Battle of the Sexes, Who lies more? Men or Women?

wildcpac

Banned
I am going to make a long story really short. I met a girl about 6 months ago. Her and I talked on the phone this past Friday in which she invited me out to Cali to come visit her. This past week I emailed her once and never heard back. I go on FB today to realize that she is visiting Mr Perfect out in Boston. I called her to ask what was up and she told me she was moving out to Boston and that she had met this guy a month ago and liked him.

I am not pissed that I got rejected. I was only after one thing which was the obvious. I am pissed that she is a liar and played games. Thank god I never put all of my eggs into one basket. I just cant believe women always complain about men lying, cheating and playing games. Especially when women expect Men to do so. You would think that Women would have a little more class.

This is why I do not date, nor believe in monogamy or marriage.

I feel for ya, but I would have to say it's pretty equal, the problem is when either the man or woman decides to start playing games and not being honest up front, and I've seen it from both guys and girls.

I think Chris Rock said it best:

Who are the biggest liars, men or women?
-Men!
-Women!
Men lie the most, women tell the biggest lies.

Men, we lie all the time. We lie so much, it's damn near a language. lt's like, to call a man out for lying
is like playing basketball with a retarded kid and calling him for double dribble. You gotta let some shit slide.

Men, we lie all the time. You know what a man's lie is like? A man's lie is like, ''l was at Tony's house. ''l'm at Kenny's house.'' That's a man's lie.

A women's lie is like, ''lt's your baby.''

[quote name='niceguyshawne']

A women's lie is like, ''lt's your baby.''[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:s The hell it is...I wore a raincoat!!!

[quote name='ITDEFX']:whistle2:s The hell it is...I wore a raincoat!!![/QUOTE]

Raincoats can't protect ya in a hurricane. Just sayin'...

[quote name='ITDEFX']:whistle2:s The hell it is...I wore a raincoat!!![/QUOTE]

Thats not 100% boy-o. Birth control + Raincoat = 100%.

Both men and women lie a ton. Depends on the person more than the gender.

Although I do lie a lot... I mean, a lot.

men exaggerate and women do their best to avoid shit or keep it under wraps. thats why you always ask a chick up front if you want to know something so you can avoid future surprises and the " well you never asked me" excuse.

and op its ok to be hurt over it if you were willing to go to cali to see her there were sme level of feelings or interest there on your side of things. internet shit is fickle especially nowdays.

[quote name='seanr1221']So your online relationship didn't work out?[/QUOTE]

Wasn't online, I knew her in real life. She just lived in another state and I hadn't seen her in awhile.

[quote name='wildcpac'] I go on FB today to realize that she is visiting Mr Perfect out in Boston..[/QUOTE]

curthennig.jpg

A man will rip you off on the price of car he is selling you, a woman will sell you a house and then offer it to another buyer after you move in. after you've lived there for years.

Any women who meets a guy online then moves the entire way across the country to be with him within a month is batshit crazy, be thankful Mr. Perfect saved your ass from that huge bucket of nutso with a side order of psycho-clingy.

[quote name='Donkey132']just be happy you found out what kind of person she is sooner rather than later.[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause: I always seem to find the ones who 'love me for who I am', then start trying to subtly change everything about me. I am NOT a fuckin' project for you to work on 'fixing'. I LIKE how I dress, what I drive and who I hang around with.

Oh and Donkey, nice avatar.;)
[quote name='zionoverfire']Any women who meets a guy online then moves the entire way across the country to be with him within a month is batshit crazy, be thankful Mr. Perfect saved your ass from that huge bucket of nutso with a side order of psycho-clingy.[/QUOTE]
:rofl: So true.

"I was only after one thing which was the obvious."

Yeah, you really shouldn't be pissed at all then. She did the right thing moving away to pursue a relationship.Why are so many of you going to bat for the OP? This is too funny.

[quote name='wildcpac'] I called her to ask what was up and she told me she was moving out to Boston and that she had met this guy a month ago and liked him.[/QUOTE]

She met the guy a MONTH ago and is moving to the other side of the country for him? Yeah, that'll work out.

[quote name='wildcpac']This is why I do not date, nor believe in monogamy or marriage.[/QUOTE]

So, what exactly do you do? And I don't agree that she played games or whatever, but that is only based on your short rendition of the scenario. She wasn't committed to you and didn't owe you anything. Get over it and move on.

I don't think she lied about anything. She was just shady. It's a different type of dishonesty. I think that's the major difference between the typical male lie and a female lie.

Woman: Did you sleep with her?
Man: No (when he really did)

Man: Did you sleep with him?
Woman: No *thinks it's not a lie because there was no actual sleeping*

[quote name='Donkey132']just be happy you found out what kind of person she is sooner rather than later.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, Mr. Perfect is the one who's fucked.

dudes lie more. While i personally lie all the time, i don't do much that you could call deceptive.
i mostly lie just because I enjoy saying things that aren't true. I don't deceive with my lies and I don't expect them to be believed. I lie about stuff like the color of the sky, whether or not today is Thanksgiving, how solar ovens work.
But my friends to their girls. i've seen them lie about stuff and get away with stuff you wouldn't believe. When my ex and I started talking again she was telling me about this dude who was trying to get her to do stuff with the most patheticly transparent attempts at lying ever.

dudettes lie too and it's not all benevolent either. but I still think dudes lie more.

[quote name='wildcpac']This is why I do not date, nor believe in monogamy or marriage.[/QUOTE]wait what? is this a new thing? if this is the way you always were then I fail to see what the issue is? If you weren't planning on being monog anyway then what's the beef?

[quote name='keithp']Raincoats can't protect ya in a hurricane. Just sayin'...[/QUOTE]:applause:

I think the "men lie more, women tell the bigger lies" thing is true. Obviously I'm not going into the exceptions like when a woman is a compulsive liar or a man never lies, which appears to be rare but...men more often then not seem to "lie" more often but women have much bigger lies being thrown out then men usually do. As in, "I was shopping" but really she was cheating. A guy might say "I didn't eat that cake" but he really chomped it up in the middle of the night. :rofl:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause::applause: I always seem to find the ones who 'love me for who I am', then start trying to subtly change everything about me. I am NOT a fuckin' project for you to work on 'fixing'. I LIKE how I dress, what I drive and who I hang around with.

[/QUOTE]

Did she try and convince you to upgrade your Brazilian internet? ;)

These topics are always pretty stupid. I doubt there's much of a difference, if any, in lying behaviors. Every time it's a "women have bigger lies" thing thanks to comedians, but the example is often about cheating, which men also lie about, or about being pregnant or something, which men can't possibly lie about, but would if they could.

[quote name='SpazX']These topics are always pretty stupid. I doubt there's much of a difference, if any, in lying behaviors. Every time it's a "women have bigger lies" thing thanks to comedians, but the example is often about cheating, which men also lie about, or about being pregnant or something, which men can't possibly lie about, but would if they could.[/QUOTE]

testosterone vs estrogen
hunting vs gathering
penis vs vagina
or maybe it's just if you don't lie much about serious shit you're much more disgusted when you see the other sex do it to you. I definitely have never lied to women like I have been lied to nor have my friends.

[quote name='SpazX']These topics are always pretty stupid. I doubt there's much of a difference, if any, in lying behaviors. Every time it's a "women have bigger lies" thing thanks to comedians, but the example is often about cheating, which men also lie about, or about being pregnant or something, which men can't possibly lie about, but would if they could.[/QUOTE]probably not wrong.

[quote name='J7.']Did she try and convince you to upgrade your Brazilian internet? ;)[/QUOTE]
No. But that's cuz the 3-6 months we were dating we spent more time doing other things than talking on the internet.:razz:;)

[quote name='SpazX']These topics are always pretty stupid. I doubt there's much of a difference, if any, in lying behaviors. Every time it's a "women have bigger lies" thing thanks to comedians, but the example is often about cheating, which men also lie about, or about being pregnant or something, which men can't possibly lie about, but would if they could.[/QUOTE]

There's definitely some validity to what's being said. An ex-girlfriend of mine lied to me once about who the father of her kid was (he was 4 when I entered the relationship). I used to wander why he never came around to see his son, and then it hit me. The kids dad was not who she was saying it was! When I finally got a found out who the dad really was, I can't say I blame her for lying to me about it (I'm not saying it's okay); she was deeply ashamed.

Despite the big lie it was still the second best relationship I'd been in.

SpazX's point isn't that women don't tell devastatingly huge lies. It's that man can and do as well. If you take out paternity which men can't lie about as easily. Men lie about cheating, whether they're single, how many people they've slept with, if they really live in that house. if it's their car. if they have any kids, if the investment fund they're recommending is real or a ponzi scheme, all kinds of big stuff.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']No. But that's cuz the 3-6 months we were dating we spent more time doing other things than talking on the internet.:razz:;)[/QUOTE]

Touche. I wasn't trying to rag on you, I was just picturing her getting all pissy when she's trying to use facebook or some shit and try to make you upgrade your shit when it's fine for what you want out of it.

yeah i know it's not fair to bring my personal life into a gender debate but I'm officially switching sides. Women lie more. fml.

bread's done
Back