Band of Brothers Blu-Ray Complete Series $29+ S&H Amazon UK

digitalbabe

CAGiversary!
Part of "Christmas up to 70% off" offer.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/r...9743031&ie=UTF8&qid=1257991833&rnid=383379011

Blurayregioncodes.com a reliable site, confirms that the UK Blu set of BOB is region free (will play in Region A-US BD Players). I already have the BOB set, but shipping to the East Coast added roughly $6-7 to the price. If you order other items, your deals get better, as the shipping cost only increases marginally, for each item added.

You should be able to log in with your US Amazon info.

91 total items in this BD sale.

Also check out their regular TV box set area-there are some great "Complete Series" deals to be had.

**Please note-if you're not familiar, you do need a PAL & multi-region SD player (or BD player with this capability to play SD's from the UK).

Enjoy!
DB

Good deal on an amazing series. If I didn't already own the US version I'd bite. The sound quality of the bombs dropping is awesome.

Ed, it's unbelievable, but I STILL have not watched this. Not for lack of not wanting to, but because I am playing catch up. As an avid deal hunter, I have more movies wrapped, than open, haha. I have heard great things about this series, however, and originally picked mine up at the DD 25% off sale last year (still paid more than this). I look forward to watching it! Take care-DB

[quote name='digitalbabe']Ed, it's unbelievable, but I STILL have not watched this. Not for lack of not wanting to, but because I am playing catch up. As an avid deal hunter, I have more movies wrapped, than open, haha. I have heard great things about this series, however, and originally picked mine up at the DD 25% off sale last year (still paid more than this). I look forward to watching it! Take care-DB[/QUOTE]

I undersand where you are coming from. I actually sat on this since I had gotten the DVD version from BBs BF sale in 07 and never watched it. I picked up the BD from Amazon for cheap during last year's BF sale and I didn't get to watching this until earlier this year. I watched the entire series in a span of three days; it was that good! So, I think you should make some time for the series...you won't regret it!!! :)

[quote name='bones56']So how do you know that your player can play international blurays. I have a PS3 and a Sony BDP-S360. Help! thanks[/QUOTE]

Thanks for answering my question. I have been wanting to buy this for a very long time at this price its too hard to pass up but i want to make sure i can watch it on my current BR players. This maybe a dumb question but i don't know the answer! thanks

Hi guys, OP here-

Basically here's how it works. And forgive me if you already know some of this.

Blu-Rays are coded for either Region A(US, Canada, Japan players), Region B (Europe) and C (other Asia, etc).

*Studios try to restrict access because of agreements, marketing, etc and thus will release a BD for a certain region A,B, or C.

*However, most BD's are actually "unlocked" (region free). The site I provided tells you which ones are "locked" (can't play it outside of a region, unless you have a region free BD player-some US models can be made so-see AVS and other forums). But the regular Region A US player cannot play Region B "locked" discs. Conversely, a Region B Player cannot play Region A "locked" discs.

This BOB Blu-Ray set, as well as many others will say "unlocked" which means you can play them on your US BD player, eventhough it was technically released for the UK (Region B).

So lets say you wanted to check if a BD from the UK is "locked"-visit blurayregioncodes.com and click "Region B". Scroll to the title and it will tell you.

Occasionally, the "extras" on a BD are encoded with PAL (UK format), and unless your US BD player can play PAL(not typical), you will not be able to play the extras. There are not many discs like that, in the grand scheme. The site is comprehensive, and whether you will be able to play extras encoded in PAL (SD not hi-def), will be noted in "notes" area. But if you can't find info on a certain title, check the AVSforum or BD Threads-someone is bound to be looking for the same info. Some BD players can be made to be region free (examples are Momitsu, some Curtis Mathes and LG BH200 (combo player now discontinued). The mod is usually just a simple remote hack, though there are sites that sell "modified players", at a hefty markup.

I hope this helps-please feel free to ask any questions. I have a few players that are region free (LG BH200) for BD and SD. But before that I always checked the site above, so I wouldn't end up with coasters (ha!).

G'Night!
DB

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhhh....I am so tempted to get this right now!!! But I think I am going to keep waiting for Amazon US to do some sort of sale...at least I am hoping they will...I really want this series on Bluray! As well as the Sopranos!

so does the bonus features work on a us ps3? because "Occasionally, the "extras" on a BD are encoded with PAL (UK format), and unless your US BD player can play PAL(not typical), you will not be able to play the extras."

if it does.. pulling the trigger :)

Chunky-check blurayregioncodes.com for any title. It will say next to the title, in the little "notes" area if there will be a problem (also see my post). In this case there is no note, so you should be fine.

Thanks!

Can someone explain the Amazon Currency Converter thing? I don't understand it very well, even after reading the terms.

Hi there-when you add the item to your cart and attempt to checkout, the price may actually be cheaper, because "VAT" (a tax of sorts) gets removed sometimes. However, if you want to see how much it will cost in US $ before you do so, just visit xe.com and enter the amount of the set (17xxx) and choose the currency (in this case GBP for the UK). Choose dollars in the other box and then click submit or convert. You will then see the approximate price you'll pay in US $.

Thanks,
DB

Thanks for the info, DB. You're right, the product price on the final invoice was cheaper (£15.63).

I think I understand the currency conversion confusion now. I did some digging--read thru my credit card user agreement and called customer service.

Because the purchase is in a foreign currency, the credit card uses a currency exchange rate to determine what to charge you, meanwhile Amazon offers to do the exchanging for you, at competing exchange rate.

It's not a simple choice though, because the cc can pick and choose which rate to use (depending on several factors) and is able to get wholesale exchange rates. But Amazon offers you a firm rate upfront, but at retail rates.

I went with Amazon. For me it boils down to who I trust more. And with cc companies screwing customers left and right, I doubt they would give me the cheapest rate.

Also, people purchasing with credit cards should remember that most cc's charge an additional percentage fee for foreign transactions. Mine was 3%, coming to a grand total of US $33.19. Still an amazing deal!

Btw, Band of Brothers is a must-own! I'm upgrading from a DVD version!

Am-you bet, enjoy your set-and you are absolutely correct there is a "foreign exchange fee" added-luckily it's not too bad. Enjoy your new BD set!:)

[quote name='Ed_']I watched the entire series in a span of three days; it was that good! So, I think you should make some time for the series...you won't regret it!!! :)[/QUOTE]
This! I think I even took less time than that. Stayed up all night untill 9 in the morning. This series will make you truly appreciate what veterans have been through.

Just a side note they are doing another series on HBO called The Pacific that follows the Marines this time. Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg at teaming up again for this one also.

[quote name='neoz']Just a side note they are doing another series on HBO called The Pacific that follows the Marines this time. Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg at teaming up again for this one also.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, neoz. The trailers look good. :applause:

bread's done
Back