Barnes and Noble: PS3 320GB Uncharted 3 Bundle $209.99 + Shipping + Tax

Looks like it's either sold out from BN.com or they corrected the error by taking that item offline. Either way, it looks like it's dead. Good luck to those that ordered!

Damn, I barely missed this. Between this and the Wal-Mart thing that makes twice I've missed an early opportunity to lock in a cheap PS3.

That's odd, I thought it was supposed to be free shipping.
My checkout total: 225.62 (209.99+ 6.49 shipping + 9.14 tax)

If this turns out like the Touchpad fiasco where they had limited to no stock at all then don't expect orders to get fulfilled B&N blows!

[quote name='cagfansub']That's odd, I thought it was supposed to be free shipping.
My checkout total: 225.62 (209.99+ 6.49 shipping + 9.14 tax)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but for $90 off, I'm not going to complain.;)

[quote name='chunlirocks']I just got an email that says "order scheduled to ship"

I'll cross my fingers now

:beer:[/QUOTE]
What time did you order and what's the estimated ship date?

edit: SD is reporting cancellations.

[quote name='dohdough']What time did you order and what's the estimated ship date?

edit: SD is reporting cancellations.[/QUOTE]

12:03 pm est.
11/25 is ship date

I know it is a long shot but you never know

:beer:

Lol .. some dude just posted on SD that he called in twice, spoke to 2 supervisors and was told that the coupon codes never apply to electronics and all PS3 orders are being cancelled.

So yeah .. it's definitely dead ... was hoping a few orders (like my own) would sneak through ... but no ... not with these geniuses practically driving over to corporate and letting them know there was a glitch ;)

[quote name='etcrane']Lol .. some dude just posted on SD that he called in twice, spoke to 2 supervisors and was told that the coupon codes never apply to electronics and all PS3 orders are being cancelled.

So yeah .. it's definitely dead ... was hoping a few orders (like my own) would sneak through ... but no ... not with these geniuses practically driving over to corporate and letting them know there was a glitch ;)[/QUOTE]
That's SD for you. The first rule is to not call CS if your deal doesn't go through because it'll ruin it for others. Oh well. They're a bunch of nuts on that site anyways.

I'm guessing that a lot of them called up to bitch about shipping. Saving $80 on a $300+ item wasn't a slick enough deal.:roll:

ordered mine at 11:02am, and just got an email

We shipped your package by UPS.

Product Description Quantity Ship Date Price
PlayStation 3 Slim 320GB Uncharted 3 Bundle 1 11-23-2011 $209.99
Sub Total: $209.99
Shipping & Processing: $7.49
Tax: $19.03
Total Shipment Price: $236.51

[quote name='etcrane']Hmm, the cancellation email is taking long enough for me ...

Speak of the devil ... I just got a shipping notice :whistle2:o[/QUOTE]
Haha...I'm still waiting. I ordered at 1:19pm EST.:cry:

[quote name='dohdough']Haha...I'm still waiting. I ordered at 1:19pm EST.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Im waiting too. I hope it goes through

Hmm, mine could still be cancelled too ... it's a shipping notice but it hasn't actually shipped. Well, I'm sort of indifferent ... if it ships, awesome, if not I'm just trying to replace my 60 gig launch model since I'm afraid it might YLOD if I don't replace it soon.

[quote name='etcrane']Hmm, mine could still be cancelled too ... it's a shipping notice but it hasn't actually shipped. Well, I'm sort of indifferent ... if it ships, awesome, if not I'm just trying to replace my 60 gig launch model since I'm afraid it might YLOD if I don't replace it soon.[/QUOTE]
I hear ya. I'm on my 3rd 60gb fatty and it YLOD'd a couple days ago, so I'm hoping this deal will keep me out of the stores on Friday.

PSA for those that missed out on this: Best Buy PS3 bundle goes live in less than 2.5 hours.

1:01am EST
12:01am CST
10:01pm PST

ShopDiscover offers 10% cashback.

[quote name='dohdough']PSA for those that missed out on this: Best Buy PS3 bundle goes live in less than 2.5 hours.

ShopDiscover offers 10% cashback.[/QUOTE]

Their BF bundle is going live?

[quote name='dohdough']PSA for those that missed out on this: Best Buy PS3 bundle goes live in less than 2.5 hours.

ShopDiscover offers 10% cashback.[/QUOTE]

You mean the 160GB Holiday Bundle? I thought it was Friday at midnight?

[quote name='sneezebu']Their BF bundle is going live?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kendro']You mean the 160GB Holiday Bundle? I thought it was Friday at midnight?[/QUOTE]
You read my post right, homies.

Select Best Buy BF deals are going live in about 2 hours. The PS3 bundle is one of those select items. Do not be surprised if their site goes down. It's all over SD and the BF thread is mentioning it.

I'm going to try and get through just in case the BN order gets cancelled.

edit: apparently there's some debate about the accuracy of the time, so I don't know wtf.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I called CS and they said that my package has already been packaged and waiting to be shipped, so my order isn't cancelled.

edit: I looked in the SD thread and it looks like BN is intercepting the packages! HAHAHAHA

So I got one of these shipping notices back on the 23rd.. nothing ever arrived. As far as I can tell, they created a shipping label, charged my card and didn't bother to box up or send a PS3. Waiting on a response from customer service. I can understand why they might cancel orders, but to actually charge me and then renege (without issuing a refund on their own initiative, BTW)enters into the ridiculous.

I figure the rest of you who got tracking numbers are either happily gaming or quietly waiting. Anyone else want to update?

This is one reason I don't shop with B&N. Last Christmas I purchased a few Blurays that at the time were in-stock. They charged my card and "created" a shipping label. Only to email me days later to inform me that items were backordered and that I shouldn't expect them anytime before Christmas.

I got a scheduled to ship notice, but no tracking number. The funny thing is that I don't even have a hold on my card. I called to cancel on the 25th, but they said it was too late. I'm assuming this is going to get cancelled, but a couple people on SD actually got a PS3.

Now that I got one from Amazon, I'm hooping for a cancellation notice.

funny story similar to others, got the order in and email saying it was shipped and i got the tracking number....
nothing for the last few days, called in and was told it was in a 3rd party warehouse and hasnt shipped yet, first was told there was a chance it may not ship, i complained to them on how shipped became hasnt shipped and may not even ship anymore then they told me oh just checked quantity and it looks like it will ship within 48 hrs......looks like I am about to write an article about bad sales tactics at BN since they took my money and taking more than a week to cancel or ship something already "shipped"

[quote name='RockmanPET']funny story similar to others, got the order in and email saying it was shipped and i got the tracking number....
nothing for the last few days, called in and was told it was in a 3rd party warehouse and hasnt shipped yet, first was told there was a chance it may not ship, i complained to them on how shipped became hasnt shipped and may not even ship anymore then they told me oh just checked quantity and it looks like it will ship within 48 hrs......looks like I am about to write an article about bad sales tactics at BN since they took my money and taking more than a week to cancel or ship something already "shipped"[/QUOTE]

This same thing is happening to me i called after it did not ship on the 25th. and they said the thing about cancellations then looked at the stock and guaranteed me it would ship on the 29th i called yesterday talked to a manager and she said they are no longer available and that they had to call the warehouse and get it canceled. the manger was like ill make it a priority and then today still not cancled and called again and got the the same line of bs and still have not got a cancellation email or my money back. just got emails asking me to do a survey on my experience with the B&N "management team"

Well, I certainly hope I get to do a survey on the B&N management team. After being issued a (fake) UPS tracking number, I was then told the item had shipped via USPS. Predictably, nothing has shown up. I'm sure I'm in line for a cancellation as well - they just haven't bothered to tell me yet.

As I told their service people: would have been fine if they had cancelled the order in the very beginning, but this whole pretending to ship my item thing...? Completely unacceptable.

so looks like they did the same thing to all of us, I called and talked to multiple ppl and today I got this

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Barnes & Noble regarding your order #0000000000

After reviewing the status of your order, we have confirmed it was
shipped from our warehouse on 11/23/2011 via Express delivery and we
consider this delay in delivery unacceptable. Please accept our
apology.

We offer the following options:

1) If you would like a replacement, we are happy to do this for you.
Simply respond to this email with your confirmation to send a
replacement based on current availability.

2) If you no longer want this order, we will process an immediate credit
to you for the cost of the item(s) and the associated shipping charges.
Credit will be posted to the payment method that you used to place the
order. If you paid for your order with a credit card, expect to see
this credit in your next 1-2 billing statements. If a gift card was
used, the balance will be returned within 1-2 business days.

Please reply to advise us of your preference.

We look forward to your next visit.

Sincerely,

Helen
Customer Service Representative
Barnes & Noble
http://www.bn.com/

told em thanks to them I missed out on black friday deals since it said it was shipped, and I am still expecting this since it a X-mas gift. Haven't heard a thing yet

While everyone's telling their stories, let me explain mine. I ordered with the coupon code, and everything went through well. Got a shipping confirmation later in the day that I ordered it with a UPS tracking number. Everything was going fine until I noticed that before the product had been even delivered to my home, the sender requested the package be returned to them.

Yes, you read that right. To make matters worse, they never even contacted me to say they were doing such. I called customer service last night, and I asked what was going on. Not only did the woman talking to me seem more confused than I was, she would not confirm to me I would receive a refund for the product.

This is by far the worst experience I've ever had with customer service, and that includes some true nightmares with places like Best Buy, DeepDiscount.com and Wal-Mart. I'll never order anything from this company again.

This was 1 of the companies overselling HP Touchpads!!! ...They had my money on 'bank hold'. I don't play that sh*t! Got my money off 'hold' INSTANTLY!!!:hot:

i finally received a cancellation email. they gave me a 30% off coupon.......do they really think that is gona keep me as a customer of thiers. and yet still no money back in my paypal.

I just got the cancellation email with the 30% coupon too. I'm kinda relieved that I won't have 3 PS3's lying around...lolz.

But about the paypal problem: this is why I always use a credit card.

[quote name='IRHari']So that's why there's a shitload of neg reviews on that product page? Everyone's orders are being cancelled?[/QUOTE]
LOLZ...probably. Those SDers can be rough!:lol:

[quote name='IRHari']So that's why there's a shitload of neg reviews on that product page? Everyone's orders are being cancelled?[/QUOTE]

well luckily for me I work for a entertainment website which will make sure an article will be written based on lies, and terrible service

Mine was shipped and intercepted not once, but twice. It showed a delivery intercept on the 25th and then was still sent out for delivery today, only to be intercepted again.

So close, yet so far away...

Here's one for the WTF category...

If you look up two posts you will see my story. Today, out of the blue I receive a package from B&N with a 320G PS3 and a separate copy of UC3. No packing slip. No email notice.

Well, glad they pieced one together for you! I finally just got a refund... like ten days after they took my money, and I had to badger their damn CS for it.

bread's done
Back