Bastion XBLA half off TODAY ONLY (Dead)

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Demo was terrible.

Pass.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you're kidding or not...

best XBLA game I've played this year, highly recommended at $15...

for $7.50? You should grab this in a heartbeat

Games on sale right now, will probably go through sometime tomorrow evening:

PvZ
Peggle
Renegade Ops
BloodRayne: Betrayal
Bastion
ITSP
LA Noire DLC
Portal Still Alive
After Burner Climax

I doubt this will go much lower in the foreseeable future. If your on the fence about it check out this review by a fellow CAG (letsgetacid).

I have so many Arcade games in my backlog now thanks to all these sales. I now have a surplus of both retail and digital games in my backlog. This is getting unhealthy.

[quote name='NJMane']I doubt this will go much lower in the foreseeable future.[/QUOTE]
Not on Xbox Live, but perhaps on Steam. It has been a daily deal in the past at $5. If you have a wired Xbox 360 controller or a wireless dongle, the experience is practically identical.

That's what I'm going to wait for since I am a betting man. But failing that, everybody would do well to go for this sale.

Bought the game + DLC, thanks OP. I've been burned too many times in the past (Shadow Complex, Torchlight) to know not to ever pay full price for XBLA games. I was waiting for this to go on sale and half off is great.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']of course I am only 100 ms points off. is there any way to get a 100 ms points? Otherwise I'll Pass[/QUOTE]

Bing rewards? I was short also and Redeemed 100 points through Bing rewards. I don't remember how much trouble you'd have to go through though. I've been sitting on those Bing points for a really long time.

[quote name='Phame']Bing rewards? I was short also and Redeemed 100 points through Bing rewards. I don't remember how much trouble you'd have to go through though. I've been sitting on those Bing points for a really long time.[/QUOTE]

I've been sitting on 1000 msp from bing rewards. All you have to do is sign up and it automatically gives you 250 points, which should get you 200 msp. if you redeem for the 200 msp you should get a email with the code in 5-10 minutes

[quote name='Spokker']Not on Xbox Live, but perhaps on Steam. It has been a daily deal in the past at $5. If you have a wired Xbox 360 controller or a wireless dongle, the experience is practically identical.

That's what I'm going to wait for since I am a betting man. But failing that, everybody would do well to go for this sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, although this tempted me I'm betting that it'll drop to $7.50 as one of the Steam holiday sale's daily deals, and possibly $5 again (which I didn't hear of until minutes after it ended). Plus, the DLC on Steam is free whereas it's $0.99 on 360.

[quote name='confoosious']i'm such a sucker for deals. what would some of you compare this game to?[/QUOTE]
Secret of Mana maybe, only with milder RPG elements and a strong emphasis on storytelling. It's an awesome game, well worth the full 1200 points so I wouldn't hesitate at 600.

[quote name='Tengaport']Purchased! Been wanting to pick this up. Grabbed Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet for 600 points as well. Now just need to find time to play these games.[/QUOTE]

And if it wasn't for this thread and your post I probably would have missed ITSPs sale. Thanks!

[quote name='Ray5555']I've been sitting on 1000 msp from bing rewards. All you have to do is sign up and it automatically gives you 250 points, which should get you 200 msp. if you redeem for the 200 msp you should get a email with the code in 5-10 minutes[/QUOTE]

those days ended long ago. You only get 20 points for signing up now. He'd still be 80 points short of the 100 and it would take a few days to get those 80 points, long after the Bastion deal dies. Don't know where you get the "5-10 minutes" time frame either. I've never seen it work THAT fast. Maybe a few hours but not minutes to get your MS points in your email.

[quote name='hollowfreak']And if it wasn't for this thread and your post I probably would have missed ITSPs sale. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yup, I grabbed both. Was already grabbing Bastion, then was like, wait, ITSP too?! Checked, 600 pts. Grabbed both! Thanks!

Simply could not get into the Trial. Not crazy about the gameplay. The Narrator is interesting, but not 600 points worth.

Can someone convince me to give this another chance? Otherwise I'll just watch a playthrough on Youtube.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Simply could not get into the Trial. Not crazy about the gameplay. The Narrator is interesting, but not 600 points worth.

Can someone convince me to give this another chance? Otherwise I'll just watch a playthrough on Youtube.[/QUOTE]

Going through it now on PC, I loved it from the demo though. Maybe it's not for everyone.

But

This is easily one of my most favorite games of all time. The combination of style and music are great, and the gameplay is both innovative and engrossing. I particularly love the option of adding challenges (idols) to gain more money/XP. I'm not one who's usually into video game music, but I got the OST for this game.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Simply could not get into the Trial. Not crazy about the gameplay. The Narrator is interesting, but not 600 points worth.

Can someone convince me to give this another chance? Otherwise I'll just watch a playthrough on Youtube.[/QUOTE]

If you're not into that type of gameplay, you probably won't like it. But it didn't win a ton of awards for nothing.

Yeah playing the Trial wasn't a lot of fun to me. I might enjoy watching the rest of it though. I'll save the points for another day of the sale. *Hopes for Half-Minute Hero"

Damn, just as I feared, games I wanted are going on sale while my account is suspended thanks to it being hacked (MS has to investigate, could take another couple weeks).

Can anyone give me a definitive answer as to whether I can set up a secondary silver account on my 360, download the games I want, and then access them in full with my primary account once it is unlocked by MS?

Same 360, same hard drive, it makes sense in theory. I am getting conflicting info on this about whether the games are locked to my console or locked to both the gamertag and the console.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Games on sale right now, will probably go through sometime tomorrow evening:

PvZ
Peggle
Renegade Ops
BloodRayne: Betrayal
Bastion
ITSP
LA Noire DLC
Portal Still Alive
After Burner Climax[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude! I bought Renegade Ops right along with Bastion and the DLC. If you hadn't posted this I wouldn't had known about Renegade Ops. that other thread, like you said, does not always have the OP updated and I usually don't check farther into the thread than that.

Kudos +1

[quote name='Daemonocracy']Damn, just as I feared, games I wanted are going on sale while my account is suspended thanks to it being hacked (MS has to investigate, could take another couple weeks).

Can anyone give me a definitive answer as to whether I can set up a secondary silver account on my 360, download the games I want, and then access them in full with my primary account once it is unlocked by MS?

Same 360, same hard drive, it makes sense in theory. I am getting conflicting info on this about whether the games are locked to my console or locked to both the gamertag and the console.[/QUOTE]
If you doenload the game in the same console with other gamertag you can use it with you prmary account, the DLC it's attached to the console where you download it :) I do that because I'm Mexican so there are things in the US marketplace that we don't get so I download them with my US account but pay it with the mexican one :)

[quote name='Raziel-Freya']If you doenload the game in the same console with other gamertag you can use it with you prmary account, the DLC it's attached to the console where you download it :) I do that because I'm Mexican so there are things in the US marketplace that we don't get so I download them with my US account but pay it with the mexican one :)[/QUOTE]

Ok it should work then. The MS rep I asked was of no help, so thanks a lot. and Feliz Navidad to you in Mexico. :)

[quote name='Raziel-Freya']If you doenload the game in the same console with other gamertag you can use it with you prmary account, the DLC it's attached to the console where you download it :) I do that because I'm Mexican so there are things in the US marketplace that we don't get so I download them with my US account but pay it with the mexican one :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah but that sucks because if you ever move consoles you have to have both accounts to redownload your content. it's a pain not having it all under your one main account.

[quote name='Glasscocked']Yeah but that sucks because if you ever move consoles you have to have both accounts to redownload your content. it's a pain not having it all under your one main account.[/QUOTE]

yeah that's true, but what's one more account in the end anyway? A slight pain in the ass were I to switch consoles, but nothing too major.

I had 580 in my account so I Bing'd 100pts which I got an email code for in under 10 minutes.

Curiously, Bastion has paid DLC but there are no achievements tied to it. Description makes it sound like it's more challenge maps. More Bastion sounds good for 80pts achievements or not, but I wish they would have some sorta standard. Thought it was free = no cheevos, no awards. Paid = cheevos +extras depending on dev case by case?

Anyone have the DLC? Does it add anything significant story wise?

dumb question but is 600 pts the sale price? or is it not on sale yet. and is the dlc always 80 or is that on sale too?

Bought it. Thought the Demo was pretty cool and I loved the Narrator (although he could get annoying after a couple of hours). But you can't beat at 600 points!

Thanks OP!

bread's done
Back