Baldurs Gate DA 2 XBOX rare?

expane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
i have it rented from gamefly, w/ a no keep option. wouldnt want to keep this disc anyway as it is scratched like a cat post.

But i have not found this ANYWHERE online for sale, or in stores :(

Only place you'll likely find them now is ebay. The PS2 version is rarer, I think, or at least in higher demand. I sold my used Xbox one for about $30, and the PS2 version goes for a bit higher.

And to think all this time I believed it was the other way around. With PS2 being the more popular platform most of the time.

What I fail to understand is where the surge of interest suddenly came from.

[quote name='expane']i have it rented from gamefly, w/ a no keep option. wouldnt want to keep this disc anyway as it is scratched like a cat post.

But i have not found this ANYWHERE online for sale, or in stores :([/quote]

Check wherehouse.com, compusa.com and buy.com. Sometimes they get it in stock. I had to buy the PS2 version from wherehouse.com, because I was never able to find the Xbox version (I have an extra copy w/ no manual, if you're interested in a trade).

[quote name='Kuma']I remember when they couldnt give DA2 away for free[/QUOTE]

Umm...I don't. The game never saw a wide-spread major price drop afaik. And it's a fun game too - a lot better than the first one, and better than the 2 CoN games imo.

I remember Best Buy had cleareanced BA2 out for 10 dollars sometime back. I want to say around Xmas, but I can't remember the exact timepoint.

The PS2 version sells for more, but the Xbox version is still somewhat difficult to find. I've got a new & sealed copy of the Xbox version on my tradelist if anyone is looking for one.

[quote name='Pijaibros']I remember Best Buy had cleareanced BA2 out for 10 dollars sometime back. I want to say around Xmas, but I can't remember the exact timepoint.[/quote]

This is probably pretty correct since I scored a used and complete copy of BG: DA 2 at Best Buy for $9.99. I got lucky and sold a sealed copy of this game last month for $60 (Ebay BIN) and have another one up on Ebay right now that I bought off the shelf at CC for $29.95.

Yea - I bought Xbox and PS2 copies to resell and I wound up returning the Xbox copies because i couldnt sell for more than i paid($30). I bet they are still sitting on the shelves though, if you would want a copy...

You can still see this at some Circuit Citys and Wal-Marts. $29.99 each case (though one Wal-Mart had it for $12).

I was trying to score a copy of this game about a month ago. The only place I even found a copy at was a local gamestop. They wanted something like 28 bucks for a used copy so I passed. So it is hard to find, at least in my area.

Baldur's Gate 2 is hard to find and interest has always been relatively high. The first one is dirt cheap because it was a Greatest Hits. And I'd agree that the BG games are better than the Champions series.

I can't say anything about the first champion game since both copies that I had kept freezing! But Return to Arms has no story - and people complain about Dynasty Warriors.

[quote name='eau']I scored a non-GH version of the first BG recently. Does it hold a better value than the GH version?[/QUOTE]

no, the first BGDA is very common

the 2nd one, its good, but not *That* good, its just limited print... not worth collecting IMO

i got the game at a GS and some guy tried to push a game replacement on me and i kept telling him its not as rare as he thinks it is.. i have ran into it on 4 different occasions after that...

its a decent game.. has a lot of depth.. probably better to play with a friend then by yourself (as is DA 1 ) Old EBgames.com had a copy sitting at 26.99 forever and i almost bit then (should have with 25%..) but its worth it if you like hack/slash RPGs with a lot of maps to explore.. i agree its better then return to arms.. didn't like it that much.

Does anyone have a mint copy of the first Baldur's Gate: DA for XBox?

I've been looking to buy it, but would much prefer a trade.

bread's done
Back