Batman the Animated Series Complete Set Pre-Order Sale - $75.99

(skipping the flames because I simply enjoyed all of the seasons and want all of them).

Here's my questions. I own volumes 1-4 of the animated series. Does this box set give me more than what I already own? Am I missing any volumes?

Thanks. The bonus features are attractive but probably not $76 attractive (not to mention having duplicates). So this box set covers the entire series, including the "batman/robin adventures"?

[quote name='h0mi']Thanks. The bonus features are attractive but probably not $76 attractive (not to mention having duplicates). So this box set covers the entire series, including the "batman/robin adventures"?[/QUOTE]Yup, this covers the stuff that was originally aired as "The Adventures of Batman & Robin" (they simply re-titled the show when it was moved to Saturday mornings), as well as the later episodes that aired as part of the "The Batman/Superman Adventures" programming block.

Don't get any of this confused with "The Batman" though... that's an entirely different series.

Damn this thing goes for a lot of money now. Should've gotten it when it was first announced. What all would I miss out on if I just bought the 4 sets separately?

[quote name='genfuyung']Damn this thing goes for a lot of money now. Should've gotten it when it was first announced. What all would I miss out on if I just bought the 4 sets separately?[/QUOTE]
Well, I've seen it at Target for 84.99. It makes me wonder if I could buy one and flip it on the Amazon marketplace to pay for my own copy.

I'm very disappointed this got discontinued so soon. I was planning on buying it but had no idea this would happen. There's no way I'm paying more than double for this though.

[quote name='Greenboom98']What the? Sad....really wanted this but its outrages that I'll pay that much for this.
transparent_pixel.gif

[/quote]

Well i'll bet you will pay it - and its worth it.. i paid a little less though afraid guys, thanks to the bay!

Saint

I got fucked over by Deep Discount when they had this and the order was in limbo for a month and then DD finally cancelled. Assholes.

[quote name='maximus101']I got fucked over by Deep Discount when they had this and the order was in limbo for a month and then DD finally cancelled. Assholes.[/QUOTE]

Happened to me too. I should've ordered it from Amazon after that considering I couldn't find it on the WHV shop. I figured I'd just wait until tax returns. :wall:

Today I went to 6 Targets, 3 Best Buys, 2 fyes, and 2 Newbury Comics. Pretty safe to safe that my area is 100% absent of retail copies. :whistle2:/

I swung by another fye after giving up on the set and they had it! $99.99. More than Amazon, but still cheaper than MSRP and current secondary marketplace prices. It was at the Emerald Square Mall in Attleboro, MA for those interested though I think I snaked the last copy.

Also, don't waste your time with moviesunlimited.com. After my last post I tried placing and order, but five days later I got the OOS and OOP email.

There are no BTAS Complete Sets in all of Houston. I've checked every Best Buy and Frys and no one has it. Hey WB, how about taking a freaking hint and reprinting these?

It's been a couple months for me but I also found mine at a Target (seems like most people just don't think to shop for a complete animated series there). If anyone is having trouble finding one just shoot me a PM I'd be happy enough to pick one up and send it out at cost.

EDIT:
I just checked my local Targets and they're all out so I'll be unable to pick one up for anyone. If I stumble across a set though I'll post a new message in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I followed the Target advice and hit up four Targets to no avail. I have a feeling that these are going to go up even more in price the longer I wait so fleabay here I come. Sigh.

If anybody hasn't tried Target, give it a try. The DPCI number is 058-21-0281. Have them check this number and see what pops out. My store was the only one who had one. If any store has one it might be in the stockroom. Have them check the stockroom because they might be back there even though the count was "0" - None in stock. They could check each stores with the PDA they have and see. Good luck for those who are looking for it.

Hey there, thanks for the folks who checked their local stores and for the person who posted the product number. I was able to find a couple of these at different stores in the SJ, Bay Area region. Picked one up this evening at the Target on Story Rd. $92 after tax, but better than the $150 to $200 these seem to be going for on Amazon. (Curse WB and their canceled orders on these btw, I could have gotten it for closer to $50 if they'd fulfilled all the orders on their site)

Some guy was selling all 4 volumes on amazon for $65 in "prestine" condition, so I bought that. What's the difference between buying the sets themselves and not the "Complete Series" box set?

Mostly the case and extra dvd with a 22 minute overview of the Series' history. It's not a huge difference, but having gotten a hold of the Complete set, it's pretty impressive. Although it's kind of a weird comparison, this is the equivalent of something like the Sex & the City Complete series set ... not much added other than an extra disc, but it's nice having it in a sleek, small package. I may hunt down a second one of these, still debating.

[quote name='etcrane']Hey there, thanks for the folks who checked their local stores and for the person who posted the product number. I was able to find a couple of these at different stores in the SJ, Bay Area region. Picked one up this evening at the Target on Story Rd. $92 after tax, but better than the $150 to $200 these seem to be going for on Amazon. (Curse WB and their canceled orders on these btw, I could have gotten it for closer to $50 if they'd fulfilled all the orders on their site)[/quote]

Nice to hear people were able to find this since it's OOP already. Damn WB and their crap. Hopefully more people will be able to find this still in stores.

Weak. I mentioned this 29 minutes earlier in the other thread for Superman/JL. This pre-order was on Amazon at the beginning of the month and they took it off. I have seen a few reports that the re-release was actually canceled. Does anyone have any additional information on this? I find it very interesting that Amazon doesn't have the product available.

[quote name='Greenboom98']Nice to hear people were able to find this since it's OOP already. Damn WB and their crap. Hopefully more people will be able to find this still in stores.[/QUOTE]

This is OOP already? It wasn't even out that long was it?

[quote name='sendme']This is OOP already? It wasn't even out that long was it?[/QUOTE]

Came out last November. Either there was a small run, or there was high demand...or both. Either way, it looks like it stuck up to the "collector's" designation for once.

[quote name='sendme']This is OOP already? It wasn't even out that long was it?[/QUOTE]

yep, wish i bought it at target when i saw four of them in march

bread's done
Back