Batman Arkham City GOTY $9.99 (360/PS3) Best Buy

Time to rebuy and use an expiring $10 cert.

Nevermind, I thought I could use the cert for $10, pay most of it, and use a CC to cover the rest, but I guess that doesn't work
The thing about certs is that the subtotal has to be more than the certificate value. For instance if this item was $10.99, you'd have no problem using it.

Yep, so you gotta add a pack of gum or something to it. ;)  It's the stupidest system ever in that regard but the intent of the certs is to get you to spend more money.

Struck out in-store, regular price there is $29.99 on sale for $19.99.
thats weird, i remember seeing $9.99 at my store today

Time to rebuy and use an expiring $10 cert.

Nevermind, I thought I could use the cert for $10, pay most of it, and use a CC to cover the rest, but I guess that doesn't work
The thing about certs is that the subtotal has to be more than the certificate value. For instance if this item was $10.99, you'd have no problem using it.
Yep, so you gotta add a pack of gum or something to it. ;) It's the stupidest system ever in that regard but the intent of the certs is to get you to spend more money.

Struck out in-store, regular price there is $29.99 on sale for $19.99.
Literally all you had to do was tell them it should be on sale for $9.99, they will check the website, and bam.

I meant at Target since I had said above I was going to try there to get it with the $10 discount after someone had suggested they had gotten it to work there because of a higher regular price.

Thx op picked it up earlier and was shocked that they had shrunk the game section by 2 aisles. Makes me wonder where all the games they got rid of went.
I think a lot of the stores are trying to do that right now. BBY's really trying to find a new identity to counter their shrinking revenue and are too deeply invested into the TV industry to cut back when that's where a lot of their issues are stemming from.

Thank you very much op (and kudos to my wife)!! I was too tired to bother processing an order last evening. However, my wife was out and stopped by our BB (I had an order ready to push in case she couldn't locate it). She snagged the only copy they had. I decided to order for a relative, but was removed as unavailable for store pickup.

For what it's worth, it was probably a early run GOTY as it included the movie download code (confirmed expired).

Thank you very much op (and kudos to my wife)!! I was too tired to bother processing an order last evening. However, my wife was out and stopped by our BB (I had an order ready to push in case she couldn't locate it). She snagged the only copy they had. I decided to order for a relative, but was removed as unavailable for store pickup.

For what it's worth, it was probably a early run GOTY as it included the movie download code (confirmed expired).
At least they tell you on the outside. I HATE games that have DLC or some extras that expire and you have no idea until you open the case. What a hassle.

May take back the vanilla copies I bought a week ago....Figured target was selling them on clearance for a reason. A dollar more won't hurt for all the DLC. May even have to price match at target if best buy doesn't have any more.

We got the last copy at our nearest BB. Everything else online was sold out expect for one that was in another city. Our Target here HATES price matching. They always call in the manager and have a 5-10 minute whispering discussion about it before they do it. But I'd say try it anyways if they have a copy.

I also thought that it would have a code or something for dlc. But nope it's a second disc to install everything before you insert disc 1 to play.

Again, thanks OP!

anyone know if there is a way to renew the movie code from the game? I heard it was done before for other dlcs for other games

Target in Pasadena, CA didn't have any copies. Going to try and swing by a nearby Best Buy after work.

Been waiting for this to hit the $10 price range, would really like to grab it

Just got back from the nearby Best Buy. Nothing but chaos. Apparently the sale only last 2 days, ending today. Frustrating :whistle2:?

Guess I'll just have to swing by another Target on my way home

Last edited by a moderator:
if it says Unavailable for store pickup could it still be at the store? Every single store says unavailable so it seems unlikely, plus I feel like I remember them having things when it says unavailable

if it says Unavailable for store pickup could it still be at the store? Every single store says unavailable so it seems unlikely, plus I feel like I remember them having things when it says unavailable
My local BestBuy said unavailable on the Doom 3 BFG Edition $9.99 sale, yet I went to the store a couple days later to see 2 copies sitting on the shelf.

So i went to Best Buy, and did not see it. I had one of the employees look up the sku for me but I accidentally got the Asylum sku, so I just said don worry about it and ill go to CS with the right one.

Then the manager who ALWAYS helps me out and knows me very well comes up to me and says whats up. I told him I was just grabbing the sku to check other stores and hes like " Oh I think I saw one in the back. An employee might have been trying to keep it back there but I will go check" ... Comes back with a copy of the game for me. he said he always tells the employees if they want it then they should buy it lol.

I fucking love Best Buy.

So i went to Best Buy, and did not see it. I had one of the employees look up the sku for me but I accidentally got the Asylum sku, so I just said don worry about it and ill go to CS with the right one.

Then the manager who ALWAYS helps me out and knows me very well comes up to me and says whats up. I told him I was just grabbing the sku to check other stores and hes like " Oh I think I saw one in the back. An employee might have been trying to keep it back there but I will go check" ... Comes back with a copy of the game for me. he said he always tells the employees if they want it then they should buy it lol.

I fucking love Best Buy.

That's awesome...sucks for that particular employee though. :lol:

My copy already shipped yesterday...great, great deal!

Last edited by a moderator:
My copy of Arkham city had codes for everything but the Harley Quinn DLC, bought it a long while ago.

That DLC is $10, i'll just buy that lol.

Managed to walk into a local Bestbuy today and found one PS3 copy hidden behind Rock Band. When I checked on line none were available in my area.

My local Best Buy had at least 1 other copy on the shelf. This one always seems to have the game deals I look up. I think that, despite its size, this Best Buy is unpopular for those seeking games as there is a Gamestop 20 feet away on the same plaza. Or something.

hm damn it seems I missed out, the online price is back up to $19.99, and to anybody who wonders, its best to call best buy and not go by what their website tells u, if they have 1 or 2 copies in stock I believe it still says unavailable when u check online.

My local BB said OOS for both the 360 and PS3 versions for the website.  I went to BB yesterday to pick-up my pre-order of Last of Us.  I figured as long as I was there I would look to see if they had any available.  There was one copy of the PS3 and 360 version left so I grabbed the PS3 version.  

Maybe the website lists it OOS when the store gets down to the last copy so that they don't run into an issue of someone ordering it online thinking it's available and then someone like me picking it up 30 seconds beforehand. Don't know that for sure, but it would make sense to me to avoid issues of people ordering things online and not being able to get them. 

My local BB said OOS for both the 360 and PS3 versions for the website. I went to BB yesterday to pick-up my pre-order of Last of Us. I figured as long as I was there I would look to see if they had any available. There was one copy of the PS3 and 360 version left so I grabbed the PS3 version.

Maybe the website lists it OOS when the store gets down to the last copy so that they don't run into an issue of someone ordering it online thinking it's available and then someone like me picking it up 30 seconds beforehand. Don't know that for sure, but it would make sense to me to avoid issues of people ordering things online and not being able to get them.
I believe if its under 3 copies or something it lists out of stock.

My local BB said OOS for both the 360 and PS3 versions for the website. I went to BB yesterday to pick-up my pre-order of Last of Us. I figured as long as I was there I would look to see if they had any available. There was one copy of the PS3 and 360 version left so I grabbed the PS3 version.

I believe if its under 3 copies or something it lists out of stock.
Do you think they do that for used games as well?

Managed to price match the last 360 copy on display 10 mins till closing last night at Target, since my Best Buy goes by the mall closing time. Think that is the best time to do price matches, employee did it without needing a manager and I had to use my smartphone to pull up the price as their ipad was locked up and she wasn't able to access it. Game was marked $19.99 in store, so most should be able to still get it for less with any promotions going on.

That was quick. Ordered this on Friday morning and already received it yesterday, Monday afternoon. I've never seen Best Buy ship something that quick to me.

bread's done
Back