Baten Kaitos-$33.99 at Target

Is that a good enough price to warrant a purchase? I haven't played the game, but I heard it was card-based....and that just turns me off. Anyone who has played it have any input?

[quote name='bapti2529']Is that a good enough price to warrant a purchase? I haven't played the game, but I heard it was card-based....and that just turns me off. Anyone who has played it have any input?[/quote]

I hate card-based games, and I enjoyed this. Beautiful graphics, and a unique game battling system. Again, I really hate card-based games....this is no Pokemon or Phantasy Star Ep.III.

[quote name='lurknomore']
I hate card-based games, and I enjoyed this. Beautiful graphics, and a unique game battling system. Again, I really hate card-based games....this is no Pokemon or Phantasy Star Ep.III.[/quote]

I agree with this. It really doesn't feel like you're battling with cards. There's a bit of luck to the draw, but other than that there is enough strategy going into each selection that it feels pretty natural after the initial learning curve.

[quote name='AtlusParker']At the Rochester, MN Baten Kaitos is pricedropped to this price and the sign says it lasts until 4/11.[/quote]

I doubt I would want to go out there just for BK =T. I'll see if this is at any other Target around the Metro area. If MP2 previously went on a temp price cut I'm sure BK would too (hopefully).

edit: changed some wording

I bought it last night, so there's confirmation, but the other thread that has the Kmart deals for 50% off says they have it for $25, so you may want to check there for it first.

Picked this up today at K-Mart for $25.

If you want it, look for it today as the K-Mart deal ends tonight.

quickie bump because its a great game/deal. found it at my local target in Brooklyn NYC (alantic center).

i'm pretty sure that the sale is still there for another week (seeing how i just got it last friday).

i pretty much agree with the review link posted up there but i really like the battle system a lot. at least its a refreshing compared to the typical rpgs that basically have you tapping one button for 99% of the battles :p

the voices are really craptistic, for some reason all the people's voices have this metallic/roboty touch added to it.

bread's done
Back