Battle of the Donuts: Krispy Kreme VS. Dunkin Donuts

anomynous

Banned
IMG_1780.jpg

VS.

donuts.jpg

FIGHT

Dunkin Donuts FTW

Both suck, but Krispy Kreme tastes like it was created with a chemistry set.

Voted for Dunkin.

Krispy Creams make me sick. I'd never had them until I moved to KC. After coming here I spent about 2 years randomly getting ill in the evening. I finally put it together that I was geting sick on days I had Krispy Cream in the morning. So...Duncan Donuts for me (actually no donuts for me but by default DD wins for not making me sick.)

T

Here's another reason Dunkin wins:

We (me & my friends) went up to KK at 10 p.m. and ordered 3 donuts at the drive through. The lady gave them to us for free. We then drove around again to try to get some more. When we pulled up she recognized us, and charged us for both times. What a bitch.

:lol: :lol:

That's a true story, but I'm kidding about her being a bitch.

[quote name='anomynous']Here's another reason Dunkin wins:

We (me & my friends) went up to KK at 10 p.m. and ordered 3 donuts at the drive through. The lady gave them to us for free. We then drove around again to try to get some more. When we pulled up she recognized us, and charged us for both times. What a bitch.

:lol: :lol:

That's a true story, but I'm kidding about her being a bitch.[/quote]

The free sampling is only another reason to vote for KK, when you think about it. :)

Oh, and you should've at least switched drivers. Wouldn't have hurt.

[quote name='primetime']The free sampling is only another reason to vote for KK, when you think about it. :)

Oh, and you should've at least switched drivers. Wouldn't have hurt.[/QUOTE]
And the fact that we were laughing the whole time into the little drive through thing didn't help

They both taste about the same to me (on the rare occasion that I actually have either) so I don't see what the deal is w/ KK or DD (though I did grow up eating Dunkin Donuts).

[quote name='anomynous']And the fact that we were laughing the whole time into the little drive through thing didn't help[/quote]

Ah, you gotta play it cool. You'll get her next time though :lol:

[quote name='primetime']Ah, you gotta play it cool. You'll get her next time though :lol:[/QUOTE]
And the thing is there are no Dunkin Donuts around here. I only have it when I go to NY every year

[quote name='fart_bubble']neither, I'll take any of the local bakeries over either of the two[/quote]

true that theres nothing better than local bakeries baked goods but if you cant get those then its krispy kreme for the win. the only thing i ever liked at dunkin doughnuts were the filled holes they sold. a box of those can be good on a late night but ive never been a fan of cake doughnuts. but in all reality a good pie or cheese cake will kick a doughnuts ass anyday.

I've lived in MA all my life, where there's a Dunkin Donuts on every corner. Honestly, their donuts aren't that good. Their coffee is good, and their muffins are great, but their Donuts? Usually a little stale and dry, and hardly delectable. They don't even make the donuts at their stores. They're made at factories, and then trucked to their various stores on large racks, already hours old by the time they've reached the stores.

Krispy Kreme opened their stores here a few years ago (and then closed them a year later), and I have to tell you, it was a personal donut epiphany. Their donuts are moist and delicious, and if you get one hot and fresh right out of the fryer, my god. There's nothing more pleasurable than biting into a hot KK donut.

KK, by far.

[quote name='evilmax17']
Krispy Kreme opened their stores here a few years ago (and then closed them a year later), and I have to tell you, it was a personal donut epiphany. Their donuts are moist and delicious, and if you get one hot and fresh right out of the fryer, my god. There's nothing more pleasurable than biting into a hot KK donut.

KK, by far.[/QUOTE]
Theres a reason why you can't throw a rock without hitting a closed down Krispy Kreme in the Boston area. Dunkin Donuts completely murdered them, and is now moving into the midwest.

The donuts are not the main item for any of these chains. Its the coffee. Dunkin had the superior coffee, KK's sucked. Game over.

The ones that make their donuts on site are better, and the ones that get theirs trucked in several times a day, are good. The ones that either get low volume or are far away are the ones that get one delivery in the morning, and the same stale donuts at night. These are usually the hole in the wall locations at train stations, in gas stations, etc.

Is this for Coffee? Donuts? or both?
Coffee-hands down D&D
Donuts- Krispy Kreme
and both I would pick D&D because I drink coffee more than eat donuts

KK around here.

Although it looks like Krispy Kreme as a whole is not doing good financially. I predict by next year that the entire chain is out of business.

They both suck. You wouldn't go and get a real hamburger at McDonalds or Burger King so why would you get a real doughnut at those two places? The local places shit all over both of them.

[quote name='fart_bubble']neither, I'll take any of the local bakeries over either of the two[/QUOTE]

True for the most part. Some local bakeries are lackluster, and some are fuckin' amazing.

If I had to choose, there still isn't a choice. KK only does one donut (glazed) very well, and it's only good if it's within an hour or two of coming out of the oven. That's a tiny window of opportunity.

DD is pretty good, but I don't think I've had a dunkin' donut in years. I do miss my mom buying a giant box of the munchkins to shut us up when driving to get to a vacation destination, FWIW. Chocolate munchkins FTMFW.

I've never seen a DD before, but KKs are plentiful around here. I'll vote for Chinese Food/ Donut place FTW! :lol: Worst combo ever.

I don't see how there can be any question.
While Dunkin Donuts are by no means the best donuts in the world, they are miles above the insanely sugary pieces of shit that Krispy Kreme turns out.

Dunkin Donuts wins this battle but I always find that the independant family owned donut places have the best donuts.

RIP Donut Shoppe.

Krispy Kreme donuts are small, sugar laced, fatty, and lacking in a taste that doesn't make you sick after eating more than 1. Dunkin Donuts has more variety, larger, not laced with sugar or fat, and some great stand outs like the chocolate cake donut, the boston creme, jelly, crispy crunch, etc. Dunkin Donuts OWNS Krispy Kreme.

[quote name='J7.']Krispy Kreme donuts are small, sugar laced, fatty, and lacking in a taste that doesn't make you sick after eating more than 1. Dunkin Donuts has more variety, larger, not laced with sugar or fat, and some great stand outs like the chocolate cake donut, the boston creme, jelly, crispy crunch, etc. Dunkin Donuts OWNS Krispy Kreme.[/QUOTE]

I am afraid to inform you that DD has just as much sugar and fat as a KK doughnut does.

[quote name='Blitz']I am afraid to inform you that DD has just as much sugar and fat as a KK doughnut does.[/QUOTE]

If it's any aid, a DD glazed has 0g of Transfat while a KK has 4g.

[quote name='Moxio']If it's any aid, a DD glazed has 0g of Transfat while a KK has 4g.[/QUOTE]

That's because it's made out of paper.

The rest of KK's lineup beats DD's as well. DD's Boston Kreme? Shit. DD's cruellers? Less than shit.

I can't think of one thing that DD beats KK at food-wise, except for the croissant sandwiches, and then I'd rather go to BK.

Krispy Kreme is #1!

I will give DD credit for their delicious muffins (pumpkin muffin season!), but I never enjoyed their donuts. Ever.

bread's done
Back