Batman: AA - $29.99 @ Gamefly.com (used) PS3 & 360

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I don't mean to rain on your parade OP, but I've seen much better deals for this new- Sam's Club being the best, at $10.[/QUOTE]

While that may be true, that Sam's Club pricing is ymmv and you need a membership to take advantage of it.

[quote name='Brownjohn']While that may be true, that Sam's Club pricing is ymmv and you need a membership to take advantage of it.[/QUOTE]

Which instantly makes it more than this $29.99.

Heads up to anyone who might be tempted, they're going to release a GOTY edition later this year. I would just wait for that. Especially if you'd get it for the 360; the 360 version got fucked over with barely any extra content.

That said, this was easily the most overrated game of the year. It's about 8 hours long. Absolutely no replay value. Half of the challenge maps are recycled but with different objectives. I hated the combat challenges (which were half of them) since it's just stringing together combos. It also had the worst final boss in a game I've ever played.

[quote name='icedrake523']Heads up to anyone who might be tempted, they're going to release a GOTY edition later this year. I would just wait for that. Especially if you'd get it for the 360; the 360 version got fucked over with barely any extra content.

That said, this was easily the most overrated game of the year. It's about 8 hours long. Absolutely no replay value. Half of the challenge maps are recycled but with different objectives. I hated the combat challenges (which were half of them) since it's just stringing together combos. It also had the worst final boss in a game I've ever played.[/QUOTE]

REALLY??? I was going to pick this up. I have heard some good things about it. I am almost done with a game and was gonna pick this up.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I don't mean to rain on your parade OP, but I've seen much better deals for this new- Sam's Club being the best, at $10.[/QUOTE]

Only for the 360 and it wasn't available at all stores.

[quote name='Jgel']REALLY??? I was going to pick this up. I have heard some good things about it. I am almost done with a game and was gonna pick this up.[/QUOTE]
Rent this if first if you can. It's good, but nothing I'd spend more than $25 on.

[quote name='icedrake523']That said, this was easily the most overrated game of the year.[/QUOTE]

Anything with "Call of Duty" in the title says hello.

Whoa, Whoa, overrated? This is THE best comic book game EVER. I finally got to play it last November and ran through it in about 14 hours. That's not including finding all the riddles and extra bits. Sure, you can rush through in maybe 8 but you're going to want to take in the sights of the game. The atmosphere is really hard to top.

Modern Warfare 2 can be rushed through even quicker and that campaign is nowhere near the excitement of Batman.

Until this game, it had been a LONG time since I sat on my ass 8 hours straight to play a game...ESPECIALLY a single player game.

Just got this recently from goozex. i really enjoyed the game. yes theres not much replayability to it but i never really play a game more than once anyway. i woulda paid 30 for it easy.

Played this on PS3, great game and lot's of free extras can be downloaded on PSN.
I would buy if it was new for $30 thought

[quote name='Gumbeaux Jr']How is the quality from GameFly. I'm a little OCD and want a "like new" game.[/QUOTE]

I've only purchased PS3 games from them, but the case and manual are always in perfect condition, because they never leave a warehouse once they're opened. The games may have some small notches around the outside of the disc, due to the disc loading mechanism they use for shipping out games, but I haven't received anything unplayable.

[quote name='Gumbeaux Jr']How is the quality from GameFly. I'm a little OCD and want a "like new" game.[/QUOTE]

I've bought like 4 games and all have been in great condition. Case/manual are mint. I have also heard people saying that some games look like they have been chewed up, so its luck of the draw.

I've received mostly well used CDs from them. They play fine, but I never have gotten a "BRAND NEW" condition disk as others have. One disc was so bad though it would make the ol' x-box shake, but they did refund promptly.

That said, I am not a member - if I sign up for the trial do I get free shipping on all the games I buy during the trial?

[quote name='Donnums']Whoa, Whoa, overrated? This is THE best comic book game EVER. I finally got to play it last November and ran through it in about 14 hours. That's not including finding all the riddles and extra bits. Sure, you can rush through in maybe 8 but you're going to want to take in the sights of the game. The atmosphere is really hard to top.[/quote]
I enjoyed X-Men Legends 2 more (MUA wasn't as good. Haven't played MUA2). Other than that, what's the competition? Hulk Ultimate Destruction and Spider-Man 2. A lot of comic book games suck so saying it's the best isn't saying anything really significant.

Almost any survival horror game has a better atmosphere.

I beat everything in 8 hours. The Riddler trophies took me about 1-2 hours at most.

Modern Warfare 2 can be rushed through even quicker and that campaign is nowhere near the excitement of Batman.

[quote name='Survivalism']Anything with "Call of Duty" in the title says hello.[/QUOTE]

The campaign in MW2 is awful. It's a 6 hour tutorial with a horrible story. It at least has replay value thanks to MP and Spec Ops. B:AA doesn't really have anything to do other than the campaign.

bread's done
Back