Batman: The Motion Picture Anthology

nintendolink007

CAGiversary!
Well i just saw as i was looking around amazon that they are gonna re-release this and for you people who have blu-ray, i wish i did, they are releasing it. Its suppose to be out next tuesday and so far Amazon, for standard collection, is having it for 50 bucks.....anyone got a look at the next weeks ads to know if we will be seeing it cheaper?

Might as well get it on BD if the DVD version is 55. That's a lot! Will probably pick this up on the 10th. Its my Bday so I'm going to treat myself! LOL :whistle2:D

By the way any other deals on the BD Batman Anthology? Cheapest I've seen is on amazon for 88.99. Think this will be the cheapest place to get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want the Blu Ray so bad but i dont have a blu ray player yet......getting a bonus from work later this month to pick up a Playstation 3 so eventually i will get them....of course 80 bucks is outragious...but of course this is batman it dont surpise me WB is doing that....look at what Marvel did for Spiderman on Blu Ray. Right now im gonna search for a cheaper price then 50 bucks. Blu Ray is rather expensive and i dont think it will be my mainstream format till the prices get cheaper which will take years. Although really bluray wont be a priority since really the format is great for people who have 32in or higher HDTV, since i picked up my first HDTV that is only 19in. So for now, im just sticking with standard DVD and get only a few Bluray DVDS that are well worth the extra 10-15 bucks a pop.

Hopefully Batman and Superman 'Toons will eventually be re-released in bluray.

[quote name='nintendolink007']Well i just saw as i was looking around amazon that they are gonna re-release this and for you people who have blu-ray, i wish i did, they are releasing it. Its suppose to be out next tuesday and so far Amazon, for standard collection, is having it for 50 bucks.....anyone got a look at the next weeks ads to know if we will be seeing it cheaper?
pixel.gif

[/quote]

Thanks for the share. I don't think it will be any cheaper.

Saint

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheSaint11']Thanks for the share. I don't think it will be any cheaper.

Saint[/QUOTE]

No Problem. It was a last min note i almost missed. The price is alot better then whats running on eBay, but im still looking for deals and will pick up the DVD set. I guess i'll just wait for the blu-rays to be cheaper and just get those down the road, which probably wont be for awhile.

I picked up the anthology on DVD when it was originally released. I remember I searched everywhere for it and found one copy for $49 at Target, then never saw it again in a store. I just recently sold that set for $79 on ebay when I heard they were releasing a Bluray anthology. It looks like that money will go straight to the new Bluray set.

Hi All,

Get the BD for under $60+ tax at Warnerbros.com (click shop). Use code FBBM9. may need 2 items in cart for it to work. Free S&H for orders of $50+. Standard said around $47-25% coupon is $35.25 roughly + tax. Enjoy!

I just bought the dvd set a little while ago. I thought " Nah the last two were not that bad, people are just to critical"... And holy shit, I never want to see those again. I questioned the human race multiple times during the film.

What Im getting at is, Buy the single blurays instead of the pack. There cant be anyone on earth who one night thinks" Ohh I could go for some Mr. Freeze or some jim carrey riddler right now, so good."

[quote name='sarienanj']Hi All,

Get the BD for under $60+ tax at Warnerbros.com (click shop). Use code FBBM9. may need 2 items in cart for it to work. Free S&H for orders of $50+. Standard said around $47-25% coupon is $35.25 roughly + tax. Enjoy![/quote]

Tried that code FBBM9 with only two items and it says code unknown...Really good price if I could use that code.

[quote name='shadowrage']The FBBM9 is the February code, there should be a new one for March but I haven't seen it posted anywhere.[/quote]

Thankz! I'm hyped about getting this set for for 89 is a tad bit too much. :whistle2:D

[quote name='Lice']I just bought the dvd set a little while ago. I thought " Nah the last two were not that bad, people are just to critical"... And holy shit, I never want to see those again. I questioned the human race multiple times during the film.

What Im getting at is, Buy the single blurays instead of the pack. There cant be anyone on earth who one night thinks" Ohh I could go for some Mr. Freeze or some jim carrey riddler right now, so good."[/QUOTE]

i completely agree. in fact i think only the first movie is any good anyway (rocket launching penguins? cmon...)

[quote name='Lice']I just bought the dvd set a little while ago. I thought " Nah the last two were not that bad, people are just to critical"... And holy shit, I never want to see those again. I questioned the human race multiple times during the film.

What Im getting at is, Buy the single blurays instead of the pack. There cant be anyone on earth who one night thinks" Ohh I could go for some Mr. Freeze or some jim carrey riddler right now, so good."[/quote]

I had never seen the last one until I purchased all four films on the cheap. I agree; it is an atrocity commited against humanity. However, owning all of them gives you a nice set of documentaries on the films, and the fourth movie's docu includes a lot of info about the reasons behind the suck (toy companies, studio demands, etc.) It's a worthwhile set of documentaries for those interested in background info and extras, but if you're interested in just the movies, then you definitely only need the first two films.

I can't wait to get my hands on my blu-ray copy of Batman and Robin... I think it might be one of Arnold's finest performances, right behind his role in Kindergarten Cop. Who can forget such classic lines as "Let's kick some ice", "Ice to see you", and my personal favorite, "Everybody chill"?

Puts Heath Ledger's go as the Joker to shame.

/sarcasm

Thanks for pointing this out- I didn't even realize the Anthology was being re-released. I'll be picking one up.

Well i looked everywhere to get a copy of the set.....could not find the regular edition anywhere. The only place that had it was Target but they had the Blu-Ray set for 89 bucks. So i just finished ordering it from WBshop.com for 51 dollars including tax and shipping. So i have to wait a week *sigh* but at least i did pick up Smallville Season 7 from Best Buy for 19.99, so im happy.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']What code did you use to drop the price? I'd pick that up in a heartbeat at that price.[/quote]

Same here. I've been looking to get it less than 80 but so far no luck. Let us know please LOL :whistle2:D

I think he bought the dvd set. One guy on the highdefdigest boards got a special code to get the BD for $6o but he's not sharing it.

But if you use DEFWBP at wbshop.com you get 25% off.

currently have the bluray at 59.97 shipped at wbstore.. (standard 20% off plus a bday coupon that stacks)..

thinking about it....$15 a movie plus i think they charge sales tax...

guyver can you share the coupon code?

$60 for the set is a deal. The matrix box hasn't dropped much since it was released.

[quote name='shadowrage']I think he bought the dvd set. One guy on the highdefdigest boards got a special code to get the BD for $6o but he's not sharing it.

But if you use DEFWBP at wbshop.com you get 25% off.[/quote]

That only saves me $5 from what its listed. It takes the 20% already applied off and then adds the 25%. Guyver can you spare the code for the BR???

[quote name='shadowrage']Bump for someone to share the March code. Pretty please?[/quote]

The code DEFWBP you supplied me got me 25% off but it nullified the 20% that was already applied. I was really hoping Guyver would share the $60 coupon after he guaranteed himself a set. :cry:

I just have to wonder why WB is treating these movies like some sort of prestigious thing? The DVD set is overpriced and the Blu-ray set is insanely overpriced. Why not individual releases for these over here? Why are they treating these 4 movies like they are actually worth this much?

Also, I think guvyer's code he has is a one time use code so it likely can't be shared.

[quote name='dg7md']

Also, I think guvyer's code he has is a one time use code so it likely can't be shared.[/QUOTE]
That would be new for Warner, they issue a birthday code every month, they have done so for the past two years. Last month the code was FBBM9, and anyone could use it. No one has posted this months code yet, which sucks because this one actually stacks with another discount.

I love on Warner's store, they show the list price as $99.95 yet on Amazon, the list is something crazy like $129.95.

Does Amazon make this stuff up as they go along?
At ~ 30% off of a $99.95 list would have been a no brainer for me.

[quote name='crazynater']I picked up the anthology on DVD when it was originally released. I remember I searched everywhere for it and found one copy for $49 at Target, then never saw it again in a store. I just recently sold that set for $79 on ebay when I heard they were releasing a Bluray anthology. It looks like that money will go straight to the new Bluray set.[/QUOTE]

interesting how long ago did you sell it.....I too bought @ target for the same price. I am selling mine to basically just get batman, returns and forever...i wont get the abomination. However the blu-ray set has the special features on each movies disc, or a seperate disc? i mean cuz if thats the case maybe i'll jump on individuals.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']a seller on ebay had 5 copies on bluray they are selling for $69.99 plus $3 shipping sealed.

edit: 69.99 each.[/quote]

Name of seller??? Link????

Looks Canadian to me...

http://cgi.ebay.com/BATMAN-ANTHOLOG...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

GUYVER!!!!!! Care to share the code if you're not planning on using it or have used it already? The intro 20% off expires soon and we'd love to be able to stack it.

I'm kinda disappointed someone other than a CAGr posted the stackable code. Thanks to Goodguy818 on Blu-ray.com

XB392 - 25% off

picked up batman box for $60 shipped + tax. Awesome.

I thought I would bump because the deal is so good.

It appears to be a one time use code, but I signed out as a guest using a different email and managed to get the discount again.

I got the 3 upcoming HBO series sets(BD) for about $35 each shipped(not including tax). Very cool.

Where the fuck do you enter codes on the WB site? I went through all 4 screens and never saw anything, and ended up placing an order for it at $80

[quote name='shadowrage']I'm kinda disappointed someone other than a CAGr posted the stackable code. Thanks to Goodguy818 on Blu-ray.com

XB392 - 25% off

picked up batman box for $60 shipped + tax. Awesome.[/quote]

It won't stack for me.

I enter the code and it only takes the 25% and not the 20% as well.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']It won't stack for me.

I enter the code and it only takes the 25% and not the 20% as well.[/quote]

This. I finally found where to enter codes (in the shopping cart, not while placing the order, wtf), and it only takes off $5.

I guess you can't even cancel your order online, so now I have to wait for it to come to me and refuse delivery or some bullshit

[quote name='lolwut?']This. I finally found where to enter codes (in the shopping cart, not while placing the order, wtf), and it only takes off $5.

I guess you can't even cancel your order online, so now I have to wait for it to come to me and refuse delivery or some bullshit[/QUOTE]
If it hasn't shipped yet you might be able to use this link to submit a cancel request.
http://www.wbshop.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-WB-Site/default/Page-ContactUs

If anyone is still looking for a deal on the set Amazon UK has it for under $50 shipped, and it is region free - All Warner Blu-rays are region free
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Pict...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1237903685&sr=8-2

If link doesn't work search for "Batman Legacy Blu-ray".

well i got my set today after waiting for two and a half weeks........and now i'll have to wait again. Cause the dvds inside sound broken so now im gonna just return it without opening it. I'm gonna say the heck with it and wait for a blu-ray player and get the blu-rays. I'm quite disappointed on how long it took to ship and when it did, and im sure it wasnt their fault, but the disc were left on my porch almost walked over it cause how small it was.

Just a word of warning.
WB finally shipped my Batman Anthology Blu-Ray and on the invoice, they charged me full price.
I have my original email from WB with the discounted price but you may want to double check yours.

[quote name='Zimmy']Just a word of warning.
WB finally shipped my Batman Anthology Blu-Ray and on the invoice, they charged me full price.
I have my original email from WB with the discounted price but you may want to double check yours.[/QUOTE]

my shipping invoice said the same thing....however,

1. checking my account at the WB store, my order says 59.97

2. my credit card has a WB store charge of 59.97.

Check your credit card charge....

[quote name='shadowrage']If it hasn't shipped yet you might be able to use this link to submit a cancel request.
http://www.wbshop.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-WB-Site/default/Page-ContactUs[/quote]

Tried that right away, didn't work. Apparently there is no number you can call for support :roll:

I did get an email back though saying the following:

"Thank you for your inquiry.

Unfortunately, your order has already processed and is on its way now. There is no way for me to cancel this at this time. However I have issued a credit to your account for the 25% discount. The credit will be $19.99 plus tax. This credit will appear in 3-5 business days."

It sounds promising, but I don't know if it means I'll get $20 back on my card or $20 in credit at their store. It sounds like the store, but I can't find anywhere where it says credit, so I have no idea. Anyone else know?

I haven't checked my credit card yet but the customer service rep said he put through the $20 credit on my card.
We'll see.

[quote name='Zimmy']I haven't checked my credit card yet but the customer service rep said he put through the $20 credit on my card.
We'll see.[/quote]

Hmm. Be sure to update this thread with anything you find out. I'll have to keep an eye on my account as well.

bread's done
Back