Batman: Arkham Asylum $14.99 - Amazon DotD

also the xbox version is included in the buy 1 get 1 50% promotion. If you want this, I suggest picking it up quickly, as I wouldn't be surprised if amazon removed it shortly.

[quote name='jdb230']also the xbox version is included in the buy 1 get 1 50% promotion. If you want this, I suggest picking it up quickly, as I wouldn't be surprised if amazon removed it shortly.[/QUOTE]

Nice! Now I need to find something to buy along with this....

The BOGO 50% off promo is gone from the Xbox 360 page now, but when I went to check out, it still gave me the $7.50 off. Still best if you act fast in case it's gone for good.

[quote name='GunstarRed']The BOGO 50% off promo is gone from the Xbox 360 page now, but when I went to check out, it still gave me the $7.50 off. Still best if you act fast in case it's gone for good.[/QUOTE]

Just checked out with Plants vs. Zombies and Batman: Arkham Asylum and got the $7.50 discount.

I put Batman ($15) and Sonic Collection ($18.54) in checkout but it only removed $5. Shouldn't it be 7.50 like everyone else? Help?

This is a deal I was looking for, having put Arkham off for so long and still seeing the price high. I'll bite, but Amazon's EA day doesn't look too, too special.

Dammit. I just ordered this with the B1G1 50% deal yesterday. If I would've known then I would have chosen something else. Ugh.

Does the 360 ver come in 3d mode and one set of glasses? I have the plain batman AA and like to get 3d and watch in 3d.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Does the 360 ver come in 3d mode and one set of glasses? I have the plain batman AA and like to get 3d and watch in 3d.[/QUOTE]

Yes, i believe that is the only difference between this platinum version and the original goty edition which includes 2 glasses and the special 3-d effect cover.

[quote name='jdb230']Yes, i believe that is the only difference between this platinum version and the original goty edition which includes 2 glasses and the special 3-d effect cover.[/QUOTE]

I am a sucker for cool art so i am on the fence with plat. I mostly wanted to play in 3d and wondering if it is worth buying it at $15 when i beat it 3 times already.

In before 'zomg they sent me the Greatest Hits version, ugly red case and nasty looking cover that fucks with the feng shui of my super cool(read: nerdy) game collection' nerd rage commences.

EDIT: Nevermind. It's the GH version that's advertised, so hopefully we won't have some of the same rage like we did on the NewEgg thread over people getting PH/GH copies and whining about it for a week.:roll:

[quote name='Orofin']I put Batman ($15) and Sonic Collection ($18.54) in checkout but it only removed $5. Shouldn't it be 7.50 like everyone else? Help?[/QUOTE]

What do you want us to do?

[quote name='jdb230']Yes, i believe that is the only difference between this platinum version and the original goty edition which includes 2 glasses and the special 3-d effect cover.[/QUOTE]

Um, that's not the only difference. The game of the year includes all the extra maps and levels. This one doesn't so Amazon is ripping us off!

[quote name='shingletingle']Um, that's not the only difference. The game of the year includes all the extra maps and levels. This one doesn't so Amazon is ripping us off![/QUOTE]
They include even the UK exclusive map? I grabbed that free on my uk account was shocked to see it as free. I bought all the others including the preorder stuff i bought the codes off eblah what a waste if they include those to...

[quote name='Heavyd814life']Great price. Is it the GH version?[/QUOTE]
Did you not click on the link in the OP? Unlike the NewEgg deal that everyone complained cuz they got sent the GH version and it messed with the feng shui of their game collection Amazon has the GH pictured, so there should be no issues with this deal.

I wouldn't get too hung up on the GOTY version versus the regular version.

In my opinion, the 3D is a gimmick that's cool for like 20 minutes, at which point the novelty wears off and you switch the game back to normal.

And I don't really even see myself playing the included Challenge Mode maps too much, let alone the couple extra maps the GOTY comes with.

So basically, I wouldn't let this being the Regular Edition deter you from jumping at this deal. Great game, and you're not missing much from the GOTY version.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Scarecrow level is the only DLC thats really worth it. I had preordered from GS so I had it on 360, but then I got the GOTY for PS3. Certainly dont regret it at all, but 15$ for the regular is an incredible deal. The game is worth every penny, even if you were to splurge on the GOTY like me. This game is the reason I bought a 360.

[quote name='henryVIII']I wouldn't get too hung up on the GOTY version versus the regular version.

In my opinion, the 3D is a gimmick that's cool for like 20 minutes, at which point the novelty wears off and you switch the game back to normal.

And I don't really even see myself playing the included Challenge Mode maps too much, let alone the couple extra maps the GOTY comes with.

So basically, I wouldn't let this being the Regular Edition deter you from jumping at this deal. Great game, and you're not missing much from the GOTY version.[/QUOTE]

The Challenge Mode maps are one of the best parts of the game. I love the freeflow combat system, and would play Sewer Bat for hours. Ive put alot of hours into the game just playing the Challenge Modes but mostly the combat ones.

Thanks OP for posting this. Bought it when this thread went up... did try to buy from newegg on BF but it was too late and even tried to buy from those who were disappointed of getting the PH GOTY version (but they were unwilling to sell).

But glad to finally get this game at $15.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Does the GH version, or any version for that matter, support active 3D glasses or just the stupid paper two-tone ones?[/QUOTE]

it is just the stupid paper two-tone ones

[quote name='Heavyd814life']The feng shui of my collection is of the utmost importance. Maximum harmon prevails over a great deal - I'm passing on this i'm afraid.[/QUOTE]
FYI: There is a game case/artwork/manual replacement thread in the master trading forum, in the event you wanted to get the deal and find a clear PS3 game case to replace the 'ugly' red one with. Just saying...;)

At least you're a good sport about it. If you say 'the case color isn't that big of a deal' to some they'll literally have a coronary telling you how it is too so important.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']FYI: There is a game case/artwork/manual replacement thread in the master trading forum, in the event you wanted to get the deal and find a clear PS3 game case to replace the 'ugly' red one with. Just saying...;)

At least you're a good sport about it. If you say 'the case color isn't that big of a deal' to some they'll literally have a coronary telling you how it is too so important.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I had no idea that thread existed.

Just finished the story last night and I loved it. Got it for the same price from Amazon last month. I played on hard and there were a few times where I had to fight the same enemies for 1+ hours because I couldn't beat them. I appreciate the difficulty and this game is definitely no button-masher.

Once again I am against the idea of buying an ugly red box copy of a game. No matter how cheap it is I will not keep it in my collection.

[quote name='miriamleo']Once again I am against the idea of buying an ugly red box copy of a game. No matter how cheap it is I will not keep it in my collection.[/QUOTE]

ditto

[quote name='miriamleo']Once again I am against the idea of buying an ugly red box copy of a game. No matter how cheap it is I will not keep it in my collection.[/QUOTE]

I can't tell if they are joking or not... Am I missing something?

[quote name='jnest']I can't tell if they are joking or not... Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Yeah -- some people are crazy like that ;-)

That said, I used to be the same way during the last gen -- needed to get my hands on the original releases so would jump on them when they dropped to the magic $20.

I guess I grew out of the GH/PH thing. I'm also not buying as many games as I used to. After the craziness of my game collecting last gen, I'm determined to keep this gen to only the must-play (a.k.a. I WILL play and beat) titles ;-)

And yet, alas, I'm already 18 behind just on my 360. In total, over 450 behind.

If you havent played the game, and the case is holding you back, then you are missing out. This is one of the best games ever and if it came in a paper sleeve, I wouldnt care.

[quote name='GregSal1']Hey romeogbs19, that is an impressive backlog![/QUOTE]

It makes me feel a little better about my 20-30 game backlog. Lol

[quote name='Archfiend']Isn't most or all of the DLC free anyways?[/QUOTE]

Scarecrow and Crime Alley cost money, the other two are free, but the Prey in the Knight isnt on 360.

I paired this and Brutal Legends, total came to $25.83. Didn't get 50% but did get the Free Shipping, hehe!

Two good games for a low price. I am happy! :)

bread's done
Back