Banjo Nuts & Bolts (360) $25.99 again @ Amazon

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered. I try and try to tell my wife when I tell her to order things for my Christmas that time is critical. I told her I am ordering it for me this time. :)

Any chance of still getting the XBLA code with this? I got Last Remnant from Amazon after it had been out for a bit and still got the code.

/Must list that on E-Bay. Sooo can't invest the time needed for a RPG right now.

I doubt you would still get the codes, especially since the Full Arcade release is out for non- pre-orders. The game is a steal for $40, but for 26..its a no- brainer. I was going to go for Super Saver shipping, but with it being holiday time I was afraid i wouldn't get it until January!

[quote name='mxyzplik']Any chance of still getting the XBLA code with this? I got Last Remnant from Amazon after it had been out for a bit and still got the code.

/Must list that on E-Bay. Sooo can't invest the time needed for a RPG right now.[/quote]

I highly doubt it. The code was for pre-orders only.

Thanks OP ! In for 1 please ! :applause: GREAT GAME unlike anything else in the market. This is my 2nd copy for my 2nd Xbox 360 I will be buying because my 9 year old HOGS the game so much and my 7 year old wants to play but never gets the controller !

So used 360 at Gamestop with Credit for $150, here I come ! This will pair nicely with that. ;)

What a FUN game in true brilliant RARE form and quality. The game feels very alive and cartoony and is easy enough for my 5 year old to play but I have a blast building rocket cars and stuff too ! :lol:

I have Prime and it will be here by Thursday so I will let everyone know if the code comes with. I seriously doubt it though.

Ya, I got this game when the deal first hit a couple days ago, and have been enjoying the hell out of it. This and Oblivion GOTY have got to the best deals on Amazon right now when you consider the amount of gameplay per dollar.

[quote name='mxyzplik']Any chance of still getting the XBLA code with this? I got Last Remnant from Amazon after it had been out for a bit and still got the code.

/Must list that on E-Bay. Sooo can't invest the time needed for a RPG right now.[/quote]

[quote name='CGriffiths86']I doubt you would still get the codes, especially since the Full Arcade release is out for non- pre-orders. The game is a steal for $40, but for 26..its a no- brainer. I was going to go for Super Saver shipping, but with it being holiday time I was afraid i wouldn't get it until January![/quote]

[quote name='PrarieD0G']I highly doubt it. The code was for pre-orders only.[/quote]

All really depends on how well it sold and how many of the codes Amazon had. In the past, I have gotten pre-order bonuses weeks or even a month or so after a game was released. The free code, though, was a big draw, I believe, so I don't see them still being available.

Passed on this last time, but even though I'm going to have a ton of new games to play after Christmas, I think I'm going to order it now. You just can't beat $26 for a month old game when most new releases are $60. Plus all the word of mouth I'm hearing is very positive.

Ugh, now I'm thinking about getting this.

I would like to get something I can play with my 4 year old (Lego Star Wars is getting OLD).

The demo didn't do much for me but perhaps it was a case of the demo not showing off the game well...?

[quote name='Xfactor4']Thanks OP ! In for 1 please ! :applause: GREAT GAME unlike anything else in the market. This is my 2nd copy for my 2nd Xbox 360 I will be buying because my 9 year old HOGS the game so much and my 7 year old wants to play but never gets the controller !

So used 360 at Gamestop with Credit for $150, here I come ! This will pair nicely with that. ;)

What a FUN game in true brilliant RARE form and quality. The game feels very alive and cartoony and is easy enough for my 5 year old to play but I have a blast building rocket cars and stuff too ! :lol:[/QUOTE]

FANTASTIC game. It's a game of the year nominee for me. Very original, incredible graphics, and a game engine and physics that actually work. Making and using a vehicle you made successfully is very rewarding.

I think I'm gonna pick this up, I've been looking for a good game that just came out (got the money, so I'd rather get something new than some older games) and it's either this, Resistance 2, or.. I don't know, Littlebigplanet? Already got Gears 2 and just got Resistance 1, so I think I'm covered there for a while, and Littlebigplanet, eh.. I got kinda bored when I rented it.

This being at $26 means I could get it and the Orange Box for about $40, seems like the best idea to me.

is this only for 360... does amazon have one for the ps3?
thanks
CAGsmily!.gif

[quote name='Chargers1987']is this only for 360... does amazon have one for the ps3?
thanks
CAGsmily!.gif
[/QUOTE]
The game only exists for the 360.

[quote name='Chargers1987']is this only for 360... does amazon have one for the ps3?
thanks
CAGsmily%21.gif
[/quote]

Rare = Microsoft company.

No way in hell.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']All really depends on how well it sold and how many of the codes Amazon had. In the past, I have gotten pre-order bonuses weeks or even a month or so after a game was released. The free code, though, was a big draw, I believe, so I don't see them still being available.[/quote]

The reason that many don't believe you will get the code, is because they did not physically come packaged with the game. The code was e-mailed to you from Amazon. The codes with games like the Last Remnant are actual cards that come packaged with the game. The chance of getting an actual card are good using your logic, for games that came with them. The chance of them e-mailing you a code this long after a promotion, however, are much lower. Not trying to be a downer, just a realist.

In for one! Thanks OP, now I have to hope the girlfriend didn't buy it for me for Christmas..

[quote name='NDPsycho']The reason that many don't believe you will get the code, is because they did not physically come packaged with the game. The code was e-mailed to you from Amazon. The codes with games like the Last Remnant are actual cards that come packaged with the game. The chance of getting an actual card are good using your logic, for games that came with them. The chance of them e-mailing you a code this long after a promotion, however, are much lower. Not trying to be a downer, just a realist.[/quote]

I didn't know how the code was delivered. It was e-mailed, yes, you aren't getting it. The promotion is over.

I regretted not getting this before. Normally, I would be all over this.
But now that it's come up again, I can't help thinking this is going to go lower.

lol - thats why I got it, for my 5yo. Lego sw is getting old for me too. Try Crackdown. My 5yo loves that too, but you'll have to unlock everything.

[quote name='jkimrey']Ugh, now I'm thinking about getting this.

I would like to get something I can play with my 4 year old (Lego Star Wars is getting OLD).

The demo didn't do much for me but perhaps it was a case of the demo not showing off the game well...?[/quote]

[quote name='hoofrog']Thanks for the heads up. Ordered. I try and try to tell my wife when I tell her to order things for my Christmas that time is critical. I told her I am ordering it for me this time. :)[/quote]

haha this conversation sounds all too familiar to me ;)

also this game is awesome and an amazing bargain at such a low price.

It makes me sad that this game has already ended up in the "oh great, all those jerks overlooked us so we're going straight to the bargain bin" status. It really is quite a great game.

To whoever asked about platforming, there really isn't much. You do have to platform your car around a bit from time to time but I wouldn't call it at platformer. There is a ton of exploration to the game though, it is far more than just building stuff.

[quote name='kev']It makes me sad that this game has already ended up in the "oh great, all those jerks overlooked us so we're going straight to the bargain bin" status. It really is quite a great game.

To whoever asked about platforming, there really isn't much. You do have to platform your car around a bit from time to time but I wouldn't call it at platformer. There is a ton of exploration to the game though, it is far more than just building stuff.[/QUOTE]

There's notes scattered around every level, as well as a few tiny Jinjos that you have to hunt down for bonus races/events, so I would definitely say that there's a lot of "platforming" invloved in acquiring the notes and finding the Jinjos. What is gone are the risks and deaths of a normal platformer. There is no "health" honeycomb meter. Banjo just has one honeycomb, and it rarely depletes, if ever. You don't even drown if you're underwater too long -- Kazooie just slaps your face and your air meter replenishes. You don't die from a long fall or touching a monster.

That being said, I count the hours until I can sit down and play some more. The levels are beyond huge -- they are MASSIVE. Opening a new level and wandering around it is fantastic.

[quote name='UjnHunter']This game is made by RARE... [/quote]

I remember when those words were the greatest compliment you could pay a game, not a death sentence :cry:

I'm really enjoying this game and bought it at "full" price at retail. For $26 I would strongly recommend it. If you ever liked playing with Legos than you'll probably like this game.

[quote name='UjnHunter']This game is made by RARE... buyer beware! ;)[/quote]

[quote name='JCAll']I remember when those words were the greatest compliment you could pay a game, not a death sentence :cry:[/quote]

Why all the hate towards Rare? Which Rare games received a "death sentence?"

I was tempted at this price previously, but at this point I'm just going to wait for a sub-$20 price... I'm sure it'll be there within a month or two.

[quote name='Mysterio']Why all the hate towards Rare? Which Rare games received a "death sentence?"[/QUOTE]

Well, I thought Perfect Dark Zero was completely awful. Kameo was OK and both Rare Viva Pinata titles are great. That dude's just being a hater.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eastx']Well, I thought Perfect Dark Zero was completely awful. Kameo was OK and both Rare Viva Pinata titles are great. That ther dude's just being a hater.[/quote]

I had a blast playing Kameo, but I have yet to play the others.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I was tempted at this price previously, but at this point I'm just going to wait for a sub-$20 price... I'm sure it'll be there within a month or two.[/QUOTE]

1) It's a great game and at this price you can't really get a better value for a new game.

2) Last time it was 25.98... this time it's 25.99... price is going up :)

You are crazy if you don't jump on this. It won't go lower than this price if it receives a permanent price drop.

I missed out on the deal a few days ago, so I ordered one today very quickly. I'm not sure if I should open it now or save it to give to a friend for Christmas, and then just borrow it from him later on. Thanks for posting the deal.

So far this season I've played The Force Unleashed, Viva Pinata 2, Fable II, Saints Row II, Rock Band 2, Midnight Club, CoD5, Left 4 Dead, Banjo and GoW2 and there isn't a single game in that list that I would recommend over Banjo @ $27. The game is huge, the graphics are pretty, there is humor, you can play it a ton of different ways, the building mechanic is completely fresh and works great and the variety in the gameplay is awesome. For a fun/value relationship it can't be beat. It matches my memory of DK64 in every way.

You are much better off buying this game now and waiting to play other new fall releases until they get a price drop later on. This game will only drop 25% in price whereas most other titles will drop 50% or more.

Ah, what the hell, I bit. I had some credit leftover anyway. I thought about it all day and it was still $26 when I was leaving work, so I pulled the trigger.

As of the time of this post, it is still $26.

after playing the demo, my mind was blown on how HUGE it is (this comes from a user who just picked up an arcade a week ago-Jasper YES!)

so after seeing the deal post(and hearing good views on the game awhile back), i IMMEDIATELY ordered it.

bread's done
Back