Batman Arkham Asylum Xbox 360 9.97 @ SAm's Club YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.
i went to sams club today and only found 1 copy so i picked it up then i went to another in tampa and they had 13 copies! so for anyone that lives in the tampa area the one on dale mabry has tons left!

[quote name='King Royalty']i went to sams club today and only found 1 copy so i picked it up then i went to another in tampa and they had 13 copies! so for anyone that lives in the tampa area the one on dale mabry has tons left![/QUOTE]

If it was the one on Park Blvd, you're welcome. I was there around 8:30 am cause I had to pick up a couple items really early. Saw 2 copies there, bought one, left the other, and was gonna post about it here until I saw what you wrote earlier. I had hoped a CAG would have picked it up.

I don't get why the folks that are finding 10+ aren't hooking people up. There are TONS of CAG's that have asked for one and MOST of them are willing to pay $20 (some $22). Just don't get it.

I went to my local Sam's this morning, got a ONE DAY PASS (though I think if I wanted to buy something I would have been required to join), went in and they didn't have ANY. I had planned to purchase 3 for me, my Son and a friend then all the rest they had for CAG's. I was even thinking if there were enough (like 10+) I would ebay a couple to cover my new SAM's membership.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']Anyone found any in South CA?[/QUOTE]

Got the last one in Long Beach this morning.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Hey guys just got back from Sam's and picked up Batman for 9.97 and they had a few left. This was at the Bluefield, Va store. As usual YMMV.[/QUOTE]
Has anyone who went to Sam's Club seen PS3 versions for that price???
[quote name='hotwls13']I don't get why the folks that are finding 10+ aren't hooking people up. There are TONS of CAG's that have asked for one and MOST of them are willing to pay $20 (some $22). Just don't get it.

I went to my local Sam's this morning, got a ONE DAY PASS (though I think if I wanted to buy something I would have been required to join), went in and they didn't have ANY. I had planned to purchase 3 for me, my Son and a friend then all the rest they had for CAG's. I was even thinking if there were enough (like 10+) I would ebay a couple to cover my new SAM's membership.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, and what's even worse is that 1 single person is probably buying out the last 5 copies at a store, not leaving any for others who may want it. I can see why people would be tempted to buy low and sell high, but you can at least leave 1 or 2 copies at the store, unless you're in horrible financial condition. Some people here are just complete douchebags.
Anyways, I may buy it for the 360, even though I'd have to play it on someone else's because I don't own one. I'll probably get one in the future, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hotwls13']I don't get why the folks that are finding 10+ aren't hooking people up. There are TONS of CAG's that have asked for one and MOST of them are willing to pay $20 (some $22). Just don't get it.

I went to my local Sam's this morning, got a ONE DAY PASS (though I think if I wanted to buy something I would have been required to join), went in and they didn't have ANY. I had planned to purchase 3 for me, my Son and a friend then all the rest they had for CAG's. I was even thinking if there were enough (like 10+) I would ebay a couple to cover my new SAM's membership.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, and what's even worse is that 1 single person is probably buying out the last 5 copies at a store, not leaving any for others who may want it. I can see why people would be tempted to buy low and sell high, but you can at least leave 1 or 2 copies at the store, unless you're in horrible financial condition. Some people here are just complete douchebags.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']One has to wonder though. If Sam's Club can do these seemingly random and highly YMMV clearance prices on games, then why the fuck doesn't Wal*Mart also do them.

It's the same damn company. But I guess that's like expecting Sears and Kmart to do the same clearance since they're all one big corporation now.

It's kind of maddening, since Sam's Club=good clearance and Wal*Mart=WTF is clearance?[/QUOTE]

In fact I went to Wal-Mart right after Sam's yesterday (don't ask) and the same game was in the Wal-Mart VG case for 59.99. The stores are less than a mile apart.

[quote name='Crusher09']Has anyone who went to Sam's Club seen PS3 versions for that price???[/QUOTE]

I asked for that one and for some reason that version is full price.

[quote name='Hellu']Got the last one in Long Beach this morning.[/QUOTE]

Damn, went to the Long Beach store this afternoon. Despite samsclub.com showing that the store still had some copies AND despite them leaving one of those game card things out, they didn't have any left.

[quote name='hotwls13']I went to my local Sam's this morning, got a ONE DAY PASS (though I think if I wanted to buy something I would have been required to join)[/QUOTE]
no, you wouldn't be required to join, but you would just have to pay a 10% "service charge" on everything you purchased...

No go for me. It seems all Sam's Clubs near me are FULL PRICE for all of their games. All of the ones I searched for & found on their website anyways.

Hey if Sams has it that price then Walmart may not be far behind lol, they have been known to interchange in the past...

[quote name='thebytewasbit']No go for me. It seems all Sam's Clubs near me are FULL PRICE for all of their games. All of the ones I searched for & found on their website anyways.[/QUOTE]

The website listed full price when I looked and said it was out of stuck but it was the clearance price in store and they had one copy.

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']or you could have looked at the 3rd page in this thread and found the same link...[/QUOTE]

well i must have not been the only one that missed it because if you look at the last 3 pages or so you have people askin about a 1 day pass still... sorry if it was already posted

atleast this brings it back up for anyone still lookin for it don't hate on the attempt to help others

[quote name='Thasmagal']Yes you need a yearly membership, is $60.00 a year for two people and you don't have to be related. we share ours with a friend so we each pay $30.00 a year.[/QUOTE]

My wife and I only pay $40 a year.

Got this at the Friendswood, TX Sam's Club. This one has a card you have to give to the cashier who gets the game out of a cabinet in the back. The card had $52.87 or something on it, but it rung up $9.97. Couldn't tell if they had more copies, seemed likely though.

Based on others who have said it did not show available for pickup online, yet there were copies in the store, I checked the two local Clubs. Nothing...so in my case the website was correct. Worth a shot.

If anyone is willing to pick one up for me, I'll be happy to pay for the cost, plus shipping, plus something for the effort. Please PM me! (All the stores near me are completely sold out)

[quote name='tinyandi']If anyone is willing to pick one up for me, I'll be happy to pay for the cost, plus shipping, plus something for the effort. Please PM me! (All the stores near me are completely sold out)[/QUOTE]

How do you know that?

Here is what happened to me. I went to the website and it said sold out. I tested the site to see if common games like Uncharted 2 were in stock. That said no too. That was enough for me to go to the store.

I got them to do an on hand search at the store and it said they had 1 left and I got it.

Here is a tip: Ask them to do an on-hand search with the 6 digit item number from the website.

[quote name='shoe478']How do you know that?

Here is what happened to me. I went to the website and it said sold out. I tested the site to see if common games like Uncharted 2 were in stock. That said no too. That was enough for me to go to the store.

I got them to do an on hand search at the store and it said they had 1 left and I got it.

Here is a tip: Ask them to do an on-hand search with the 6 digit item number from the website.[/QUOTE]

I checked online and all the stores around me seem sold out. I guess I will try to stop by the one near me after work tomorrow and see if I'm as lucky as you.

[quote name='captaink']Got this at the Friendswood, TX Sam's Club. This one has a card you have to give to the cashier who gets the game out of a cabinet in the back. The card had $52.87 or something on it, but it rung up $9.97. Couldn't tell if they had more copies, seemed likely though.[/QUOTE]

My local (70 miles away...blah) Sam's Club had the same card...marked with the same price. Which means, they probably have some still. I grabbed the two loose copies that were marked on the shelf.

Assuming none of my friends want the second copy, I'll have one for CAG. Not sure yet. One friend already asked for one.

EDIT: Oh, and their website told me this store had none. When in fact, they had at least two (and probably more, since they have that card on the shelf). So, YMMV on the accuracy of the online stock tracker.

@tinyandi - I checked the one in Durham today since it was the only one supposed to have it in. Unfortunately, they didn't have one either. If you find one tomorrow, could you either let me know or pick up an extra copy. I'd also pay extra for your time and effort.

[quote name='Gryphondare']@tinyandi - I checked the one in Durham today since it was the only one supposed to have it in. Unfortunately, they didn't have one either. If you find one tomorrow, could you either let me know or pick up an extra copy. I'd also pay extra for your time and effort.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I guess I'll stop by the one in Morrisville tomorrow after work and let ya know if I managed to snag one. If I find more than one, I'll definitely pick one up for you.

The Altoona, PA one still had a few. They were still priced at $52.77 but rang up at $9.97. There were no pricetags or stickers advertising the change in price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back