Batman begins $17.95 [Blu-Ray] Pre-Order

I'd hold off on buying this as you know it's gonna be a trilogy. A trilogy is gonna get a trilogy release sometime in the future.

but then you have to wait 3 years or something just to get the first two movies...in the name of what...spiffier packaging?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']What's the prologue all about?[/quote]

First 6-7 minutes of TDK. That's all.

It was the same thing they showed before, "I Am Legend" in IMAX theaters.

[quote name='Bavgate']First 6-7 minutes of TDK. That's all.

It was the same thing they showed before, "I Am Legend" in IMAX theaters.[/quote]

Ah, ok. Not a big deal, then.

[quote name='imascrub']i don't see any 20% discount in buy.com's price. Showing up as 33.85 for me.[/quote]

DeepDiscount's 20% off sale ended yesterday.

[quote name='TahoeMax']but then you have to wait 3 years or something just to get the first two movies...in the name of what...spiffier packaging?[/QUOTE]
spiffier packaging and a whole LOT cheaper. It'll probably be like 25 bucks for the entire trilogy in 3 years.

[quote name='sparklecopy']spiffier packaging and a whole LOT cheaper. It'll probably be like 25 bucks for the entire trilogy in 3 years.[/quote]

Of course, it will be cheaper. The individual movies will be cheaper by then, too.

[quote name='sparklecopy']spiffier packaging and a whole LOT cheaper. It'll probably be like 25 bucks for the entire trilogy in 3 years.[/quote]

but you'll likely be dead in 2.

[quote name='sparklecopy']spiffier packaging and a whole LOT cheaper. It'll probably be like 25 bucks for the entire trilogy in 3 years.[/QUOTE]

They don't have any plans as of now for a 3rd, so 3 years is pushing it. Try 4/5.

[quote name='TallGuyMe']but you'll likely be dead in 2.[/quote]

And it'll cost $10 in gas to drive to Best Buy and get it. :)

[quote name='exRounder']Which has the TDK Prologue, BTW. Meaning instantly worth buying.[/quote]

Its also on the regular edition. The gift set disc is EXACTLY the same, even the same case.

The Gift Set is really shoddy IMO. Its the regular edition of the movie crammed into the box with the postcards and comic. The only thing that makes the gift set worth it, unless you're a complete fanboy, is the movie cash. Even that may not be worth it depending on your local theatre's admission prices.

I picked up the regular BR edition at Blockbuster today (some of their stores already have both versions on the shelf).

I wouldnt even say that the gift set is "spiffier" packaging. I got to examine the gift set fairly closely today and nothing in that set screams "worth the extra money". In fact, I'd go as far as calling it flimsy.

If you are on the fence at all about the gift set, just get the regular edition. I wanted the gift set until I got to see it opened face to face

[quote name='gameboykid14']So there's no audio commentary?[/quote]

I dont know, I think thats been replaced with the BD Live feature "In Movie Experience". I still havent opened it yet as I dont have time to watch it until the weekend.

bread's done
Back