Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Kmart $14.99 YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

technics1200

CAGiversary!
I know everyone is probably tired of the Batman AA GOTY posts so I'll be brief.

I went to Kmart and price checked the game and though it was marked $49.99 it rang up as $29.99. I showed the cashier the flyer stating Batman AA (Platinum Hits of course) was reg. $29.99 on sale for $14.99. They immediately assumed it was a mistake and adjusted the price using the customer satisfaction option. In any case thats the only Batman they had, but I didn't have to bring that up. So again YMMV, but hey I'm happy I missed out on Newegg $17.99.

Hope everyone is enjoying Cheap-Ass-Friday!

yeah this isn't a deal, more of a scam. I guess if you're comfortable with tricking employees and possibly getting them in trouble later on (you never know, management could have to check manual price overrides) than you can. I wouldn't, though.

Hey I didn't trick anyone. Like I said, that's the only version of Arkham Asylum they had, and they honored the price. They did not care what version it was. Also, I was there early in the morning, so it's not like other people bought them out of the other ones (they just weren't behind the glass). I asked for Batman AA and thats the one they pulled out, it's not like I had access to game myself and pulled some treachery. I think it its worth a try for those that want this game. Especially since the In-store price dropped from $49.99 to $29.99 today anyway (presumably so that the $15 off takes effect making it $14.99, which it didn't - and yes I know it's been $29.99 on Kmart.com for a while now).

BTW, if I were greedy, I would have bought all of the copies. There was a guy buying 3 of the Xbox 360 versions, so I am not the only one that got this deal, nor am I nearly as bad as that guy.

Oh and Chun Li sux. Cammy is awesome! (J/K CL is classic but I'm sure you got heated for a second when I said that - yes Cammy sux)

Again, I'm not greedy - just a Cheap Ass.

Did you tell the employee "hey this isn't the version in the ad that your store intends to sell for $15 but this is the only one you have could you adjust the price?"

Or did you act like you didn't know what was going on and just gave them the higher priced version hoping they wouldn't know the difference?

One is honest, the other is dishonest. One is a fair attempt at getting a deal, the other is greedy.

Are you comparing yourself to "the other guy" to make yourself feel better or not seem "as bad"?

How do you know that the person that adjusted the price isn't going to get reamed out by the manager later on when they see the price overrides done on their register?

I did not "give them" anything. I asked for Arkham Asylum while showing them the ad in the flyer, they pulled out the GOTY and I said "well that one says $49.99, can we price check it?" He did and saw the $30 price and asked one of the Managers at the service desk, saying it was the only Batman AA they had, and the manager said ok, do it as customer satisfaction.

So no, I don't think that the teller will get "reamed out" because it was the manager who ok'd it. Of course, YOUR mileage MAY vary.

Thank you and goodnight everyone...

I don't think its a scam, I actually think Kmart is using both copies to sell in its promo, whether they have the exact same product in the ad in all kmarts I think its doubtful. Its a good deal as long as the consumer doesn't manipulate the system by force or extortion.

Soo according to your logic, if I went into a GS and they are oos of $99 xbox360, I should then get a 360 + kinetic for $99 if that's all that's left.

[quote name='SPELLPLAQUE']Soo according to your logic, if I went into a GS and they are oos of $99 xbox360, I should then get a 360 + kinetic for $99 if that's all that's left.[/QUOTE]

you are correct!!

[quote name='mrgamer']I don't think its a scam, I actually think Kmart is using both copies to sell in its promo, whether they have the exact same product in the ad in all kmarts I think its doubtful. Its a good deal as long as the consumer doesn't manipulate the system by force or extortion.[/QUOTE]

what the hell are you talking about?

If they suggest it themselves (without me asking, rather to satisfy a cutomer) then yes, I would not stop them from giving me an Xbox360+Kinect for $99. You would too, if they offered, don't lie. In this case the game was a similar item to the one being advertised, also at the same standard price ($29.99) and the manager ok'd it on his own (again without me asking or making any big deal about it). All I did was ask if it was $49.99, as labeled. They decided that, since it rang up as $30, that they would do $15. Give it up people, it was a suggestion. You don't like it, then by all means don't get it. I would never connive the people at Kmart because they've always done me right. I was the one who printed the CAG page for them so they would have the list of non-advertised games, and so that they have all the information instead of arguing with customers. I think Josh Deane from the Kmart thread would agree, it was their decision to be made, and they decided to satisfy the customer. I am sure that if I demanded from the git-go that they match the price then they probably wouldn't have done it. In this case, I didn't even have to ask! And hopefully they would do the same for other customers...

I never said that they "SHOULD GIVE ME" the better version, I said they offered when I asked how much it was. And I told them "great, thanks". I did not mean any harm to anyone and I am sure the manager who approved it and the teller who asked him will still have their jobs and dignity next week.

What are you people anyways, the Cheap-Ass-Police?

the guy asked for a PM.. the store agreed to PM (yes, they consented)

while I don't condone this kinda of conduct, the OP didn't really pull a gun at the store's head to give him this deal either.

[quote name='technics1200']Hey I didn't trick anyone. Like I said, that's the only version of Arkham Asylum they had, and they honored the price. They did not care what version it was. Also, I was there early in the morning, so it's not like other people bought them out of the other ones (they just weren't behind the glass). I asked for Batman AA and thats the one they pulled out, it's not like I had access to game myself and pulled some treachery. I think it its worth a try for those that want this game. Especially since the In-store price dropped from $49.99 to $29.99 today anyway (presumably so that the $15 off takes effect making it $14.99, which it didn't - and yes I know it's been $29.99 on Kmart.com for a while now).

BTW, if I were greedy, I would have bought all of the copies. There was a guy buying 3 of the Xbox 360 versions, so I am not the only one that got this deal, nor am I nearly as bad as that guy.

Oh and Chun Li sux. Cammy is awesome! (J/K CL is classic but I'm sure you got heated for a second when I said that - yes Cammy sux)

Again, I'm not greedy - just a Cheap Ass.[/QUOTE]

Just because its the only version in stock doesn't mean its not a scam. It was not, nor is it intended to be the version on sale. Thats like saying oh look Call of Duty Black Ops is $49.99, so give me the Prestige Edition for that. Then to come on here and advertise your bs like its an YMMV deal? These boards are for actual deals, not retarded kids looking for ways to blatantly cheat stores especially ones with representatives trying to promote deals for us. Go fuck yourself.

Ok if you had a valid point then maybe your comment wouldn't seem like the childish one. You are just acting a little douchey now.

I asked for Batman AA and I was given the GOTY. Nuff said. I am thankful and will be a devoted Kmart customer for a long time. I've spent hundreds there in the last 2 months alone.

Relax CAGs, the only thing technics did wrong was post this as a deal. It's the sales staff's jobs to satisfy customers. I have been offered substitute items from managers many times when I was looking for a certain deal that they could not fulfill for whatever reason. It is something good, engaged salespeople will do, but it's not really a deal.

[quote name='technics1200']Ok if you had a valid point then maybe your comment wouldn't seem like the childish one. You are just acting a little douchey now.

I asked for Batman AA and I was given the GOTY. Nuff said. I am thankful and will be a devoted Kmart customer for a long time. I've spent hundreds there in the last 2 months alone.[/QUOTE]

lol says the fool who just ripped off a store, and then has the nerve to make a thread about it to encourage others to try the same. This thread will be closed soon since it goes against forum rules, which I doubt you are intelligent enough to figure out.

You got lucky that the employee you asked didn't know better, and they do lose jobs for even minor issues like this as it costs the store money. Its not like you asked for them to give you a discount on another version, you tried to pass it off as the same one. For people who aren't gamers, they'd look at the title and assume it was the store's mistake, and not some kid ripping them off.

All making this thread did was make you look like a douchebag, and since all your rationalizations are baseless its pretty much confirmed.

[quote name='jer7583']yeah this isn't a deal, more of a scam. I guess if you're comfortable with tricking employees and possibly getting them in trouble later on (you never know, management could have to check manual price overrides) than you can. I wouldn't, though.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah!!!
I like tricking people... man fuck them employees I going to try this as soon as I get home

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Relax CAGs, the only thing technics did wrong was post this as a deal. It's the sales staff's jobs to satisfy customers. I have been offered substitute items from managers many times when I was looking for a certain deal that they could not fulfill for whatever reason. It is something good, engaged salespeople will do, but it's not really a deal.[/QUOTE]

He was not offered the GOTY version as a substitute. He tried to pass the GOTY version off as the normal game. The employee didn't know. Plus do yourself a favor and read the thread's title which shows what his intentions were.

[quote name='technics1200']Hey I didn't trick anyone. Like I said, that's the only version of Arkham Asylum they had, and they honored the price. They did not care what version it was. Also, I was there early in the morning, so it's not like other people bought them out of the other ones (they just weren't behind the glass). I asked for Batman AA and thats the one they pulled out, it's not like I had access to game myself and pulled some treachery. I think it its worth a try for those that want this game. Especially since the In-store price dropped from $49.99 to $29.99 today anyway (presumably so that the $15 off takes effect making it $14.99, which it didn't - and yes I know it's been $29.99 on Kmart.com for a while now).

Again, I'm not greedy - just a Cheap Ass.[/QUOTE]

Shit
I am greedy, going to stock up and sale on ebay and to gamestop...

[quote name='rawrker']He was not offered the GOTY version as a substitute. He tried to pass the GOTY version off as the normal game. The employee didn't know. Plus do yourself a favor and read the thread's title which shows what his intentions were.[/QUOTE]

He intentions were good :applause:
Nice scam he should have stocked up!!!

[quote name='bib12342004']Shit
I am greedy, going to stock up and sale on ebay and to gamestop...[/QUOTE]

See now this is a true CAGer. Make us proud. If you need money to help buy up stock, pm me and Ill paypal you what you need.

Closing this thread, it isn't a deal.

What is pictured is the "Best Seller" version of Batman Arkham Asylum NOT the BAA GotY Edition. Different game is different. The reason BAA GotY didn't ring up at the 14.99 price is because that isn't the game which was on sale.

Attempting to pass off a different sku/product as advertised product is fraud. Have some integrity. If that's too much to ask of you, don't post about it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back