Batman: Arkham Asylum (360 and PS3) - $52.99 w/ FSSS @ Amazon

Does anyone know who's drawing the comic book? I'd bite if it's Jim Lee on art and Paul Dini writing.

[quote name='shadowkast']I'll wait for a price drop personally but, ya gotta love amazon for cuttingthe price of new releases
00.gif
[/quote]

I think I'll hold off as well. The game looks good, but not enough for me to dive on it right away.

I saw this yesterday and was debating it, just saw the "amazon exclusive" comic and i decided to bite

the collector's edition is listed at 94.99 btw, not a huge savings, but it's better than nothing

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ndheah']Just ordered it, thanks!
Remember: PS3 version has exclusive Joker levels.[/quote]

Are you KIDDING me? I need to have Batman-related achievements on my 360, though! My PS3 only gets PS3 exclusives, nothing multi-platform! :bomb:

there is much confusion about "exclusive maps" gamestop just sent out a newsletter claiming "exclusive maps if you pre order at GS" ... sounds like a bunch of marketing hype...

After the MUA fail exclusive Hulk, I really hope they don't pull this BS

It has been confirmed that the Joker Challenge maps are free on the PS3, but will be available as DLC later on on the 360, so everybody will get the same content, EVENTUALLY.

No word if they will charge for it, but here hopes its free, would look bad on them and M$ if they charge for one console and not the other.

[quote name='nightmare452']It has been confirmed that the Joker Challenge maps are free on the PS3, but will be available as DLC later on on the 360, so everybody will get the same content, EVENTUALLY.

No word if they will charge for it, but here hopes its free, would look bad on them and M$ if they charge for one console and not the other.[/QUOTE]

Got a link? This is the first I've heard of this...

With the ECA code im getting it for $47, id say thats a fair price, and im really hyped for this game!!

[quote name='nightmare452']It has been confirmed that the Joker Challenge maps are free on the PS3, but will be available as DLC later on on the 360, so everybody will get the same content, EVENTUALLY.

No word if they will charge for it, but here hopes its free, would look bad on them and M$ if they charge for one console and not the other.[/quote]

Yeah, if you could provide a link for this info that would be appreciated. I figured that this would be the case, but I think I might still stick with the PS3 version.

I played the demo and though it to be pretty fun. The fact that its being written and voiced by the people that did the animated series in the 90s made it a lock for me.

Any chance that Arkham Asylum book is the classic grant morrison version? If it is id pre order just to get another copy of that great book.

And am I the only one thinking the price wont drop so quick if the game turns out to be good? kinda like how force unleashed and other popular games dont? I mean I understand if sales are horrible but if it sells well I can see it not dropping for a bit.

[quote name='shadowkast']I'll wait for a price drop personally but, ya gotta love amazon for cuttingthe price of new releases
344.jpg
[/quote]
Im going to wait tell the price drops as well.. I'll give it a couple of weeks and if I dont find a better price, then im picking this deal up.

This is all I can find on the Joker DLC and if it comes to the 360. Doesn't shock me at all if true but not a 100% official confirmation, but I can almost be sure it will happen at one point. PS3 version might be the "safer" version just in case anyone cared. I like the 360 controller better and the Joker is not enough to sell me the PS3 version yet (I own both consoles anyhow), but if I see anything more concrete, will post and share it.

Saw this on Gamefaqs on the PS3 forums: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=952338&topic=49216047

Then followed the twitter for the magazine he mentions: http://twitter.com/XboxWorld360/statuses/1602232312/

And the magazine looks kinda shaky, but I have seen it and its a legit magazine at least, don't know if they are correct, but as I said, wouldn't shock me it came to the 360 as DLC. Here's the magazine's website in case anyone wondered, no mention from them on the website yet. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/sites/xboxworld/

It seems as if amazon price cuts EVERYTHING on their website, i really don't understand how they get away with this!

bread's done
Back