Batman arkham asylum GOTY $4.99 Pc download

Thanks OP.
jhikjmk

For an added incentive over the console versions, both games have the inclusion of the PhysX technology, to a degree that most games on PC do not. These games are almost the showcase for what PhysX can add to a game. It adds a ton of extra atmosphere to the game world, if you have an nVidia GPU that is.

Comparison video for AA:
(skip to 1m15s for comparison to start)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GyKCM-Bpuw

might try and get all the achievements for this and city before the film comes out this summer.

I noticed the steam version of city has steam achievements. Does that mean the steam version has steam achievements and GWWl achievements?

[quote name='brettsp']I noticed the steam version of city has steam achievements. Does that mean the steam version has steam achievements and GWWl achievements?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that's how it is. The GFWL links to your XBL account, so you'd get them on there too if you have one.

Does this version of Asylum have SecuROM activations like the Steam version? Also, I've never used Impulse. Is it just a download manager, or is it an actual client that needs to be running in the background while you're playing the games a la Steam?

[quote name='shytface']Does this version of Asylum have SecuROM activations like the Steam version? Also, I've never used Impulse. Is it just a download manager, or is it an actual client that needs to be running in the background while you're playing the games a la Steam?[/QUOTE]

I would also like to know this.

[quote name='shytface']Does this version of Asylum have SecuROM activations like the Steam version? Also, I've never used Impulse. Is it just a download manager, or is it an actual client that needs to be running in the background while you're playing the games a la Steam?[/QUOTE]

it was a long time ago, but if I remember correctly it didn't need to be running when I bought Dragon Age Origins from there and played that.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Damn. That Physx stuff looks crazy good. Bummer that it only works on Nvidia cards..[/QUOTE]

really? meh, then I guess it is no go for me

Note: Steam version of this game require u to log in to Steam and GFWL (log in 2 times)
Non-steam version only require 1 log in (GFWL)

Just for clarification, I bought Asylum this morning, never having used gamestop downloads or games for windows live before. Impulse is just a downloader, you use it to download and install the game, it is not like steam. Once installed you launch the app itself free from impulse, and it goes through GFWL. I think it also used secuROM to activate, and then I had to input my key again for GFWL.

But that took like 2 minutes and the game works just fine... so I wouldn't let impulse be a deterrent (of course I'd prefer Steam but $4.99 is $4.99).

[quote name='cwcain']
But that took like 2 minutes and the game works just fine... so I wouldn't let impulse be a deterrent (of course I'd prefer Steam but $4.99 is $4.99).[/QUOTE]

For those that prefer Steam and can wait, AA GotY has been $4.99 before. Checking my purchase history, I got it for that price on Dec. 25.

[quote name='kjs7']might try and get all the achievements for this and city before the film comes out this summer.[/QUOTE]

Good luck on the combat challenges! Harder than No faulting Inferno 3!

[quote name='SeanTM22']Good luck on the combat challenges! Harder than No faulting Inferno 3![/QUOTE]

Believe me, I'm aware of the difficulty. Done the ones on Arkham City? I've had a hell of a time with those.

bread's done
Back