Band Hero PS3 Bundle 59.99 @ Buy.com

Well It's wireless so it's better than the RB1 stuff. Not sure how it rates vs the RB2 stuff, or if the Warriors is the same instruments?

Tempting though, I never got drums and it's hard to find decent drums at that price, much less the extra game and mic, since you can use multiple mics on RB:Beatles/RB3. Free shipping too. Hm...

I can say this much about the guitar: it's definitely the best of the Guitar Hero series (even over the Warriors one). As far as the drums go, I don't know too much about them.
So if you're looking to get the new game, pick this one up with a standalone copy of the game. Much better deal.

Edit: And you can always import these songs into the other games.

Also looking at the rock band compatibility chart, it looks like this guitar/drum combo is usable with every iteration of games on PS3/360/Wii. Think I might have to bite.

Thanks in for one. Been waiting ever since I missed out on the dell.com deal, thought I'd have to wait till black Friday for sure :( The wife will be pleased! And if I find a better deal on black Friday I'll sell this one on Craigslist :D

Hmmm, I still have the old GH3 Les Paul guitars (2 of them) and the RB1 drums....

Do you guys think I should go for this set? I like the idea of wireless drums, and a bigger guitar (with the touch-sensitive buttons at the bottom of the neck...something the les paul is missing).

Note - I don't need the actual Band Hero game, or the mic :whistle2:(

I could always sell the rest of the set I suppose...

opinions?

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I ordered this yesterday, and received it today. Great deal![/QUOTE]

Mine shipped already and is apparently coming Friday. The expected time when I ordered was 4-7 days I thought? Getting in in 3 for free isn't bad at all. :applause:

...seems like I'm going to have to bite on this. A lot of good user opinion and feedback put this down as a pretty sweet deal.

Thanks for the positive comments, everyone!

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I ordered this yesterday, and received it today. Great deal![/QUOTE]

What version did you buy and did you get the WT drums or the new one with round cymbals? Is the drum controls detachable like the newest drums that are out?

[quote name='Joker2007']What version did you buy and did you get the WT drums or the new one with round cymbals? Is the drum controls detachable like the newest drums that are out?[/QUOTE]

i dont have the set but i think its the same as the WT drums with GH5 guitar.

[quote name='trunks982']i dont have the set but i think its the same as the WT drums with GH5 guitar.[/QUOTE]

I was reading on slick deals and other web sites that the sets are falling apart. Something about disintigrating wires and refurbished kits. It seems Dell was also selling these and many people had issues with the hardware being damaged or not working. I think I will have to pass on this one. Too much uncertainty.

[quote name='Joker2007']What version did you buy and did you get the WT drums or the new one with round cymbals? Is the drum controls detachable like the newest drums that are out?[/QUOTE]

From what I can tell, it's the same drum set (with cymbals) as the one in the GHWT Bundle. Also, the Guitar does appear to be the one in the Guitar Hero 5 set (quite a beauty too).

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but I'm curious whether I can connect the kick pad from my RB drum set to this set, and play GH Metallica using both (Expert plus drums)?

Too bad the drum set isn't reliable. Irony really, I have the WT drums and the cymbol wires are toast. If it's the kit itself there really isn't a point in replacing them with ones that will have the same problem. I need to replace both guitars at this point as they have been worn to the point of constant malfunction. Oh well.

I think I'll risk it and wait for black friday deals. Maybe we'll see GH: WoR Bundle for $100?

Last edited by a moderator:
My kids destroyed my drum set so I had to get another one... The price is now $57.99 shipped and I had an offer for $5 off if I used Google checkout... total of $52.99 shipped and no tax. Thanks original poster!

[quote name='Joker2007']I was reading on slick deals and other web sites that the sets are falling apart. Something about disintigrating wires and refurbished kits. It seems Dell was also selling these and many people had issues with the hardware being damaged or not working. I think I will have to pass on this one. Too much uncertainty.[/QUOTE]

Just to confirm, I got this last time this deal was up, and yes, the wiring on the kick pedal was in pieces when it arrived. Still waiting (3 weeks Sunday) for RMA from Activision, even though I chose "express" where they are supposed to send it immediately and I send the broken one back. Submitted a follow up request back on Sunday and still haven't heard anything back either.

Also have another friend who had the same problem. He went through the ask a question and RMA stuff 2 days before I did, but had the same issue, they never sent his RMA shipped even though it was express. He did get his followup answered a few days ago, that they would just reissue the RMA and ship. But I'm not sure if he's actually got a shipping notice.

So, beware these sets... and beware the slowness of Activision customer support. :cold:

But it is a very cheap deal for a good game and some great instruments. The mic and guitar are both a lot better than the old Les Paul I used to have on Wii and the old Wii Logitech mic I had. Drums, aside from the pedal, play great. I have only been able to use them on LEGO Rock Band so far, since it has "auto-kick pedal" mode. :applause:

So I dunno... I'd still probably buy them. Assuming that Activision truly replaces the kick pedal for free and it takes less than a month, it's a good deal then.

bread's done
Back