battle royale?

skulls dont fade

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
i'm looking for a place to buy a good NTSC transfer with good english subtitles. i prefer the 122min SE but it's not necessary. i tried ebay but that is FULL of bootlegs of copies that either have horrible subs or NTSC copies from PAL resulting in loss of quality, etc.

anyone have any clue where i can get a good copy?

[quote name='skulls dont fade']i'm looking for a place to buy a good NTSC transfer with good english subtitles. i prefer the 122min SE but it's not necessary. i tried ebay but that is FULL of bootlegs of copies that either have horrible subs or NTSC copies from PAL resulting in loss of quality, etc.

anyone have any clue where i can get a good copy?[/QUOTE]

Try www.yesasia.com, although I'm sure most copies would be region 2, or a vcd.

thats weird
I just saw it tonight for the first time
ive had the double disk special edition on my dvd shelf for about a year
finnally took the shrink wrap off tonight
didn't really like it
its all about the crazy concept
has nothing to do with directing/acting/action/cinematography
all about the concept of the story
theres an incredible import dvd store in nj
happens to be online and where i got my copy
www.pokerindustries.com

ah they have the tartan asia extreme listed but it's OOP! i heard this version has semi-decent subs...did you have trouble with any "engrish" or just flat out following of the story?

Read the book!!! Grab the 25% coupon from Borders and get it. I find it much better than the movie since it tells a lot of the stuff the movie doesn't (like what happen to certain students...).

Don't confuse this with the manga though. The manga adds a totally different level to the story, but not necessary a good thing though...

[quote name='Over easy']Read the book!!! Grab the 25% coupon from Borders and get it. I find it much better than the movie since it tells a lot of the stuff the movie doesn't (like what happen to certain students...).

Don't confuse this with the manga though. The manga adds a totally different level to the story, but not necessary a good thing though...[/QUOTE]

Very true. I found the movie really bland after reading the book. But I actually liked the manga. It gives more side stories the the side stories in the book. which could more or less be a bad thing, but I still enjoy both. Plus buying all the manga is expensive ;_;

I have the Korean 2 disc special edition, and while the subs aren't great, the fact that it's dts and all region helps. I think I paid about $30 at some overpriced import shop ages ago, but hopefully you can find it for much less. Oh, and a word of warning, if you enjoy the first one, and want to buy the second one, WATCH it first. I made the mistake of buying it before seeing it, assuming it would be good. I was very wrong.

yea, i just downloaded it to watch it, but it doesn't have subs (part 2) because i was gonna buy it...but after just scanning through it, it seems too much like an action movie for my tastes.

[quote name='dayglo']I have the Korean 2 disc special edition, and while the subs aren't great, the fact that it's dts and all region helps.[/QUOTE]
the subs are definitely the weakest part of the package. and it all begins with the fact that it's constantly on bold. some of it is just plain hard to read, and it also stretches things off the screen. IIRC, the engrish doesn't really happen until near the end of the movie. it also doesn't help that the entire 2nd disc doesn't even have an option to be subtitled in english. get past that and everything else is fine.

and supposedly Tartan is trying to get the license to bring it out in the US.

bread's done
Back