Bard's Tale, PS2 - $14.99, Xbox - $19.99 at Ebgames.com

Eligible for the $5 Pricegrabber rebate. Not bad for $15, but I'll hold out for $10. Good game; though not perfectly faithful to the original, it's still really great and funny.

Thanks, OP.

Waiting for the $10-15 range on this one. Thank nach for posting this again. Just reminded me of it. I remember seeing it being posted by TSD in the EBgames morning update thread when it dropped in price.

i briefly posted it somewhere in the ebgames morning updates thread about a month ago and was told that it's been known...either way, it's a really good deal for a game that i was waiting forever for a drop on

I'm also waiting for a $10-15 price on this one, but I love to hear that the price is dropping. I missed the post about it in the EB morning update thread, so this is news to me. Thanks OP.

I honestly think this was one of my favorite games this generation. It's one of the few games that I've played through twice just to see all the different stuff you could do. This is a must own for anyone who likes hack n slash RPG's like Champions or Dark Alliance. The only downside is that it is just single player.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Waiting for the $10-15 range on this one.[/QUOTE]
Ditto.

Man this site has made me cheap! I used to think $20-25 was a "good deal".

Now I refuse to buy unless it's $15 or less!

troy

I've had this game since it came out, yet I haven't given it a go. The fact that it's a Baldurs Gate:DA-type game, minus the multiplayer has really turned me off.

[quote name='electrictroy']Ditto.

Man this site has made me cheap! I used to think $20-25 was a "good deal".

Now I refuse to buy unless it's $15 or less!

troy[/QUOTE]

yep. Same with me. I won't buy too many games unless they are less than $15, even if its a pretty good game. I've got such a huge backlog of games I can afford to wait.

The original Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance became a PS2 Greatest Hits release, so I'm hoping that Bard's Tale will do the same. Unfortunately, BGDA came out late for Xbox, so it probably lost a lot of fans in the process.

Since Bard's Tale hasn't been a popular series for a number of years now, I'm going to guess that it didn't sell as well as the publisher had hoped, and our chances of a value release for Xbox and PS2 are somewhat diminished as a result.

I'd consider this price on the Xbox version, but I might just play the waiting game and wait for a $15 price point as well. This isn't exactly a bestseller, after all.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']The original Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance became a PS2 Greatest Hits release, so I'm hoping that Bard's Tale will do the same. Unfortunately, BGDA came out late for Xbox, so it probably lost a lot of fans in the process.

Since Bard's Tale hasn't been a popular series for a number of years now, I'm going to guess that it didn't sell as well as the publisher had hoped, and our chances of a value release for Xbox and PS2 are somewhat diminished as a result.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can't imagine this'll be a GH or PH. I got this for $30 with a $20 gift voucher a while back and haven't opened it yet.....surpise suprise.....:D

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']
Since Bard's Tale hasn't been a popular series for a number of years now, I'm going to guess that it didn't sell as well as the publisher had hoped, and our chances of a value release for Xbox and PS2 are somewhat diminished as a result.[/QUOTE]

If anything, that makes it more suspectible to becoming value priced, since stores are going to want to get it the hell out since it's just clogging up shelf space.

[quote name='Roufuss']If anything, that makes it more suspectible to becoming value priced, since stores are going to want to get it the hell out since it's just clogging up shelf space.[/QUOTE]

Poor sales may make Bard's Tale more likely to receive a price drop, but it also makes it less likely to receive a re-release as a Greatest or Platinum Hits value title, meaning it will be more difficult and expensive overall to find a copy with fewer of them in circulation.

I'm going to wait for the Xbox version, but I'm really happy to see Bard's Tale finally coming down. I've been wanting this one for a long time now.

[quote name='dpatel']I won't buy too many games unless they are less than $15, even if its a pretty good game. I've got such a huge backlog of games I can afford to wait.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Exactly.

The only time "waiting" doesn't work, is for the rare games like Disgaea or Suikoden 3. Then you end up spending ~$70, used, when you could have had it for ~$40 new.

troy

[quote name='electrictroy']Yeah. Exactly.

The only time "waiting" doesn't work, is for the rare games like Disgaea or Suikoden 3. Then you end up spending ~$70, used, when you could have had it for ~$40 new.

troy[/QUOTE]

I hate to burst your bubble, but Suikoden III is in no way rare. It's farely common. The first one is slightly rare and the second, well I think the majority of us know the price of what it tends to go for on Ebay.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I hate to burst your bubble, but Suikoden III is in no way rare. It's farely common. The first one is slightly rare and the second, well I think the majority of us know the price of what it tends to go for on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call Suikoden III common. Its rarity seems to fluctuate, but it isn't incredibly easy to track down a cheap used copy. Late last year it took me almost two weeks to find one for a friend.

So this is a action RPG type game like Gauntlet? How does it compare to X-Men: Legends (I'm playing this right now and loving it)? I know it's only single player but how does the rest of the game stack up?

I'm thinking of getting this but I've heard almost nothing about it. If it is a average game then I'll wait for another price drop.

[quote name='defiance_17']I wouldn't call Suikoden III common. Its rarity seems to fluctuate, but it isn't incredibly easy to track down a cheap used copy. Late last year it took me almost two weeks to find one for a friend.[/QUOTE]

Well in my area, there are tons of them at nearly every EB I go to. At least 1 to two of them with some stores having 3. My Fry's still had them new up till last summer, so I wouldn't really call them rare or too difficult to find.

[quote name='oremites']Bard's Tale (PS2) is $19.99 at Best Buy now, as well. I don't know about the Xbox version.[/QUOTE]

Woo! Finally. GGC time this weekend.

Against my better judgement I picked this one up when it dropped to $20. Congrats to all those who had the patience to hold off until now!

Is this B&M as well?

EDIT: Hopefully they drop the used price: all the local stores have it used, but only a few stores way far away have it new.

bread's done
Back