Band Hero 360 $8 plus change (free with prime shipping)

Thanks for the heads up. However, that made me want to check GoHastings. Turns out it is $6.15 used on GoHastins for X360. With the 40% off shipping is essentially free.

I wanted it new because of the import feature. I like the idea of being able to keep all of the music in one game (even if they do charge that BS import fee). You can't do that with a used copy. . . .unless of course the person you get it from didn't use the code.

[quote name='joshrocker']I wanted it new because of the import feature. I like the idea of being able to keep all of the music in one game (even if they do charge that BS import fee). You can't do that with a used copy. . . .unless of course the person you get it from didn't use the code.[/QUOTE]

What games does Band Hero let you import/export with?

I dunno - maybe I'm getting jaded after yesterday, but now whenever I shell out that much money, I expect to get at least two copies of the game and a few dozen sets of instruments. . .

[quote name='kevgret']If you want something to play with your daughter Lego Rock Band (360) is $9.99 at new egg with free shipping and $9.99 at best buy (360 and PS3).

New Egg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874330015

Best Buy:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Hope this helps...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for linking it!

I saw that and was planning on getting it until I came across the band hero deal. I may still get it after band hero comes. .. . I'm going wait and see if she has more fun with some of these songs. WoR is heavy on the metal and there was very few songs she could try to sing with.

[quote name='eldergias']What games does Band Hero let you import/export with?[/QUOTE]

You can import most of the songs from band hero into WoR for around a $5 fee (in xbox points). There's a code on the back of the game Manuel that you input into WoR. It basically downloads the songs to your hard drive and then you can access them as DLC basically. The big advantage is you don't have to switch out discs. The fee is a re-licensing fee so they say.

Thanks OP! I have a bunch of credit at Amazon and love all the music games and have been wanting Band Hero, but never wanted to pay a lot of it. Can't beat $8!

[quote name='kevgret']If you want something to play with your daughter Lego Rock Band (360) is $9.99 at new egg with free shipping and $9.99 at best buy (360 and PS3).

New Egg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874330015

Best Buy:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Hope this helps...[/QUOTE]

Lego Rock Band is totally worth it. A great list of songs and the base game is a blast. Plus whenever you decide to switch to Rock Band 2 or 3 as your main music game, it's almost inevitable you will, you can also export the tracks (although it is 800 points rather than 400).

Lego Rock Band is $4 from a "fulfilled by amazon" seller. I am on a band game kick after finding the beatles rock band bundle for $20 at sears the other day.

fyi, also saw rockband 2 for $5 and rockband 3 for $10 at best buy. (game only)

[quote name='scottman']Lego Rock Band is $4 from a "fulfilled by amazon" seller. I am on a band game kick after finding the beatles rock band bundle for $20 at sears the other day.

fyi, also saw rockband 2 for $5 and rockband 3 for $10 at best buy. (game only)[/QUOTE]

Beatles for $20 is the cheapest I've seen. Not that I need anymore instruments right now but this was the full band bundle?

[quote name='joshrocker']I wanted it new because of the import feature. I like the idea of being able to keep all of the music in one game (even if they do charge that BS import fee). You can't do that with a used copy. . . .unless of course the person you get it from didn't use the code.[/QUOTE]

hahaha nice... I did look just now though and I didnt see it @ GoHasting.. Can anyone post a link?

[quote name='eldergias']What games does Band Hero let you import/export with?[/QUOTE]

GHV and Band Hero can see the exports from each other as well as the exports from GH World Tour, Smash Hits, and most of the World Tour DLC. I think that GHV and Band Hero can also see the Metallica export but have never tried it since I already had Warriors of Rock by the time Metallica was exportable.

Warriors of Rock can see the exports from GHV, Band Hero, GH World Tour, Smash Hits, Metallica, most of the World Tour DLC, and the GHV/BH DLC.

If I recall correctly the only GHWT DLC that can't be seen by the later games once you have downloaded a free compatibility update is Jimi Hendrix, but it has been a long time since I checked and I could be misremembering.

I read in my research that Jimi Hendrix wasn't compatibable with the export. If I understand it correctly, the record companies had to give their permission for the songs to be exported (which I find completely silly since we've already bought the game and the music on the disc to be used while playing). I'm assuming the fee they charge goes to the record lables as compensation.

Pure speculation but I guess some labels decided that certain artists were worth more money and refused exporting rights to get a few extra bucks?

Band Hero is a fine game if you like the Guitar Hero series, it's more of the same just with a different skin on the menus. Also, in case anyone cares, the achievements are much easier than the typical music game achievements; the full 1000 is actually a semi-realistic goal for mere mortals. I was never able to find anyone online though.

bread's done
Back