Banjo-Kazooie & Viva Pinata 2 $36.99 Pre-orders at Newegg - $40 MSRP

Preordered VP2 for $39.99 at GS today w/ some credit I had. Looks like this is the retail price, which is very cool. I'd get BK as well, but Nov. is a full month for me (and not just with games).

Got both at gamestop, wish I saw this ad, would have saved 10 bucks and gotten better shipping.

Can't wait for these two games. VP1 is by far my favorite strategy game right up there with civ 1 and 4.

This may or may not be the MRSP for the game, but for $39.99 is a steal:
51iEvKe1T3L._SS400_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019MLWL4

I wonder why this is the MSRP? Targeting kiddie gamers, or just trying to push a sub-par game in a holiday awash with AAA titles? I desperately hope not but I fear the worst. I'm still in for one though.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Does Amazon charge you right away if you pre-order something from them?[/quote]

You will be charged when it ships.

Is this a banjo kazooie game or a casual game? Wasn't the game suppose to be called Banjo Threeie. Why so cheap seems strange to me? Whats up with Banjo hair style?

[quote name='daft07']Is this a banjo kazooie game or a casual game? Wasn't the game suppose to be called Banjo Threeie. Why so cheap seems strange to me? Whats up with Banjo hair style?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure this is still a Banjo game. Rare said that there's more emphasis on vehicles, but the charm of platforming will still be there.

I don't judge a product by its price. I learned that back when NBA 2k5 debuted at $19.99.
[quote name='olde_english']I wonder why this is the MSRP? Targeting kiddie gamers, or just trying to push a sub-par game in a holiday awash with AAA titles? I desperately hope not but I fear the worst. I'm still in for one though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sTaTIx']I don't judge a product by its price. I learned that back when NBA 2k5 debuted at $19.99.[/quote]

Or when LAIR debuted at $39.99...oh, wait...

Might not be a good sign in terms of the game's quality. We'll see I guess. Was really just hoping for banjo kazooie 3, excuse me, nuts and bolts rather:roll:, to be like the N64 versions but with 360 graphics, but I guess that's just too much to ask for. Thanks Rare, and don't bother getting on Killer Instinct 3 anytime soon why your at it :applause:.

Personally I'm glad they are jazzing it up a bit. I really liked Banjo Kazooie but it was such a collect-a-thon that I never bothered with Banjo-Tooie.

[quote name='Squeedom49']its $40 on Amazon and Gamestop.com

No deal here.[/QUOTE]

Well with the MS Live cashback you are still looking at a couple bucks less than SRP, 3-day shipping and no tax . Not the best, but still something.

[quote name='earvcunanan']I'm pretty sure this is still a Banjo game. Rare said that there's more emphasis on vehicles, but the charm of platforming will still be there.[/quote]

Even though I don't have a 360, I've been following this game in every article presented in my numerous game magazine subscriptions. While the journalists have admitted that indeed platforming is there, specifically in the town which serves as an overworld (if I'm understanding it right, it sounds like Princess Peach's castle in Mario 64). However, the journalists are quick to inform the readers that the game is not Banjo-Kazooie 3. The focus is largely on vehicle creation and completing objectives with said vehicles.

It looks to me like the vehicles take the place of what Kazooie did in the old games

But it's sill not Banjo Kazooie 3.

bread's done
Back