Band Hero Full Bundle - $50 at Wal-Mart - YMMV?

crazedracerguy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
Saw at a Wal Mart outside of Richmond, VA today. Said "Was 199.99 - Now 49.99". Hard to tell if this is national. I'll know in the morning, as my local WMs had a bunch of these left, as well. With the fall of GH, this may not be that desirable, but it's a good bundle if you were looking at picking up instruments and a new game, in general.

I've regretted not jumping on the Dell.com $75 deal for 6 months...this would make up for it big time. Every Walmart near me (15 miles north of Detroit) always has these stacked up, all the time with a $150 sticker price...I'll check soon...hopefully I'll have some drums that WORK.

Almost any good deal you will find like this in a walmart is going to be YMMV. When you see stuff like this, department managers are getting some mark down money in order to discount items to get them out of the store. I cannot tell you why walmart decided to use Band hero as a black friday deal AGAIN this year, and flooded stores with even more copies than we had left over from last year.

Plenty of bundles around me are all 150 although I won't be surprised to see them at 50 with Activision's closure of the "Hero" series.

My wife and I saw a stack of bundles (maybe 10 or so bundles?) at one of the Wal-Mart stores in Rochester MN for $50 a few days ago. Didn't realize it was a deal. ((My wife pointed out the deal as we walked pass and I was like... meh, lol.))

Could use a new drum kit... maybe I'll run back over there.

edit, the stack we saw was for PS3, we didn't check and see if any 360 bundles were around.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Saw at a Wal Mart outside of Richmond, VA today. Said "Was 199.99 - Now 49.99". Hard to tell if this is national. I'll know in the morning, as my local WMs had a bunch of these left, as well. With the fall of GH, this may not be that desirable, but it's a good bundle if you were looking at picking up instruments and a new game, in general.[/QUOTE]

Specifically which location crazedracerguy? Short Pump? Mechanicsville, Chester?

Also, which platform? Wii guitars are getting damn hard to find except for the GH5 one--I've been using a PS2 to Wii converter, but I would like to migrate to a Wii guitar without spending an arm and a leg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both Super Walmarts by me (Oldsmar and Clearwater) are still $150, been that price for a long time, and there are a LOT of bundles. These two Walmarts never discount anything though. Heck, the PS3 chatpads are still $40 on "clearance" so there you go.

I saw this price few days ago at Walmart, did not realise it is a deal. They had probably 10 of each PS 3 and XBOX 360 for $50 in the Walmart and Maryland City In Maryland

is it worth it for the instruments only? i play rock band 3, and a guitar broke, and the drums are kinda shabby.

I bought the full kit for $50 at a BX. However, the drums were DOA (wouldn't sync) and it was the last kit in stock. Seemed like a sturdy build and I liked the wireless guitar controller. Shame about the drums.

[quote name='doodmandood']Band Hero crosses over to Rock Band/Guitar Hero right?[/QUOTE]

It is just another Guitar Hero game, does the cross-game exporting with the later Guitar Hero games (GH5, Smash Hits, etc).

bread's done
Back