Battlefield 3 (360/PS3) $20 Credit Promo BACK at Amazon

thegame956

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Deal is now live:

:360: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit
:ps3: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']
lolwut.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It's simple. They sent the geek squad to hack the site as punishment for us abusing their trade in system :) and lol at the funny pic

Last year I bought almost every hot title from Amazon because they were offering $10-$20 credit for most everything plus either free shipping or $1 release date shipping. I miss those days.... :whistle2:(

Chatted with amazon, told me that oct 20 window, but told them I just received the email this morning, asked me to copy paste email so I did and they gave me instant $20 credit for it, $39.95 I'm good with that.

They need to quit hiring temps, I just had a chat and phone call at the same time with 2 different answers. They are ramping up for the holiday season and filling their call centers with people that can't turn on a computer. The woman on the phone was arguing with me that I had the $20. How can I have the credit when I haven't even ordered the game yet. It was the credit for GOW3 and I had to explain to her that they are two different things. Then after 5 minutes on hold came back with "Um, uh, yeah...you will get the credit...I, um, think." WTF is that?

I'll just wait a day or two and see.

So if you haven't received this email you're out of luck? I really need to preorder this game.

I think I'm willing to choose kmart, but not sure how many limited ed. they are getting and their coupons aren't as flexible as Amazon.

[quote name='dejeckt']So if you haven't received this email you're out of luck? I really need to preorder this game.

I think I'm willing to choose kmart, but not sure how many limited ed. they are getting and their coupons aren't as flexible as Amazon.[/QUOTE]

These limited editions will be as abundant as the so called dead space 2 limited edition for the ps3 i would figure

I placed an order, and tried to initiate a chat. It timed out, but got this magical e-mail:

Hello,

I'm really sorry we weren't able to finish our conversation about $20 promotional code for Battle Field 3, due to the chat being disconnected.

Using the information you provided, I was able to give the following resolution:

I checked your order and see it has been placed on October 21, 2011. You are eligible to receive $20 promotional certificate. You will receive the credit of $20 once your order ships out.

I also see the release date for this Battle Field 3 is October 25, 2011. You will receive your credit once your order is shipped. If you do not receive this promo credit by the end of business day on October 26, contact us back and we will make this right for you.

I hope this solution works for you. We hope to see you again soon.

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

So...I think it's worth a shot to preorder and follow-up. If I don't get my credit, I now have ammo to fire their way to get the $20.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Canceled my PC version.

Pre-ordered the PS3 version.

On chat to see if they will give me the $20 credit...either when it ships or right now.[/QUOTE]

Good luck.

No go for me on chat.

You are now connected to Rahul from Amazon.com.
Me:$20 promotional credit10:58:51 AM

Rahul:Hello, my name is Rahul. How can I help you today?10:59:01 AM

Me:some friends recieved an email for a credit of $20 on Battlefield 3 for xbox but I don't see it on the order?10:59:48 AM

Rahul:Could you help me out with your order# please?11:00:03 AM

Me:eek:rder page11:00:07 AM
Me:email says credit issued after order ships11:00:39 AM

Rahul:Yes Joshua. Please help me out with your order# and the date of the email as well.11:01:04 AM

Me:is their a $20 credit promotion?11:01:05 AM

Rahul:Joshua are you referring to your pre-order for this game?11:02:03 AM

Me:yes11:02:10 AM

Rahul:Could you help me out with the order# and the date when you received this email please?11:02:36 AM

Me:I would like to verify their is a promotion before I place the order11:02:37 AM

Rahul:You haven't placed the order yet?11:02:49 AM

Me:no I want to verify promotion11:03:07 AM

Rahul:Alright. Please hold for a moment while I look into this.11:03:20 AM
Rahul:I'm sorry about the delay; please give me a few more moments.11:05:56 AM

Me:no prob11:06:29 AM

Rahul:Thank you for waiting Joshua.11:07:13 AM

Me:this is the email some friends have recieved11:07:31 AM
Me:Dear Amazon.com Customer, 11:07:38 AM
Me:Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25. 11:07:38 AM
Me:pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.11:07:38 AM

Rahul:I have checked and see that there isn't any $20 promotion being offered for the pre-order of this game. There is however a promotion for the Limited Edition which comes along with a free expansion pack. You can view this on the product page.11:08:36 AM

Me:thanks

Well this could be like the 3DS OOT thing maybe, days after it came out I got a random email just to let me know they put $20 in my account for purchasing it.

Damn, these outsourced folk require a lot of moments for "researching".

I say less research...more credits!

...still not finished...chatting with a supervisor...

Just to add,

I already had it pre ordered for amazon and I jumped on chat.

The rep said I will get the $20 promotional credit. I asked him to email me a conformation, who knows if he will do it. I just copied the chat just in chase.

so keep trying!

I have to say, I'm pretty peeved about this. So people who ordered 5 days before release get a $20 promotion, but people like me who pre-ordered from Amazon way back in February of this year get nothing but the dog tags that everyone else gets? Real nice, Amazon. :bomb:

I get the feeling that this was an accident and the promo either went live early or they failed to advertise it properly, because either way this sounds completely unlike Amazon to do. I'm sure in a few days the matter will be resolved and likely with credits for everyone.

My rep "Queen" (don't know what the hell is up with that name) gave me the same bs 6 hour window but for my trouble of getting the email after the deal gave me a one time exception of $3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus, now I can go on that shopping spree I 've always wanted.

I went off, I've spent $1500 just in the past month at amazon and about $3K this year, what the fuck am I going to do with $3? It (no idea on sexuality with a name like Queen) said that's the best it could do. When I told her I'd send back (not really, just bluffing) the $1500 worth of products she said that's my prerogative and was their anything else it could do for me.

That's some piss poor customer service there. I love Amazon but they are going downhill

[quote name='intuition']A one day window for credits? The **** :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

It's worse than that. It was only within a 6 hour timeframe, 6pm to midnight.

i read all 11 pages of this thread. apparently blahmazon.com will NOT be offering this 20$ credit as they say it was only for oct 20, so moderator DELETE this thread. it is a waste of time dealing with stupid amazon. they wont give the credit and thats that. fuck them. im getting BF3 from kmart where i also got arkham city. period.

PLEASE DELETE this 1-star rated thread. dont get peoples hopes up on good-for-nothing amazon. fuck em

[quote name='Jodou']I get the feeling that this was an accident and the promo either went live early or they failed to advertise it properly, because either way this sounds completely unlike Amazon to do. I'm sure in a few days the matter will be resolved and likely with credits for everyone.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, either they decided against the promotion but some draft emails went out anyway, or the promotion is going to go live later and the emails were early. No way they actually intended to offer a credit for one 6-hour window and only advertise it to a handful of customers. That doesn't make any sense.

I think people are overestimating how much information these CSRs have. If they can't find the answer to your question just by browsing Amazon.com, they make something up or ask the dude in the cube next to them and have them make up an answer.

[quote name='kellyjaye']Well i just chatted with Amazon and they said....

"I've checked and see that the item is not eligible for the promotion of $20.00, if you pre-order now. I'm sorry about that."

Im not seeing anything on Target about a $10 credit promo they are doing with Dr. Pepper either which is also being mentioned here on CAG. As far as I can see, Battlefield 3 is full price anywhere you look with no extras outside of skins or whatever[/QUOTE]
that's what i figured. if you already have it ordered, you're good. those of us that have it ordered elsewhere are not getting it, so no reason to switch our orders over. oh well, what are you gonna do?

did anyone even ever see the promo on the page? i checked a few times (1-3) & never saw it.

I got a similar email this morning from Amazon regarding Battlefield 3 but without the 20 promo credit.

Customers who have shown an interest in "Battlefield 3" might like to know that all pre-orders come with limited-edition content, including the "Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand" expansion pack as well as the Amazon-exclusive multiplayer Dog Tag pack.

Just cancelled my bf3 pre-order of about 8 months ago, along with mw3 u3 and psp vita. This shitfest really did it for me this time...

[quote name='BuDdyLe']Just cancelled my bf3 pre-order of about 8 months ago, along with mw3 u3 and psp vita. This shitfest really did it for me this time...[/QUOTE]

Amazon will turn into the new ECA, a bunch of fuckheads who dont keep promises.

Just got finished with a chat from Amazon.

Jagadish:I see that the order 104-8743525804-9228263 was placed on September 23. As per the promo data available with us, only the orders placed on October 20, 2011 between 18:00:00 PDT - 23:59:59 PDT are eligible to receive $20 credit.
Any other orders placed after this time and after October 20, 2011 are not eligble.
Sorry "eligible".

So apparently it was only available for a very short amount of time on that particular day. Orders placed before or after that time do not count towards the promotion.

However, he told me to wait until the game ships to see if I get the credit, and if I do not, to contact customer support again in order to receive the $20 credit. He may just be jerking me around so that I do not cancel the pre-order, but I figured it was worth a shot to tell those of you who still plan on ordering from Amazon.

[quote name='BuDdyLe']Just cancelled my bf3 pre-order of about 8 months ago, along with mw3 u3 and psp vita. This shitfest really did it for me this time...[/QUOTE]
Ouch. Can't say I blame you though.

This is why we need a rep from Amazon other than just Tony to handle these type of situations. Can't hate the guy for trying but he's stuck to the MO of "I just handle digital deals". Useless as tits on a bull. :\

I guess today is my lucky day....
Auchit: Hello, my name is Auchit. I'll be happy to help you.
I'm really sorry for the trouble you've faced on our website.

Me:Hi. I received this email:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,
Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.
Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.
but I do not see any mention of $20 credit when ordering

Auchit: Do you have any claim code for the promotional certificate?

Me:No, it was just in an email I received stating the pre-order offer

Auchit:When did you received the email?

Me:Earlier today

Auchit:I'm sorry , I'm not able to find out the email.

Me:Is there someone else that could help? I know am not the only person to receive that email

Auchit:I can issue the $20 promotional balance as an one time exception.

Credit just posted to my account, time to cancel newegg and preorder from Amazon

Amazon is messing around with people, and blatantly lying. I called about getting the promo and politely used the line "I spend a lot of money on games with Amazon....". The lady (outsourced) went to check on the deal, came back and told me that; "The offer was only extended to people who preordered the game and didn't receive it on time"!!!! I stayed polite and told her that the game hasn't even come out yet so there's no way that can be the case. I'll update you when she take me off hold. :roll::booty:

[quote name='tridon']I have to say, I'm pretty peeved about this. So people who ordered 5 days before release get a $20 promotion, but people like me who pre-ordered from Amazon way back in February of this year get nothing but the dog tags that everyone else gets? Real nice, Amazon. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

See my post earlier, I got the credit and I pre-ordered months ago.

just call them and keep trying.

The rep I talked to said if I order now I would get the promo credit after it ships, either automatically or he will add it. I got a copy of the chat, so we'll see what happens next week.

[quote name='Jodou']
This is why we need a rep from Amazon[/QUOTE]

This would be very nice indeed. I'm assuming this site generates a fair amount of business for them, on their main site, warehouse, and trade-ins.

I preorderd my copy in Sept. Given the post I did a chat with amazon and long conversation short this is what they said.

Me:Is there a way for you to verify this promotion so that I know what is happening by chance?11:27:13 AM

Manveer :Matt, Once the Item will shipped you will get the $20 promo.11:28:06 AM

Manveer :You no need to worry.11:28:17 AM

Me:So even though I have not received the e-mail and there is nothing on the website it is an active promotion?11:28:36 AM

Manveer :Yes Matt.11:29:46 AM

Me:eek:k that is what I needed to know. Thank You11:30:01 AM

Manveer :You will definitely get the $20onec the Item will shipped.11:30:03 AM

After a long-ass dealing with a rep and then the supervisor...no dice.

Personally, they are lying to their customers...and I let them know that undermining the intelligence of their customers is not in their best interest.

They kept saying the deal was for the 360 only. I point out the email states both the 360 and PS3.

Then the time issue. So I ask them to explain how a customer could possibly know about the 6 hour promotion if there was never any information about it yesterday to begin with?

They repeatedly said sorry for the inconvenience. I said no apologies are required...just a reasonable and logical explanation.

Obviously none were given. So, I told them I will be taking my business elsewhere. They said they hope this isolated incident wouldn't affect my consumer status in the future. I said, goodbye.

Like I mentioned before....the fucktard in the marketing department responsible for this crap should be fired....STRAIGHT INTO THE fuckING SUN!

[quote name='Jurassic425']Amazon is messing around with people, and blatantly lying. I called about getting the promo and politely used the line "I spend a lot of money on games with Amazon....". The lady (outsourced) went to check on the deal, came back and told me that; "The offer was only extended to people who preordered the game and didn't receive it on time"!!!! I stayed polite and told her that the game hasn't even come out yet so there's no way that can be the case. I'll update you when she take me off hold. :roll::booty:[/QUOTE]
Update to the above post. She came back and said that they will give me a $10 promo (for nothing), but that the $20 deal is only for those that have already preordered. I wasn't trying to get something for nothing, but I guess that's fine. I'd rather get the $20 promo, but since I had kind of decided to not get BF3, and changed my mind when I saw this promo I'm okay with it!

I'm thankful for the thread.

I saw the email earlier and was about to cancel my NewEgg preorder for $47.99. But the thread saved me from doing that.

Guys, they will honor the $20 promo code if you pre-order the game. Regardless of when you did it. I spoke with 3 CR's, three of them told me different stories, none of them wanted to give me the $20 promo code. I went ahead and pre-order the game, and sent an email to Amazon regarding the promo code. Magically, I received an email from them apologizing about the CR attitude towards the promo code and that I will be credited with the $20 promo code.

Email:
Hello,

I've reviewed our previous correspondence with you, and I'm very sorry about the misunderstanding.

I've checked the link which you send us for the chat with XXXX, so you don't have to worry at all if you'll not receive the promotion of $20 within two business after shipping the order you can write us back we'll issue a promotion for $20 to your Amazon account.

If you need help with a different issue, you can contact us via phone, chat, or e-mail by clicking the "Contact Us" button on any Help page ( http://www.amazon.com/help ).

[quote name='andy1_26']
I've checked the link which you send us for the chat with XXXX, so you don't have to worry at all [/QUOTE]

Where do you find the link to a chat session? I don't see the option for it on my Amazon accounts page.

I was told it applies to all pre-orders before yesterday

Me:I pre-ordered Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition for Xbox 360 last week. Yesterday, my friend received an email that he would receive a $20 credit with the purchase of the game, but I did not receive this email. Why am I also not receiving this $20 credit?
Akansha:Hello, my name is Akansha. I'll be happy to help you today.
The promo is for purchases made on Oct 20,2011.
Me:Only purchases made yesterday?
Not purchases made before that?
Akansha:please allow me a moment.
Thanks for being on hold
You'll receive the promo when the item is shipped to you.
Me:Ok, so after my game ships on Tuesday, I will receive a $20 credit?
Akansha:yes.
Me:So is it applied to all pre-orders before yesterday?
Akansha:yes
Me:Alright, thank you
Akansha:You're welcome. Thank you for contacting Amazon. We hope to see you again. Have a great day.

If they want me to buy the game, they need to put up a $20 credit. Otherwise I'll either never buy it, or will wait for it to drop to $20. It's your call Amazon. :)

I tried both chat and phone calling and was told no-go both times. Apparently the deal was only available from 6pm until midnight yesterday 10/20/11. I even got an email back from the marketing department about this. They are not going to do anything about the credit and said the email was delivered incorrectly. I guess it's just KMart from here out for any type of deal.

I was told that it was only issued to customers that ordered during that 6 hour window yesterday, but the rep said as an exception she'll give me a $20 credit. It shouldn't be an exception. If there was in fact a promotion for any point of time yesterday which I didn't actually see, everyone who ordered prior to then should get the promotion. That's how they've done it in the past. This is all very frustrating. I had her send me a copy of the transcript and I took a screenshot so we'll see. I had preordered the PS3 version on the 18th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried the Live Chat. I'm pretty sure that its outsourced to Pakistan. The unhelpful fellow, we'll call him Herp, said that they were "working on it" and that I should check back "in a few days" and that I "should not to worry" - apparently the Live Chat folks are being prompted to tell us "not to worry" as I have seen that remark in others' logs, as well.

E-mail has been sent, as well.

I will be persistent in this, I'll be damned if someone can get a $20 Promotional Credit in late October that I didn't get in early March.

[quote name='CaseX']Where do you find the link to a chat session? I don't see the option for it on my Amazon accounts page.[/QUOTE]

I didn't send them any link for the chat. Probably the CR escalated the problem, and they replied to me.

I was told that I would be getting the credit after their "technical team fixes the issue" The indirectness was so hilarious that I forget to copy the conversation.

bread's done
Back