Batman Arkham Asylum CE for $29.99 @ GameStop

myke-myke

CAGiversary!
Hey

If anybody is still looking to get Batman Arkham Asylum, the Collector's Edition is $29.99 @ GameStop. Brand New and in-store. You may have to call the store's around your area to see if they have any in-stock but yeah. Pretty good deal.

Peace!

[quote name='Carlanga']tks, I might go for it if I see one, that batarang looks cool enough...[/QUOTE]

It's plastic. Many people expected it to be metal...

is this price ymmv? I know that used games prices differ from store to store. to be safe i was going to order online, but there isn't a listing at gamestop.com anymore.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']It's plastic. Many people expected it to be metal...[/QUOTE]

umm tks, is it well made and heavy or flimsy and crappy?

Only thing I wanted was that leather pouch thing that came with it, never knew what exactly it was called so never looked on ebay

[quote name='Carlanga']umm tks, is it well made and heavy or flimsy and crappy?[/QUOTE]

it's really thick and wooden, you cannot remove it from its stand. It's garbage.

[quote name='Scorch']it's really thick and wooden, you cannot remove it from its stand. It's garbage.[/QUOTE]
reminds of the crappy batpod that came w/ one of the dark knight blu-ray special editions. i was able to snag the bapod edition for $13 but it still sucks. but, umm, is this deal ymmv at gamestop or do they have universal pricing for this kind of thing?

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']It's plastic. Many people expected it to be metal...[/QUOTE]

i'm sure if they made it out of metal some kid would throw it at another kid and a huge class action lawsuit would ensue.

[quote name='frpilot']i'm sure if they made it out of metal some kid would throw it at another kid and a huge class action lawsuit would ensue.[/QUOTE]

yep probably why they didn't do it, Americans are sue crazy. At my work we had a pony for kids to ride and a parent went off and did something else while their kid was riding this pony. I guess the kid fell off and hurt themselves. Parents fault? oh no they went and sued the corporation. Now the pony announces a disclaimer really loud:

"Attention parents please do not leave your child unattended while they enjoy the ride, press the start button and have fun kids!"

It's like really?.....

some laws don't make sense. if a burglar breaks into your house, steals your stuff, decides to rape your wife and your kids, then walks on his merry way out and trips over on your stairs and breaks his leg he can sue you and you would lose because you didn't ensure his safety while he was in your property.

this is in california anyways. i'm heard in texas you can shoot a burglar on site without asking questions for trespassing. you do that in california, and you would likely get the death sentence if not 25 to life.

does this make sense?

Saw this at the same price yesterday. Gamestop pricing is *NOT* YMMV. Should be this price everywhere. It is possible that one of these things is sitting up on the high shelves above the counter, and the price tag may be outdated.

I'm interested in the journal book as well, thanks OP!

Come on now, anyone expecting a metal batarang is asking too much. In the US? No way! You got warnings on cooking knives... WARNING ITEM IS SHARP! Duh....

My favorite warning is the super hero cape one... WARNING COSTUME DOES NOT ENABLE FLYING ABILITY.

Anyway, we're getting dumb and dumber :lol:

Instruction on airline peanut package "Open package and eat nut." DUH!

On of the absolute best games of last year and one of the absolute worst CE's.

It has a decent little book and special case but the batarang and container are so embarrassingly poor that I would only recommend the CE if you can get it for the same price or cheaper than the regular edition.

I've been waiting to pick up this game for awhile and unless I can find it on clearance at Target, then this CE for $30 is quite close to picking up the regular (platinum hits) edition on Amazon... Hmm.

[quote name='dannyox718']Just beat it last night (this morning? eh..). This game really blew me away. time to work on the challenge maps.[/QUOTE]

This - crappy CE or not one of the finest games I've ever played.

Truly one of the best games I've played in awhile. Sucked me in that I kept it for a month from Gamefly and didn't even beat all the challenge maps. Kind of itching to own it but wanted the 3D version. Anyone played that one yet?

I beat it on normal when it first came out, decided last month to pull it back out and try hard mode. Glad I did, you really have to learn the combos or you dont last 2 minutes. Took a good week to beat it on hard. There are 3 battles that are really tough, but besides that if you know the combos youll get through the rest easily.

On a side note I was with my friend at midinight on release night when he was buying the CE edition for 99.00. A kid in front of him opened his and we saw the cheap plastic batarang of shame. I looked at him and said 99.00 for that are you kidding. He put his head down and bought it anyways. I got regular edition at TRU for 59.00 plus 20.00 gift card on release day. Its definetly worth the 29.99 IMHO though if you havent played it.

I got regular edition at TRU for 59.00 plus 20.00 gift card on release day. Its definetly worth the 29.99 IMHO though if you havent played it.
Should've signed up for Rewards R Us, they were giving $30 gift cards to members!

I love this game, but I really cannot vouch for the CE. I never really expected the Batarang to be metal or anything, but it's not nearly as large as the case implies nor as quality as you would expect for a CE item. It's like a happy meal toy... the one that I got came with scuffs all over it and it had welding mark (or rather the plastic equivalent of welding marks) on it. The journal thing was okay, but even that wasn't anything too exciting since the character profiles are in-game.

But man, do I love that game... can't wait for the sequel.

I gave up on getting the LE a long time ago. It sat on shelves at full price forever. You'd think that it would have been discounted with how much room they take up.

I finaly gave in and bought the regular game for $20 some months ago.

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']Should've signed up for Rewards R Us, they were giving $30 gift cards to members!

I love this game, but I really cannot vouch for the CE. I never really expected the Batarang to be metal or anything, but it's not nearly as large as the case implies nor as quality as you would expect for a CE item. It's like a happy meal toy... the one that I got came with scuffs all over it and it had welding mark (or rather the plastic equivalent of welding marks) on it. The journal thing was okay, but even that wasn't anything too exciting since the character profiles are in-game.

But man, do I love that game... can't wait for the sequel.[/QUOTE]

I may have gotten $30 gift card. I couldnt remember been awhile, but didnt want to brag too much.

Welll I bought this at Wal-Mart for $50.

Now that I know the Batarang is not metal and I can't throw it. Back it will go.

...great...I just caved and bought the regular for $15 a couple weeks ago. .....my bf is a huge batman fan and would not care how crappy the ce is...he would just want it. darn.

This wasn't worth the $100 price tag, but at this price its decent if you like to collect collectors editions like me. I already own this game and I like the design and the items minus the batarang, not sure if I should buy this.

Anybody with some experience spray painting might be interested in re-painting the batarang to make it more 'presentable':

dscf6473.jpg

I've painted numerous game consoles before and plan on doing something similar to my batarang come spring/summer.

Here's a forum link I'll be using as reference for when the time comes:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=93582

BTW... for anybody trying to remove the batarang from its stand, patience is the key. Forcing it WILL break something.

Got it today for $30.
I think the CE looks awesome. It has unique packaging and good contents inside. Yes the batarang is not made out of high quality stuffs, but when compare to other so called CE that only has a slightly bigger box and just a making-of DVD, this is an awesome package.

bread's done
Back