Batman: Arkham Origins Collector's Edition back in stock on Amazon

From the reviews of this thing, it sounds like it's not worth the money.
This. I tried to tell people to be cautious, as Rocksteady Studios didn't develop this one. Turns out it was just a cookie cutter sequel with tacked on multiplayer. It's a good game, it's just nothing overly special like the first two Arkham games.

This. I tried to tell people to be cautious, as Rocksteady Studios didn't develop this one. Turns out it was just a cookie cutter sequel with tacked on multiplayer. It's a good game, it's just nothing overly special like the first two Arkham games.
And what exactly do people need to be cautious of? A great game? Rocksteady isn't the end all be all, ONLY developer that can make a batman game. I enjoyed Origins much more than arkham city. Just because it isn't made by rocksteady doesn't mean it should be avoided. Rocksteady could flub and make a stinker.

For batman fans this game is very special, it's story is much better than that of AA and AC surprisingly. There's more to do, there's more to explore, there's more of everything that made AC special. It felt like origins was genuinely made for batman fans, and there's nothing wrong with that, especially as filler until the next generation batman game.

The multiplayer is also surprisingly good. It's added on for fans and it doesn't take away from the single player because it was developed at another studio. Splash damage. There's NOTHING the multiplayer could have taken away from single player. It's just a bonus, if you don't wanna play it, don't play it, but for batman video game fans it's a dream come true.

I urge anyone on the fence to try it, if you love AA and AC, origins is just as good if not better. There's absolutely no reason to be weary of a different developer in the slightest.

After reading reviews about this, I'm gonna wait until this is below $60...

The statue doesn't look all that great.

The starting price for the game should've been $40 or below considering it's just new maps on a new game.

The starting price for the game should've been $40 or below considering it's just new maps on a new game.

Unless Amazon has another shipment coming whats available now will sell out in a few hours

That's a real shame. Reviews shouldn't alter your decision so much. It's just one persons opinion,that could be wildly different from yours. The game absolutely warrants 60 dollars, even the 120. Way more than the assassins creed or call of duty rehashes every year.

Thanks OP but considering BB sold the documentary Blu-Ray for $6 if you bought it the same time as Batman on Friday or Saturday I'm good not paying the extra $54 plus tax for the statue.

That's a real shame. Reviews shouldn't alter your decision so much. It's just one persons opinion,that could be wildly different from yours. The game absolutely warrants 60 dollars, even the 120. Way more than the assassins creed or call of duty rehashes every year.
I agree - it is a great game. If you liked the previous games, you will love it. If not, move along. Done.

I havent opened mine yet because I am honesty thinking about returning it to Amazon after watching a video review on the Joker statue and waiting on a Black Friday deal from Best Buy because thats how I got my AC CE. In my opinion the UK Batman/Joker statue is much nicer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see people complain on Xbox Live about this game and Assassins Creed, they say they cant see paying that much money for a cheaply made collectors edition or a rehashed game every year that has bad multiplayer. Yet you look at thier game history and they have every single CoD ever made for that console and are maxed level in multiplayer. I havent opened mine yet because I am honesty thinking about returning it to Amazon after watching a video review on the Joker statue. In my opinion the UK Batman/Joker statue is much nicer. My prediction is cone black friday these will be cheap like the AC CE was at Best Buy. Thats why I am not going to open mine yet and I am thinking about returning it. That or put the statue on eBay.

The only place these could possibly be cheap on BF is online; as I have heard no stories about B&M stores carrying them outside GS and Walmart (and preoders at Best Buy). And seeing how Amazon just sold through 500 Xbox 360 and sold ~ 500 PS3 copies in the last 12 hours they most likely won't have any stock come BF unless there is a warehouse full somewhere.... and if that is the case the manufacturer gets an "F" grade for release strategy as it never makes sense to withhold a substantial percentage of units for post release sale when you are sold out of preorders months in advance especially with all the games coming out in the next 1-4 weeks.

But point of my rant is good luck finding this in stores on BF.

Nice rant and thanks. But what I am saying is the Best Buy that is closest to me has a tendancy to overstock these CE because they think they will sell well and they don't. I remember going to Best Buy one day and they had about 40 Halo Reach Legendary Editions sitting on the floor stacked in the main aisle right beside about 20 Gears of War 3 Epic Edition advertising a preorder for Tomb Raider. Get the picture. Lol.

Nice rant and thanks. But what I am saying is the Best Buy that is closest to me has a tendancy to overstock these CE because they think they will sell well and they don't. I remember going to Best Buy one day and they had about 40 Halo Reach Legendary Editions sitting on the floor stacked in the main aisle right beside about 20 Gears of War 3 Epic Edition advertising a preorder for Tomb Raider. Get the picture. Lol.
What is the zip code of that best buy because most didn't stock this particular CE.

Personally, I feel this is an awesome game.  Does it have that new car smell?  No.  But what it does, it does well.  It suffers from classic Part 3 syndrome.  When a game hits the third iteration on the same console it will almost always start to feel samey.  But, the fighting is still as good as ever, the graphics amazing, the sound very good and the story awesome.  There is a lot more put into the detective work for, you know, "The World Greatest Detective".  Sure it is fairly scripted detective work, but it has always been that way - you just feel this time like he is actually figuring things out.

The boss battles have gotten so much better this time, they were limited in game 1, interesting in game 2 and even better in this one.  People complain about the Deathstroke fight, but it isn't that bad if you learn to use Parry as a reaction instead of button spam, you actually learn to become better at a skill.  After that fight I'm able to take on much more challenging groups of thugs.  Deathstroke really feels like he should, He uses a variety of weapons and doesn't pause for long, drawn out monologues - he goes right for the jugular, and uses a variety of tools to do it.  And the initial encounter with the Electrocutioner is classic Batman.  (Not spoilers, the game tells you about those guys like right away)

​The biggest complaints I've seen that are valid is lack of a civilian population, which is explained via a curfew on the city.  And secondly is a lack of an excessive amount of "Easter Eggs" which most people never saw anyways without looking online.  It does have a bunch though, and IGN specifically called it out for that - yet has an entire section dedicated to it in their Wiki (and it isn't a small section, which tells me they were just harder to find).

In the end, if, for example, you are a Gears of War fan and thought part 3 (not going into 4, because I think we all felt that by the fourth game) was nothing but a level pack, then this one will too to you.  How important is breaking new ground to you, and did you get done with Arkham City and want more (Harley's Revenge doesn't count as "more")?  It's refined, however the enemies aren't as mainline if you aren't a comics fan, but they are interesting, and the story is really nice.  It isn't groundbreaking, but third games usually aren't.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back