Band of Brothers Deals?

Ravaged

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Anyone find any Deals for the Band of Brothers HBO Series DVD Set? I just saw an episode on History or whatever, and it was awesome, and I'd really love to buy the whole set. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Scorch']Check local used DVD shops.. mine has it for 59.99, not sure if it's worth it or not[/quote]

It's totally worth it...

[quote name='beerguy961'][quote name='Scorch']Check local used DVD shops.. mine has it for 59.99, not sure if it's worth it or not[/quote]

It's totally worth it...[/quote]

Is it? I don't want to go and drop $15 and have it suck :p I've got $45 store credit there.. so.. you think I should do it? My stepdad was in the Korean war.. think he would like something like this as a christmas gift?

16.65 hours long.. it sounds good.. amazon has had 700+ people review it and the average rating is five stars.. I've wanted to bite on this for a while, I think i'm going to go back and get it tomorrow. Thanks, guys!

I consider Band of Brothers the best World War II thing* there is. Think of Saving Private Ryan without the Hollywood plot progression. If you want to check it out, The History Channel was re-airing it recently. They might still have a few episodes left to go.

*Personally, I consider it a movie that simply has the advantage of being 10 hours long. But basically, it's the best cinematic feature about World War II, whatever you want to compare it to.

band of brothers is a great series

i am not a dvd buyer so i don't have the mentality of wanting to own this kind of stuff as i much prefer spending on games

but one negative to buying this series is that it is on tv all the time, hbo will run it forever as will the history channel, so my view is if you are trying to stretch your dvd entertainment dollar one might be better off spending on shows that you may never see again (e.g. freaks and geeks)

Band of Brothers is nothing short of amazing. I got the DVDs when they were $120, and they're worth every minute of it. If you can classify it as a movie, it's my favorite. I'd easily give it 5 out of 5 stars. :D

I saw a deal for it somewhere. I'll try to find it, but I think it was that Amazon deal that just expired.

Try Amazon.ca

Not amazon.com. IT was $90 Can. 2 years ago. The conversion rate made it about $57 US shipped when I bought it. It took 3 weeks for the cheap shipping around Christmas. It may cost more now since the US dollar has dropped so much in value.

I just rewatch episodes 1-5 and watched 6 as well. The whole series is just awesome and worth the $$ since it is rewatchable and the quality (transfer, sound) is amazing as well. It will take advantage of your A/V system if you got a nice setup!

[quote name='CokeCola']I consider Band of Brothers the best World War II thing* there is. Think of Saving Private Ryan without the Hollywood plot progression. If you want to check it out, The History Channel was re-airing it recently. They might still have a few episodes left to go.

*Personally, I consider it a movie that simply has the advantage of being 10 hours long. But basically, it's the best cinematic feature about World War II, whatever you want to compare it to.[/quote]

Anyone who likes Band of Brothers needs to do themselves a favor and check Stalingrad (Fox Lorber film) and Das Boot (uncut). Both are German films with subtitles! Stalingrad is as good as Saving Private Ryan if not better and Das Boot Uncut (five hours) is almost as good as B.o.B. I really like B.o.B. and got it in the summer during DDD summer sale for around $63 no tax no shipping charge. Anywhere in the 60 to 70 range is ideal. :wink:

Thanks for the recommendations. I don't think I've heard of Stalingrad, and I've really been wanting to see Das Boot. The uncut version was on my to-buy list this summer, but I never got to it.

Well... I just bit the bullet and ordered it online for 80$ shipped. I can't wait. Thanks for all the feedback people, hopefully I'll enjoy this great amounts.

vaule city department store has it this week i think for 39.99 or 49.99... its a great show but some of them are not that good and drag (think like the 4 or 5th one.) but the rest are very good.

i just picked up two copies for 70 bucks each from costco with each of them comming with a free dvd along with it, these are worth every cent

bread's done
Back