Baldur's Gate - 4 in 1 Boxset - $17.89 on Amazon

carn311

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Best games ever. And the best price on the re-release I've seen yet. $40 elsewhere.

If you've played these before and loved them then you're probably already ordering. If you haven't be aware that your lack of nostalgia may not be enough to get you through the crappy graphics.

Fixed link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, I think the only people interested in stuff like this are collector's looking for the big boxes they through away years ago. If you're curious to play this just buy the discs/manual off half.com or something.

best games ever, though.

Link fixed. Now goes to seller's page. Click on the listing for the game.

Remember, even though this is a third party the order is fulfilled by Amazon and is Prime eligible.

some of the best games all time...I wish they would put these up on PSN or XBLA...the idea of playing these again with achievements....

[quote name='sneakysnake128']This behaviour must not continue. Feel the burning stare of my hamster and change your ways.[/QUOTE]

Classic.

Take heart fellow adventurers, for you have curried the favor of Boo, the only miniature giant space hamster in the Realm!

[quote name='saiyajinsc']I just beat dragon age, but never played baldur's gate, is it that much better because I love dragon age.[/QUOTE]

I would like to know as well since I am loving Dragon Age.

Haven't played Dragon Age yet but these games are amazing. My favorite PC games besides Half-Life and Starcraft.

I loved these games, and i kinda hope they get released on the XBL arcade to conicide with DAO. i loved BG and i loved DAO. I also found the soiled silk pantaloons in DAO... kinda hoping for a super legacy tie-in mega unlock.

I love Dragon Age...I love Baldur's gate....they play very similar in combat, but as said above, there is a huge drop in graphics...but if you can get past that, these games are amazing.

Oddly enough, i just found a stash of the old Baldur's Gate Promotional Comic book from the mid 90's that I had a stack of when I worked at EB...was s pretty solid game back int he day.

Bought this a few weeks ago having never played any of them. I've only installed BG1 so far, but it works great and comes pre-patched. The packaging's a little iffy (3 discs are stacked and the 4th is in its own sleeve), but whatever. Considering the ~1000 hours of gameplay in the box, it's quite a good deal.

Dude, people play these games not for the graphics but the overall experience. And these have been untouched in that regard.

Just got this (I know the deal is old, but it is even cheaper now). Are the discs supposed to be black and white? Two discs are also in a sleeve, while the other two are stacked on the spindle. No manual was included. All of this is fine, just wanted to be sure that it's legit.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='watcher0']Yes, they are black and white disks and no manual, just an insert about an on-line manual.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I didn't even get an insert about the online manual :cry: The packaging looks so low budget that I wanted to make sure I hadn't been duped.
These games certainly deserved a more extravagant collection, but given the price, I am satisfied.

[quote name='TheMedic00']Just got this (I know the deal is old, but it is even cheaper now). Are the discs supposed to be black and white? Two discs are also in a sleeve, while the other two are stacked on the spindle. No manual was included. All of this is fine, just wanted to be sure that it's legit.[/QUOTE]

Updated price and link.

I noticed that there are two of these 4 in 1 boxsets.

This one: Link

And this one: Link

Any differences between the two or is one just an older release?

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Yeah these games had epic manuals and I am sure whoeverput these out didn't want to reprint those badboys.[/QUOTE]

So true. They were great manuals!

Also zombie thread needs braaaaaaaains...

If you liked Dragon Age, and can look past graphics, these are highly recommended. That said, there are mods that 1) convert BG1 to use the UI improvements from BG2; 2) convert both into higher resolution experiences. It doesn't improve the graphics, per se, but it increases the resolution, thus making everything smaller but sharper, and letting you see more of the world at once.

This is a great series, i have fond memories of beating both of em. As for the graphics, the only thing that sucks is the resolution is so darn low, but i believe there are some patches out there to help in that regard.

Absolutely a MUST play for any RPG lover/

Dragon Age is technically the "spiritual successor" to this series anyway. I only list Zelda OoT as a more favorite game than BG2. If you don't already have these, there's no reason not to get them.

[quote name='Uracat']I noticed that there are two of these 4 in 1 boxsets.

This one: Link

And this one: Link

Any differences between the two or is one just an older release?[/QUOTE]

It almost looks like one is the US version and the other is the European version. But it could be older vs newer. With that said I am quite sure there is absolutely no difference between the two. Well other than being sold by the different place...

Being a proud Mac user, I am sad that there is no Mac version directly available.

*weeps*

But I bought one anyways! Thanks, OP.

I have the European version of this collection (last time I checked that was the only version available) and the manuals for the games are included on the disks, not as cool as the old spiral manuals that came with some of them but it's on there. Also an advantage of this over the originals are that they are on dvds so you dont have to deal with all the cds from the original games and the possible disk swapping from the first. Just a dvd for each title so IMO it's worth the upgrade and if you own the originals just hold on to the instruction manuals if you want. There are a lot of cool mods for these games out there for people interested in that as well.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']I just beat dragon age, but never played baldur's gate, is it that much better because I love dragon age.[/QUOTE]

They're very old, late 90sish. Isometric POV, and it doesn't look that great on today's large monitors. Gameplay and adventuring fun is hard to match though.

I'm very tempted to jump on this. BUT, I would really like to have the manual for BG2.

I own BG1 packed away somewhere with the manual, and haven't played it yet. Getting just the expansion pack would be great for BG1.

Does anyone happen to know anyplace I can get a copy of BG2 with the manual?

When someone gets the game, can you let us know whether this seller is sending the US or EU version? Apparently, there is a US version of the 4 in 1 Boxset now with ESRB ratings on the discs.

[quote name='Ganelon']When someone gets the game, can you let us know whether this seller is sending the US or EU version? Apparently, there is a US version of the 4 in 1 Boxset now with ESRB ratings on the discs.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting. There are so many versions :lol: Mine has a PEGI rating of 12 (and I have no idea who published it), then there's another with a rating of 12+ published by Atari. Any idea who published the US version?

The BG series truly is the greatest set of games ever. To all those buying when you get your games make sure to head over to bioware and patch everything, these games were so large that there were plenty of glitches to fix. Also there are huge online communities that have almost endless add ons and portraits even nps that can join your party. Icewind Dale is also a great game in its own right it plays exactly the same as BG only you create each of the 6 characters in your party.

Thanks, OP. I may never get around to playing them, but a deal's a deal, right? Right?

(Thinks about backlog pile, sobs.)

bread's done
Back