Batman Begins 2: The Dark Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heath Ledger is a horrible choice imo. but oh well.

I just watched batman begins for the 2nd time, originally I hated it. I dont know what it was, maybe it was the theater i saw it in. (seemed like the film was from a cam job ripped from the net, and the speakers were made of headphone speakers.). It was just a really different feel and I didn't want to like it. But I gave it another chance last night and thought it was great, I still think the original two are better, but I can appreciate the different view of batman now for some reason.

/rant

This is a fucking disaster.. of all the people, they had to go and cast a Brokeback Jester... a CG joker with Hamill's voice would've been much more acceptable than this.

I wouldn't bash the choice until it came out. And if he truly sucks under Nolan's direction(which I'm guessing would be quite hard to do), THEN we'll bash the choice.

Not my favorite choice for the Joker, but I certainly have a lot of faith in Nolan and co. after Batman Begins.

I don't mind Ledger as the Joker as long as he can pull it off - I trust Nolan.

And I was wondering for a while what the sequel would be called, and now, all I have to say is "AWESOME!"

[quote name='dastly75']I have faith in the casting. Same goes for the Topher Grace as Venom.[/quote]

Ahh but Topher Grace has at least proven he can act.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Ahh but Topher Grace has at least proven he can act.[/QUOTE]

When was this? In everything I've seen him in, he just has the same exact personality that made him Eric Forman, which I'm guessing is similar to his real life self. I suppose you can say he can "act", but his versitility will be tested with this role.

[quote name='SMMM']When was this? In everything I've seen him in, he just has the same exact personality that made him Eric Forman, which I'm guessing is similar to his real life self. I suppose you can say he can "act", but his versitility will be tested with this role.[/quote]

So wait Eddie Brock isn't just a slightly more pissed off Eric Forman?

In Good Company was enjoyable, which is far more than I can say for anything staring Heath Ledger.

Bettany would have been my pick too. anyone see him in gangsta no.1? think of the savings in make-up alone -- he's got that pastey white look already. plus he can act

great name im glad they realy take pride on these projects 'exept the joker selection' I think he got the part cause of the brokeback mountain fame and the studio wants money and a hit hopefuly they dont make batman and superman water down to apeal to a mass audience and ruin the franchises AGAIN.

My biggest complaint is the 3 or so years between movies thats way to long 2 years tops would be great.

Batman is a crappy super hero. I mean think about it what are his powers? Can he shoot webs? Didn't think so. Can he fly? Nope. Batman sucks. Face it.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Batman is a crappy super hero. I mean think about it what are his powers? Can he shoot webs? Didn't think so. Can he fly? Nope. Batman sucks. Face it.[/QUOTE]
Batman is the shit and he doesn't need powers to beat somebody's ass.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Ahh but Topher Grace has at least proven he can act.[/quote]

So what you are saying here is that Heath Ledger has not proven he can act, at least not the extent of Topher Grace? Ledger has been in some stinkers, but the dude can act under the right direction.

Haven't seen him play anything like the Joker so have no idea how this one will turn out, hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Batman is a crappy super hero. I mean think about it what are his powers? Can he shoot webs? Didn't think so. Can he fly? Nope. Batman sucks. Face it.[/quote]

Pretty sure you're joking but...

What about superman? Whenever he's in a tight spot, he discovers another super power to get him out of it.

I wouldn't mind seeing the "detective" batman come back.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']I have a feeling they'll change the name before it's released.

Probably to something simple like "Batman Continues" or "Batman Agains" or "Batman Lives"[/QUOTE]

Ooo, my vote goes for "Batman Agains." Best freaking title ever.

[quote name='camoor']Pretty sure you're joking but...

What about superman? Whenever he's in a tight spot, he discovers another super power to get him out of it.

I wouldn't mind seeing the "detective" batman come back.[/quote]

Yaeh, but that's what we love about Superman. You gotta love the writers that have helmed that line for DC as well. Making him go all electric was pure genious.

As the OP mentioned, I can't wait. I haven't been able to stand the wait since the first one was in theatres. I missed on the 2-disc lenticular cover version from BB, but at least I got the 2-disc with the limited comic tee-hee and have watched it probably a half dozen times.

Really, as others have mentioned I don't think that Ledger can pull off the Joker. Not in any shape or form. I'd like to see some casting calls/his audition for the part or at least how he will look in make up, so in truth I can't really say if he will be any service to the role. Still, as others have said, this is Nolan and so I trust in the Nolan and I'm sure he will not do a disservice to the fans.

Just in case some of you haven't seen the Joker....

2014.jpg

Looks fucking creepy. Just the way it should look like.

The Dark Knight is my favorite version of the Batman Comics. This is going to be awesome.

If you don't know about The Dark Knight series. Let me just say I got into it when I was little. I was at a sports card/comic book shop. They had an issue with Batman over the top of some guy beating his head in with a 2x4 that had nails stuck into it. Thats when I began reading the Dark Knight. :)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Just in case some of you haven't seen the Joker....

2014.jpg

Looks fucking creepy. Just the way it should look like.[/QUOTE]

If that's the joker, that's some pretty scarey shit.

Wow...didn't bother to search for "Joker"...I searched for "Dark Knight". I did see this a couple days ago but forgot to post about it, since I searched and didn't get results, I thought by chance no one had posted.

The Dark Knight is my favorite version of the Batman Comics. This is going to be awesome.

If you don't know about The Dark Knight series. Let me just say I got into it when I was little. I was at a sports card/comic book shop. They had an issue with Batman over the top of some guy beating his head in with a 2x4 that had nails stuck into it. Thats when I began reading the Dark Knight. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back