Batman the Animated Series Volumes 1-4 $17.99 on Amazon

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!
Feedback
136 (99%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I jumped on this last night when I saw it. I, too, had them sitting on my wish list for a while. Not bad getting them for $18.49/$18.99 after they have been sitting up at $30 for a while. I already had season one from Amazon for about $19 I think earlier in the year, so this completes my set.

They do seem to be consistently more than the Superman Animated Series seasons are. Maybe they have more episodes--not really sure other than that.

That's the cheapest I've seen them. I had them in my cart for awhile waiting on a price drop bellow $20 an there it is. Season 1 is still $30, but you can get it from WBShop for $18 plus free shipping. But their shipping is slow.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_18?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=batman+the+animated+series&sprefix=Batman+the+animate%2Caps%2C342

They do seem to be consistently more than the Superman Animated Series seasons are. Maybe they have more episodes--not really sure other than that.
No, it's just more in demand. Many, many people buy B:TAS but not Superman, Beyond, or either Justice League series. Also the reason why the Complete Series set is jacked up in price while the others are about normal price

I wonder why then that I can never find Batman the Animated Series at my Best Buys but those other ones are always in stock. The only thing I can think of is because the Man of Steel movie recently came out, but I'd assume they would just keep all DCAU together.

No, it's just more in demand. Many, many people buy B:TAS but not Superman, Beyond, or either Justice League series. Also the reason why the Complete Series set is jacked up in price while the others are about normal price

Walmart have had S1 for $20 MSRP forever but since they've been updating their stock it dipped to $9 I scored the others @ B&N during a b2g1 w/sale prices.

CCC says it V1 was $13.95 back in May (sounds fishy; too good)?  Almost jumped on this but it looks like all of them were cheaper at some point, especially around Christmas.  Been meaning to pick these up but I'll see what this holiday brings.

While the design changes were up and down, you could argue Volume 4 was the most consistently excellent set. It certainly helped that it got more violent.

While the design changes were up and down, you could argue Volume 4 was the most consistently excellent set. It certainly helped that it got more violent.
It also has the "Legends of the Dark Knight" episode, which is incredibly awesome to watch if you're a big Bat-fan like me.

Thanks OP, ordered vol 1-4 since I had boatloads of credit. This with the Justice League blus will make for some nice watching.

It also has the "Legends of the Dark Knight" episode, which is incredibly awesome to watch if you're a big Bat-fan like me.
Thats also on the blu ray for Gotham Knights. It came with 4 episodes of BTAS, got it from Blockbuster for like $4. Worth it for the BTAS cartoons. That was an awesome episode.

The odds of seeing 1-4 for 18 total are pretty much  nil.  Like Jodou said you may see them a little cheaper but this is a great price.  If I didn't own the collector's set I would bite.

If you like Batman and don't have this set pick it up!  It's a good price for 2-4 and you can pick up season 1 for $20 at various other places.  For some reason that season is usually cheaper or on sale.  Excellent series, storytelling, artwork, characters.........great stuff.  The series that jumpstarted all the superhero animated series.

:bow:

bread's done
Back