Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - Good or Bad?

ZForce915

CAGiversary!
Feedback
112 (100%)
Simply put is this a good or bad game? Then take the less than $20 price tag, does that make the game seem better? Any thoughts?

Bought this recently for $15. Not too far along, but so far, it is pretty fun and has enough difficulty to keep it challenging.

Good gameplay, decent voice acting, and good graphics for a top-down action game.

Well worth the

[quote name='ZForce317']Simply put is this a good or bad game? Then take the less than $20 price tag, does that make the game seem better? Any thoughts?[/quote]

One of the best Cube games I have played. Definite must have, especially if you like hack-n-slash action/RPG type games.

So would this game compare in style to Mystic Heroes? I've been wanting to pick that game up for a while.

I think the Presidents Day sale is the way to go.

This is a good game playing solo, but when you play with a friend it's GREAT!! One of the best co-op experiences on a console, if you like hack-n-slash RPG's. Well worth $20!

On a related note, is anyone else getting Champions of Norrath? I'm pretty stoked for it--seems like it outdoes BG:DA in every respect, especially with online multiplayer of up to 4 people!

going through it for the second time now, i like it better than mystic heroes, well worth less than $20.

peace

Cube version is purdy. Don't know what you've heard. Haven't played the other versions to compare, though.

I love it. I found it at a wholesale liquidator for about 13 bucks, and me + my bro have been playing it nonstop. Definately worth it.

I read the review you posted from Gamespot. Interesting. If you've got a PS2 or XBOX, maybe that's the route to take if it's cheap on those platforms. I have yet to notice any real problems with frame rate, but maybe I'm just not being very critical or can't tell since I've never played the PS2 version.

i heard the cube version is a mess. is this true?

Actually the only difference I ever notice between the cube port versus the PS2 version is the framerate. The framerate is a bit slower and is not quite as smooth, however unless you really look at it closey or are a stickler for framerates you'll probably never notice. But the reason a lot of reviewers talk about it is because it came out about a year after the original release on the PS2 and they like to gripe about they didn't bother improving on it and so on.

This game is pretty fun, diablo style. Im surprised its 20$ however, I bought it last summer for 5$ at best Buy, first game I bought for my XBOX.

Thanks for the input everyone. I think I'm convinced now. Looks like the goal will be to get it as cheap as possible, naturally.

[quote name='metroidkiller9']this is what ive heard.

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/rpg/baldursgatedarkalliance/index.html[/quote]

Well, I've played both PS2 and GameCube versions and I can't really tell much of a difference if any. I hope I'm not sounding like a fanboy, but it really does seem like Gamespot doesn't like GameCube. I've noticed that their scores for certain bigger GameCube games like SSBM and Mario Kart are lower than virtually anywhere else. It seems to be a pattern from what I've seen on their site. Sad but true.

Yeah, I suppose that's true. I know a lot of GameCube games are worth the high 9.0's.

Wow, I didn't think these kind of RPG's would be good on systems other than the PC. I think I'll check BG out ^_^

bread's done
Back