Batman: AA for PC - $20

[quote name='mogamer']Ya, this game sure took a quick dump in price. The mediocre reviews must be true.[/QUOTE]

They killed some of the best aspects for multiplayer and provided static maps with no map editor, options or pretty much anything to change it up. It released with a fair amount of bugs too.

bumping this because batman is at a solid price

I've used gamersgate a number of times. I'd put them in the direct2drive, impulse level of just below steam.
They had a bit of a fiasco a while back selling civ 4 complete, with confusion over it including colonization. But customer service was responsive and my order was refunded.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm.... been looking for Batman AA cheap on 360 so I can score some gamerpoints... seeing as this is a GFW title... the same could be done here. Has anyone ever used gamersgate before?

Please add PC to the title. Even though the PC logo is used, when displayed on the front page under recent activity it does not display the logo.

Thanks!

game plays great on PC. i had concerns that this would be one of the rare ones i would want a gamepad for, but it really played great with mouse and kb

[quote name='TheOtherBarber']but which version is it (PAL, NTSC) because it has both the ESRB and PEGI ratings below the game.[/QUOTE]

does that even matter for pc games?

I just posted this in another GamersGate thread:

I just bought Batman AA on GamersGate (on sale for $20) and the download speeds are pretty disappointing. Seems to be bouncing between 300k and 700k, which sucks for a game that big.

Eh whatever, not a big deal. Really looking forward to playing the game. I tried the demo and it recognizes an XBOX controller so it plays exactly the same, and you get the achievements through GFWL. Add the higher res, nicer graphics, and PhysX if you got the right setup and I think it just makes sense to play it this way.

[quote name='TheOtherBarber']maybe? if i bought it i'd just want to be sure it would work[/QUOTE]

i don't think it matters since pc monitors are not tied to a specific refresh rate like a tv is

Damn guys... you are really selling me on getting it for the PC... I'm worried my 24" iMac wont handle it. Tho it handles borderlands and other UT engine games ok. I have the ATi 4850 version so maybe I'll bite. I do hate cheating on Steam tho. Come on Steam!

[quote name='guyver2077']Pc version is easily the supreior version. The Physx stuff is pretty nice. (cloth,steam, etc)[/QUOTE]

unfortunately the physx stuff slowed my framerates to the point where it was noticable and annoying. it looked good when it was in use, but it was such small touches throughout the game, that disabling it for the framerate boost was more of a benefit to me.

for someone with a SLI setup, though.. knock yourself out! :)

another cool thing about this is you can play the 360 version on your live account also and confuse people by having double entries for the game listed

[quote name='TheOtherBarber']maybe? if i bought it i'd just want to be sure it would work[/QUOTE]

PC games shouldn't have this restriction. PAL and NTSC refers to the resolution output. PC displays are not bound by these standards.

Most games you can set your own resolution.

I have purchased from Gamersgate before and they have always been good. However their copy does have "DRM: SecuROM" on it. Steam's does too but, Steam's (who I purchased it from) include's a DRM remover tool in their tools section just for this game. I am sure you can find the same item for it, you just have to do it on your own.

Be cautious about this, especially if you have a realtak soundcard, I bought it and it crashes, I can play WOW and COD MW2 at 1080p but batman crashes even after disabling Physics... Googleing and youtube apparently this is wide spread and possible fixes"work arounds" were, Don't log into windows, disable physics, windowed mode and cut off sound, also their were fixes for crashes with ATI cards as well so it isn't a Nvidia related issue necessarily

my pc is
BFG 9800GT
8gig ddr 2
Windows 7 64bit
Asus M3a78-PRO
Corsair Tx650w

I used HWmonitor to verify my Voltages and Heat so that isn't the problem and COD MW2 at 1080P should push the card within in possible fault limits(if it were a card or wattage issue)

Picked it up from Games for Windows Live for cheap - great deal and I like GFW Live - the fact that it's tied to my Gamertag is a huge plus to me. I played Fallout 3 on my PC.

bread's done
Back