Battalion Wars and Fire Emblem PoR $15 Each at Target (Non-Clearance?)

Gothic Walrus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Geez, it's been a long time since I've posted...Stupid college.

A quick search through the forums didn't yield anything, and I didn't see this mentioned in the Target clearance thread, so forgive me if this is old news.

On a trip to a Target in Madison Heights, MI, I found copies of Batallion Wars and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance marked for $15 each. What took me by surprise was the fact that neither one of the games was marked as being on clearance. In fact, they were both in the game case and had the correct price stickers in front of them. This is a Target that's been good about marking games down in the past, mind you.

I'm almost wondering if this is part of a universal price drop, but seeing as Nintendo hasn't hit the $15 price point with Player's Choice for years (ever?), it seemed out of place. I'm also wondering if Chibi Robo would have been included; alas, it wasn't anywhere to be found in the store.

I know these games have been dropping in price everywhere, but as I said, I hadn't seen this mentioned on the site anywhere. Besides...I've still never contributed a worthwhile deal, so I wanted to give it a shot now. :D

I think deals should be posted seperately anyways. It's difficult to go digging through long threads for deals. this is a good chance for those to find it if you haven't already.

I'm pretty sure it was a universal price cut at Target, I saw the price cut a week or two ago but my store and the surrounding stores were mostly out of them. Find it quick, they most likely won't be replenished.

I might have to try out fire emblem at this price.

Hopefully this is a new price point for players choice, at least on their older systems. In the past, they always had cartridges, which I think cost more to produce than the mini-discs they use now. I would guess the cost for them is similar to dvds which is just a few dollars each.

[quote name='scottman']I might have to try out fire emblem at this price.

Hopefully this is a new price point for players choice, at least on their older systems. In the past, they always had cartridges, which I think cost more to produce than the mini-discs they use now. I would guess the cost for them is similar to dvds which is just a few dollars each.[/QUOTE]
Considering that Mario Baseball and Super Mario Strikers went down to the $30 price that Smash Brothers and Mario Kart are at, I'm inclined to say this isn't the case. Beyond that, we haven't seen any other Player's Choice games drop, and the GBA lineup is still at $20 as well.

Still, the $15 price for those two games (and Chibi Robo, when it's actually in stock) seems to be awfully widespread. It could be entirely coincidental (heck, look at Beyond Good and Evil), but I don't think any of us really know. :)

Might just be a case of stores dropping the price to stay competitive since everyone else dropped it. Fire Emblem is definitely becomming hard to find since the price drop...Battalion Wars is still fairly easy to come by. Chibi Robo was never easy to find, although I did manage to grab a copy at Sears.

bread's done
Back