Batman preorder @bestbuy.com

How is this a deal?

$5 off coupon is already available for Amazon which has the game for cheaper + no tax for most and free shipping + ECA!!!

[quote name='mhnajjar']How is this a deal?

[/QUOTE]
You're right, I'm so sorry. I guess I just figured getting some free gift certificates for use on releases I'm looking forward to later this year might just be considered a deal, even if it isn't as glamorous as yours.
:roll:

I hate the way Best Buy does their "point" system ... it's incredibly deceptive for gamers, since the gamer points are different than the regular points and translate into different values. I've seen a couple folks get confused in the past because they thought they were getting 250 gamer points, which is over $10 worth of certificates, when it's actually just BB points which are 250 = $5. I just think the system is convoluted and another reason why Best Buy is usually my last preferred option out of the heavy hitters, aka Amazon, Frys, etc

Yea, I thought they might be trying to pull that one, but it says they're gamer points. So at worst it'll be $10 in certs, not 15. For me though, I'm going to go this route, although it probably isn't the best deal choice for everyone. I'm currently not in oregon, so if I go amazon I get hit by sales tax here in washington, however, if I go to a local best buy, since I'm legally an oregon resident, I can skate past the taxes easily enough.

I don't have ECA either, so for me, the deals are about the same, it's just I save the money later, probably when Dragon Age gets released, instead of now. That and I greatly prefer to pick my games up in store, rather than wait for shipping, unless the deal's just way too good online.

Anyways, people can take it for what it is. Another option just in case someone wishes to use it.

[quote name='etcrane']I hate the way Best Buy does their "point" system ... it's incredibly deceptive for gamers, since the gamer points are different than the regular points and translate into different values. I've seen a couple folks get confused in the past because they thought they were getting 250 gamer points, which is over $10 worth of certificates, when it's actually just BB points which are 250 = $5. I just think the system is convoluted and another reason why Best Buy is usually my last preferred option out of the heavy hitters, aka Amazon, Frys, etc[/QUOTE]

I hate Best Buy, period.

Sorry I could not help it.

I was about to jump on this since Amazon charges tax in new york and having to wait 2 weeks for free shipping really sucks. Are we sure In-Store pickup will work for this deal?

[quote name='Maskim']Yea, I thought they might be trying to pull that one, but it says they're gamer points. So at worst it'll be $10 in certs, not 15. For me though, I'm going to go this route, although it probably isn't the best deal choice for everyone. I'm currently not in oregon, so if I go amazon I get hit by sales tax here in washington, however, if I go to a local best buy, since I'm legally an oregon resident, I can skate past the taxes easily enough.

I don't have ECA either, so for me, the deals are about the same, it's just I save the money later, probably when Dragon Age gets released, instead of now. That and I greatly prefer to pick my games up in store, rather than wait for shipping, unless the deal's just way too good online.

Anyways, people can take it for what it is. Another option just in case someone wishes to use it.[/QUOTE]

This has been discussed ad nauseum in other threads.

TECHNICALLY, the Gamer Club does not have points. Gamers Club only tracks dollars spent on Video Games. Once you reach a total of $150 in Video Game purchases, a bonus is credited to your normal Reward Zone account. Gamers Club does not keep track of points, but the dollars spent are converted into BONUSES for the regular program.

When BB runs a promotion stating "bonus points", they are INDEED only giving you $5. The bonus in this case is only rewarded if you're a Gamer's Club member AND will appear as a "Gamer's Club Bonus Points" on your normal account.

HOWEVER, these points never show up as Gamer's Club dollars. Only the purchases made in video games does.

Therefore, you're getting $5 extra, plus the credit for buying the game (cost paid before tax) in both Reward Zone points *AND* the dollars spent for Gamer's Club.

Best Buy throws around points for both, but as someone pointed out to me in other threads--- for Gamer's Club--- they're not points.

bread's done
Back