but here are a few:
Vampires Collection 9.99 after Mir
Seinfeld (1&2,3,4,5,6,7)9.99 after mir
Simspons season 1,2,5,6 20.99 10.99 after MIr
Oliver Stone Collection 35.99 10.99 after MIR
Simpsons season 7-9 30.99 20.99 after MIR

Family Guy (Vol. 3,4) Box Set with special shirt also on sale 23.99 with 13.00 mir
Forever Knight Season 3 9.99 after mir
Hellboy 3 disc Directors cut 19.99 10.00 Mir
Superman returns Dvd Collection with lunch box 10.99 after mir

Futurama (Vol. 1,2,3,4) $9.99 after MIR

King of Queens (1,2,3,4,5,6,7)
American Dad 20.99 10.99 after Mir
Rescue Me (1,2) 10.99 after mir
Amytville Horror 19.99 9.99 after mir

Most stores should have a table set up somewhere in their marketplace advertising these titles. (All of the signage actually says $9.99 after MIR on select titles, but the ones that I listed, except Futurama, are $10.99 after MIR.) Not sure if the pricing will be adjusted to match the signs in the next couple of days. I'll let you guys know of any changes.

There are more titles included as part of this deal but I'm sure that stock will vary store to store. This deal should run at least through 6/13, but it may get extended even longer. It should also be good at Coconuts and some other Trans World stores, but I can't say that for sure. I'd call ahead to see if your local store is running the deal.

Today, I finally picked up Seinfeld Season 7 since I had been waiting for a good deal to come along. To give you an idea of the pricing:

I paid $23.99 - 10% Backstage Pass discount = $21.59

$21.59 - $13.00 MIR = $8.59 total!

(I didn't factor the sales tax in, but you get the idea.)

I forgot to mention to make photocopies of your receipts and rebate forms since sometimes they get "lost" in the mail. If you have copies of everything, you should have no trouble receiving your rebates if the ones you send in the mail end up MIA.

And yes, you can use the yellow & white bar code stickers that FYE has on their merchandise so you don't have to cut up your packaging.

I'm not a big fan of mail-in rebates, and there's nothing that interests me anyway. Thanks for letting me know, though.

You gotta be kidding me... I've been near a FYE for 2 years during college and they didn't have a single, decent deal. And now they have this?

I would've seriously been all over the Futurama sets.

[quote name='Pookymeister']
And yes, you can use the yellow & white bar code stickers that FYE has on their merchandise so you don't have to cut up your packaging.[/quote]

Thanks, OP. Picked up Seinfeld S7 as well today.

Q: Have you actually sent the sticker barcode in before and had it work without needing to call them up?

I remember with the Star Wars SE OG Trilogy movies, the rebate form never even mentioned that a UPC was required (ordered from FYE.com). I took the extra step to call them up before sending in my rebates, they confirmed it won't need the UPC. Then many weeks (months) later, I got a postcard in the mail saying my rebate was invalid due to missing UPC codes. I called them back and they honored my UPC-less submission, but it was still annoying.

I really don't want to cut up my Seinfeld box, but how confident are you that the sticker will work?

'm new to MIRs:
I bought three volumes of Futurama. Can I send in for all three rebates, or would I need to send each one to a different address?

if it wasn't MIR, I'd get Seinfeld 7 and Futuramas maybe. As is, I'll just wait for next week's Target-based Seinfeld sale. Thanks anyway.

[quote name='SDC']'m new to MIRs:
I bought three volumes of Futurama. Can I send in for all three rebates, or would I need to send each one to a different address?[/quote]

Limit one per item per household, so you can have them all sent to your same address as long as they're different seasons/sets.

Here's a great but rather lengthy method to send in the rebates (swiped from DVDTalk's "Dabaomb") (FYI: this is from a thread from 2004, if policies may have changed since then):

From DVD Talk:
"MY STEPS FOR SENDING IN YOUR REBATE (I've probably done close to 40 so far)
1. Fill out the rebate form and check off all products on the same receipt that are eligible for rebates.

2. Remove the UPC price stickers from the front of the DVD packaging and place them on a blank sheet of white paper and cut around the borders.

3. Fill out the envelope with a stamp.

4. Make 2 copies of the receipt (one to mail in, one for your records), a copy of the rebate form (both sides), a copy of the UPCs and a copy of the envelope

5. Get another sheet of blank white paper. Staple the left hand corner of the rebate form with your information facing up to the left hand corner of the sheet of paper. Cut out one copy of the receipt and tape that to the right hand side of the paper. Circle the prices of qualifying purchases and the date of the receipt. Tape the UPC Price Stickers to the bottom left hand of the white paper.

6. Make a copy of the white sheet of paper with all the rebate materials on it (write on it the day that you mail it out). Keep the copy for yourself

7. Place that original sheet (not the photocopy) in the stamped envelope and
mail it out.

8. Parago, the rebate fulfillment company, will send you an e-mail once they receive your rebate submission which you can track at RebatesHQ.com (http://www.rebateshq.com).

9. Once you receive the rebates, make a copy of it/them and write on it/them the day that you received it and staple it to your copies for the rebate."
- Dabaomb

Personally, I would send in the original receipt, not sure if he forgot to mention that or intends to send a copy of the receipt. Also, this is just something to base how you'll send it in. You might need to send one rebate per envelope now if that's what it mentions on the rebate certificate.

[quote name='Graystone']Isn't FYE notorious for not fulfilling rebates.[/quote]

I've never had a problem redeeming FYE rebates, they just take forever to process them, not making it really worth the time and effort for 5 bucks or whatever.

When they did this with the simpsons dvds about 2 years ago I never got the rebates. They basically said that the ones i bought didnt qualify even though they were listed on the rebate. And they wouldnt even work with me on it just plain out denied me and that was it. And i bought all the sets cuz they were supposed to be included. basically good deal gone bad. And since i cut out the upcs i was screwed.

I've never had real problems with FYE mir's, not like CompUSA's mir's. Anyhow, this sounds like a good deal for certain box sets. I wonder how much they are before rebate.

Just make sure you make copies of the rebates. If they try to screw u over, go back to the store with the rebate copies and theyll give you the money. I got seinfeld s. 4 , 5, 6, 7 , oliver stone collection, and american dad for $60 after rebate. Awesome deal!

I got Seinfeld Season 1+2. On sale for $25 with a $15 mailin rebate. They have LOTS of stuff but the selection is YMMV per store.

I went to a different fye today and got The Ultimate Oliver Stone Collection for $35 with a $25 mail in rebate!!! Holy crap this is awesome

The Ultimate Oliver Stone Collection includes:
Salvador
Platoon
Wall Street
Talk Radio
Born On The Forth Of July
The Doors
JFK
Heaven And Earth
Natural Born Killers
Nixon
U-Turn
Any Given Sunday
Oliver Stone's America

and bonus documentaries he made:
Looking For Fidel
Persona Non Grata

Any one of those movies is worth $10 by itself but I got all of them in a nice box set for $10 after the rebate. I am pretty young so I've yet to see any of these so I am even more excited.

CHECK OUT THAT SALE!!!

[quote name='Graystone']Isn't FYE really bad for not fulfilling rebates?[/quote]

I've always heard this, and for my birthday my wife bought me a 360 from FYE because she saw it had a 50 dollar rebate.

Hearing the rebate horror stories I never thought it would come, but to my surprise it showed up eventually.

[quote name='Graystone']Isn't FYE really bad for not fulfilling rebates?[/QUOTE]You really have to stay on their ass. Twice in a row they tried to quietly cancel my rebates, falsely claiming that I did not mail the form in during the specified period. There was no real notification about the rebate either; I only found out that I had been denied because I decided to check the status of my rebate online. When I called and asked about it, they fixed it without any objections. But it's very shady. So make sure you stay on top of the situation, or you're likely to get screwed.

Here's the help number for their rebate department; you'll probably end up needing it: 1(866)206-8800

I'm 0/3 for FYE rebates. I have already lost the copies I made of the rebate materials, so I can't complain to them. But even without rebates that Oliver Stone collection is an awesome deal. I'll probably try to pick one up, since I stilll have around $40 in giftcards to use. If the rebate comes that would be even better. Thanks OP.

5/5 on rebates. Never even needed to resort to my copied receipts. I am going to start watching the Oliver Stone now. $10 is unbelievable considering amazon.com wants $116.

I've been dicked over once on an FYE rebate. I bought The Good, The Bad and The Ugly and sent in for a $10 rebate. They said I needed to send in my Sex and The City UPC. My mistake for not making a photocopy before I sent it in though.

new round of 9.99 AR sets - some still remain, some new ones here....

Don't know all of them , but know for sure MacGyver S1-4 are there now. Picked those up along with Simpsons S8

[quote name='munch']I'll check this out next week. I'm starting to get into Futurama and would like to get a set or two.[/quote]
Pretty sure Futurama was one of the ones taken off the list. I would call before driving out. :cry:

[quote name='Pookymeister']Pretty sure Futurama was one of the ones taken off the list. I would call before driving out. :cry:[/QUOTE]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I traded in a bunch of stuff and was this close to buting Seinfeld volumes 1-6, but then it dawned on me, these are on TV in my town at 6 and 10pm everyday 365. So I thought why even bother. I'll just wait for the super magical happy comeplete box set to come out and go from there.

I am shocked. I received all 4 rebates for my 9 sets I bought without any hassle at all. They also came rather quickly. Maybe someone else is doing FYE's rebates for them now?

Nah, i still had problems. I had to resubmit one, and bitch about another.
One totally got rehected but thats b/c i bought it after the promo date, and it was still on the 9.99 table. They gave me a manual rebate slip but i knew the bastards wouldnt approve it when i sent it in.
Hopefully American Express will side with me on that chargeback.

i had problems with only one box set i bought it was the Mob Box Set. they said it didnt qualify so if you purchased it then you might want to check on that.

bread's done
Back