Batman Anthology Blu-Ray Pre-Order @ Amazon UK-$41 Shipped-YMMV

digitalbabe

CAGiversary!
Hi All,

Note: Pre-Order-sorry forgot to add it in title.

The UK Anthology is released in the UK 6/15 (region B), but like 2/3 of all BD's, are region free. If you're not familiar, BD's are marked with a certain region, but are actually "unlocked". This is a great deal, if you want the whole set. They also sell the separate films, if you don't.

The site below is a great resource if you purchase a lot of hi-def, and would like to import (I am a dual format-HD DVD & BD owner, with 600+ films, and have never had an issue buying BD's from other areas, using the site).

See http://www.blurayregioncodes.com/index.php?region=b to verify that the Batman UK films are region-free.

Prices fluctuate at their site, as they do for all retailers, hence, the YMMV. For me, based on my zip, it would have been approximately $41 shipped.

Here is the direct product link:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Pict...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1244142240&sr=1-1

Use xe.com to translate the approximate cost in US dollars, at the time you place your order. You will likely also be charged a foreign conversion charge, which most if not all credit cards charge, but it is small, and your price will still be significantly less than the US price for the same set.

Enjoy!

Digital Babe

I placed an order and the total shipped to the US was £24.80 or $40.15 according to xe.

EDIT:

Don't know what you're talking about digitalbabe...

:whistle2:\"

Jack, from what I've seen in the threads discussing this for the last few months, yes they are the same. I've not compared all of the extras, etc etc,but I am sure you could find it at one of the many BD forums. Enjoy!

4 discs compared to the US release's 5 discs.. looks like it may be bare bones releases.. I'm okay with that. If I hadn't bought True Blood S1 tonight, I'd bite.. if it stays this price through the end of the month, I will bite.

[quote name='Scorch']4 discs compared to the US release's 5 discs.. looks like it may be bare bones releases.. I'm okay with that. If I hadn't bought True Blood S1 tonight, I'd bite.. if it stays this price through the end of the month, I will bite.[/QUOTE]

This set is IDENTICAL to the U.S. set, the only difference is that the 1st movie in the U.S. has an extra disc, it's a digital copy disc. The U.K. version won't.

well i bit on this one 24.80 pounds after all was said and done. Puts the set right at 39 dollars shipped, that's $10 a movie...right at the perfect price for me.

thanks op, makes this less than half off the domestic rate on this set.

[quote name='ServerKing']digitalbabe this is the 2nd good deal I have bought from your recommendation. Thanks! Go Jersey![/QUOTE]

Hey Server-hehe-thanks for the Jersey shout out!

Everyone-glad this helped you. There are great deals to be had at Amazon UK-check out their B2G1 free BD sale-going on for months-but titles rotate.

Have a great weekend,everyone!
Digital Babe

I just hope the £-$ exchange rate doesn't take a dump on itself in the next 10 days

scared0016.gif

[quote name='manthing']I just hope the £-$ exchange rate doesn't take a dump on itself in the next 10 days

scared0016.gif

[/QUOTE]

yeah me 2. it's been slowly creeping back up. right now it's 1.62 lb's for every $1. 2-3 weeks ago it was 1.43 lb's to every $1. Not very much but enough to make you worry.

I'm in! Thanks for the deal OP!!!

Still wanna get a copy of Star Trek 6 to go with my 2-4 copies on Blu... but more than $20 for the single disc has me waiting, with no single movies available on blu in the U.S. :(

EDIT - So I broke down and ordered 6. Didn't want 1 or 5, and if it is region-free as the site above mentions, it will be totally worth a few extra bucks. Thanks again OP! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:

Saw a $40.83 charge from Amazon UK this morning.

It ended up being $0.70 cents more expensive then when I ordered it.

Mine ended being 40.62 on my card this morning I cant wait to get these and getting the 6 trek movies for 65.00 today at best buy going to be a full week lol

Mine came today, came to $42.21 on my Amex Blue which pisses me off a little since everyone else seems to be about a buck or more less. The outer box is a little ghetto, meant to look like the DVD outer box but it's flimsy. The Blu cases are thick like other European Blu cases and PS3 cases. Haven't opened it or watched them yet.

[quote name='OrngRubberDucky']39.6175 according to xe for me in the northwest.[/QUOTE]

How are you guys still getting it under $40? I checked this about a week ago, and the price was £28.28 shipped to the US (and it still is). That comes out to $46.4212.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']How are you guys still getting it under $40? I checked this about a week ago, and the price was £28.28 shipped to the US (and it still is). That comes out to $46.4212.[/QUOTE]

they had a price drop to 24.80 pounds shipped a few weeks ago.

mine shipped for $41.71 yesterday.

[quote name='cleaver']Mine came today, came to $42.21 on my Amex Blue which pisses me off a little since everyone else seems to be about a buck or more less. The outer box is a little ghetto, meant to look like the DVD outer box but it's flimsy. The Blu cases are thick like other European Blu cases and PS3 cases. Haven't opened it or watched them yet.[/QUOTE]

Same here, $42.21 on Amex.

[quote name='wormraper']they had a price drop to 24.80 pounds shipped a few weeks ago.

mine shipped for $41.71 yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I figured. But OrngRubberDucky made it sound like he just placed his order on 6/14. It made me question whether people were confusing pounds with euros.

[quote name='wormraper']they had a price drop to 24.80 pounds shipped a few weeks ago.

mine shipped for $41.71 yesterday.[/QUOTE]
Which credit card if you don't mind sharing?

Credit cards sometimes charge different fees for foreign currency conversion, but keep in mind that the exchange rates fluctuate every day(just the way it is), as does Amazon pricing. But at least it's a savings over the US set price:)

[quote name='OrngRubberDucky']dang ex.com was a bit off.... just check my Amex and got charged $48.13.[/QUOTE]

#-o

Do you know the difference between a euro and a pound? xe.com is right. Your comprehension is what's off.

I got the completed transaction from Amazon UK posted on my card for $40.50.

But there is also a pending $0.81 charge that showed up today. I assume it's just the VISA £-$ exchange charge.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']#-o

Do you know the difference between a euro and a pound? xe.com is right. Your comprehension is what's off.[/QUOTE]

Yes, maybe I selected the wrong currency to convert. Its alright, still pretty cheap blu's.

bread's done
Back