Battlefield 3 (360/PS3) $20 Credit Promo BACK at Amazon

thegame956

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Deal is now live:

:360: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit
:ps3: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zen Rukasu']I was told that I would be getting the credit after their "technical team fixes the issue" The indirectness was so hilarious that I forget to copy the conversation.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, there are SO many different stories Amazon reps keep telling many of us it's hard to keep up with them all.

One thing for sure....is that many of the reps have become dirty, filthy liars who think their most of their customers are mindless fools.

I sent a lengthy email as my last ditch effort. If that doesn't work, I'll be holding off on BF3 until it hits $30 or less. All this is leaving a nasty taste in my mouth, a taste that can only be cleansed with vast quantities of beer.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']One thing for sure....is that many of the reps have become dirty, filthy liars who think their most of their customers are mindless fools. [/QUOTE]

Absolutely. Did you see my post? The lady tried to convince me that the $20 promo was only for people who preordered, but did not receive the game on time. :booty:

Do the last few sentences in this article concern anyone else?

http://m.ign.com/articles/1210387

Maybe we don't want this. Sound like a last minute oh-crap-patch is being rushed

[quote name='6er']Do the last few sentences in this article concern anyone else?

http://m.ign.com/articles/1210387[/QUOTE]

Kinda, I've been thinking of canceling my console preorder. I'll probably wait until I see a review before opening it if I don't just cancel completely. I was not impressed at all with the beta, especially from a graphical standpoint. All of the stuff from the commercials and most trailers is from the PC version.

[quote name='PWNSMITH']I pre-ordered the game on 10/19 from amazon at around 5:30 PM. Will I get the credit or no?[/QUOTE]

No, there was a 10 second timeline for it between 14:03:35 - 14:03:45 on 10/20.

You should have been quicker.

[quote name='CyReN']No, there was a 10 second timeline for it between 14:03:35 - 14:03:45 on 10/20.

You should have been quicker.[/QUOTE]lmao, I think you mean slower considering that's a day after I ordered it. Has anyone confirmed that thye've received their credit e-mail? Or do those go out after they've shipped the game? I rarely order from Amazon, it just so happens that I decided to the other day though. Would be bummed if I missed out on this.

And that will be the last time I EVER order from amazon. I contacted Support, and asked if I would receive the $20 promotion. I preordered in JUNE.

I was told that they would not honor the promotion for orders placed outside of the 20th. I said that I have proof that a credit was issued to an order placed in August, which was placed by a close friend who gave me a screenshot.

I was disconnected.

"We have no further comment on this issue"
Ishwarya is no longer online.

Kmart, here I come. I honestly don't care how good an offer Amazon makes in the future. I will NEVER, EVER order there again, out of the principal of this situation.

A good customer should be treated like one, even by a large corporation like Amazon. Penalizing a customer, especially a PRIME member, for promising them their money is an insult to everyone who has ever spent a single red cent there.

Step 1. Order through newegg, which had the promo multiple times and if they make a mistake (dark souls) they gave $20 credit.

Step 2. Profit

I would love to order through Amazon, but if they aren't going to actually offer a better deal, why would I want to support them over another company that is trying to get my business?

I just got done with a customer service chat, and he told me it was a spam email, not sent by Amazon, even though I told him the sender was listed as [email protected] and was just like any other email they send me that starts with "Customers who have shown an interest in..."

Found this post on the Amazon website in a thread discussing the same thing we are right now, who knows if this guy is legit, but I doubt he'd be out to maliciously get us to order from Amazon for no reason. Post is in italics below:

best thing to do is contact amazon which i am doing right now
I will post what they say:

Me:This has been seen and was wondering if this will be applied to my pre order which i made a few weeks ago?
"Dear Amazon.com Customer,
Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.
Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive."

Stephanie:Hello, my name is Stephanie. I'll be happy to help you. I'm going to check if this applies to your pre-order.
One moment, please.

Stephanie:Yes, I can see that $20 promo credit were applied to your order
and the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack

Me:Awesome. There are many people asking about this. Is it safe to say everyone who has pre ordered through amazon will get this deal? your page hasn't updated yet and they are all wondering. many are basing there pre-order over this

Stephanie:This is for all pre-orders of this game, yes.

Me:thank you very much. You have made me and man many others happy

Stephanie:They need to make sure the item is ONLY shipped and sold by Amazon.com. NOT FROM ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY SELLERS.
Thanks for shopping with Amazon, we hope to see you again soon.

Me:will let them know thank you

Stephanie:Ok, you're welcome. Have a great day!

The issue that many are missing is that this is going to become common practice. Why hasn't there been an offer for MW3 yet? Because they are going to pull this same crap where if you order at a random time you get a discount. Otherwise they would have posted deals on these games a long time ago to prevent people preordering with every other company that has either a credit or "buy x # of games get a giftcard" deal.

[quote name='PWNSMITH']Found this post on the Amazon website in a thread discussing the same thing we are right now, who knows if this guy is legit, but I doubt he'd be out to maliciously get us to order from Amazon for no reason. Post is in italics below:[/QUOTE]

Link??

[quote name='crunchewy']If they want me to buy the game, they need to put up a $20 credit. Otherwise I'll either never buy it, or will wait for it to drop to $20. It's your call Amazon. :)[/QUOTE]

This is exactly how I feel. I'm not buying the game from them until they post the credit on the product page.

Just spoke to a second rep through chat, this time I got this response, "Hello, my name is Shailendra. I'll be happy to help you. Daniel, don't need to worry, I am requesting you that once the order will be ship you will get the e-mail of regarding the promo and if you want then I can send this e-mail as a future reference." I'm having her send me an email to verify the conversation, so hopefully there will be no problem with me getting the credit.

Since i missed the Newegg deal on this I figured I would give this a shot.

Arun:Hello, my name is Arun. I'll be happy to help you.
Me:Hi Arun, I received an email which said there was a $20 credit promotion for pre-orders of the game Battlefield 3 for Xbox 360 + PS3. However, the web site for the item does not reflect this promotion. Am I missing something?

Arun:Can you hold for a minute or two while I check this for you?

Me:Yes. Thank You.
Arun:Thank you for waiting.May I know when you received this e-mail?

Me:This morning

Arun:Let me check, please allow me a moment.

Me:No problem. Thank You.

Arun:Thank you for your patience.I'm sorry, I checked your account and I can't see any e-mail regarding the promotional credit.Can you please copy paste entire e-mail on chat?
Me:yes no problem, let me pull it up

"Dear Amazon.com Customer,Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...eapassgam08-20

Arun:Thank you for the information.I have checked your account and I can't see any e-mail send on today's date. I apologize.

Me:I assure you it is there

Arun:I'm sorry, I can see that we have send you last e-mail on Oct 18, 2011 4:03 AM (PDT).

Me:If I preorder the game today will i receive the $20 promotion?

Arun:I'm sorry, I can see that currently we don't have this promotional credit.

Arun:I would request you to please place your order and once your order will be shipped out, you will receive an e-mail from our marketing and promotion team about that was your order eligible for promotional credit or not.

Me:OK, so the promotion is live, but not displayed on the item page?

Arun:If order was not eligible, please contact us again and we will apply $10.0 promotional credit to your account as one time exception.

Me:Thank you Arun

Arun:No worries, I'll send you chat transcript via e-mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Seriously, there are SO many different stories Amazon reps keep telling many of us it's hard to keep up with them all.

One thing for sure....is that many of the reps have become dirty, filthy liars who think their most of their customers are mindless fools.

I sent a lengthy email as my last ditch effort. If that doesn't work, I'll be holding off on BF3 until it hits $30 or less. All this is leaving a nasty taste in my mouth, a taste that can only be cleansed with vast quantities of beer.[/QUOTE]

Email did the trick for me. My account was credited $20 and they issued an apology for any confusion.

[quote name='kill3r7']Email did the trick for me. My account was credited $20 and they issued an apology for any confusion.[/QUOTE]
Would you mind providing me with a link to what address exactly you sent the e-mail to? I'd like to do the same as you, thanks :)

I just switched from Newegg to Amazon

Heres my Convo:

You are now connected to Akshay from Amazon.com.
Me:I received an email that said there was a $20 promotional credit when you pre order this title. I just pre ordered the game and noticed the site does not list the $20 promo. Was the email an error? or Will i receive the $20 promotional credit?

Akshay:Hello, my name is Akshay. I'll be happy to help you.
Isozyme, it's a known issue.
Please go ahead and place the order.

Me:eek:k thanks

Akshay:as the order will be shipped
We will sent you the confirmation email of that promotion

Me:I appreciate your help. I just wanted to verify.
Have a nice weekend

Akshay:Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon!

Now to see next week if they will apply this to my already ordered MW3 (Hardened)

If you want to bitch and demand $20, read this first. Amazon is keeping track.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306392

Kept the chat box going for over an hour, got $10 out of it... :cry: ... but I can use it now, and on whatever.

[quote name='PWNSMITH']There's a difference between bitching and being a cheap ass gamer.[/QUOTE]

if you didn't get the targeted email, why do you think you deserve the $20 credit, you are just scamming Amazon

[quote name='perfectsil']if you didn't get the targeted email, why do you think you deserve the $20 credit, you are just scamming Amazon[/QUOTE]
How am I scamming amazon?

[quote name='PWNSMITH']Would you mind providing me with a link to what address exactly you sent the e-mail to? I'd like to do the same as you, thanks :)[/QUOTE]

I replied to their email which stated the coupon was good for only a 6 hour window. I pointed out that the email sent out this morning by amazon contradicts this statement because it would have been impossible for any customer to claim the promotion.

Anyhow, the email addy is [email protected]

Good Luck!

Success!

After 2 failed chats, I decided to send them a lengthy email regarding nothing but the facts.

I received an email response from them rather quickly and already have been credited $20 into my account. Cool beans!

If this was all a technical blunder, and all pre-orders will be extended the $20 credit, it could possibly mean that those of us that have already been credited $20....nah, I don't want to jinx it. ;)

For those of you that have been BS'ed via chat, try the email route. It apparently has been working for some of us.

I wish this had come up months ago, and if it has, I apologize for being oblivious, but I'd hate to cancel my pre-order on speculation >

[quote name='PWNSMITH']There's a difference between bitching and being a cheap ass gamer.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. A normal customer might bitch about a "messed up"(in their opinion) order once in maybe ten orders, while a CAG will find the smallest little nick in the shrinkwrap and have an OCD fit and demand reparations for the greatest of transgressions imaginable and God help the poor CSR if they don't help the CAG within a half nanosecond or they'll bitch again about their time is soooo valuable and how they deserve to be compensated. Meanwhile, the CAG is probably doing this FROM WORK(something their boss should really know about) and thus on someone else's time.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Success!

After 2 failed chats, I decided to send them a lengthy email regarding nothing but the facts.

I received an email response from them rather quickly and already have been credited $20 into my account. Cool beans!

If this was all a technical blunder, and all pre-orders will be extended the $20 credit, it could possibly mean that those of us that have already been credited $20....nah, I don't want to jinx it. ;)

For those of you that have been BS'ed via chat, try the email route. It apparently has been working for some of us.[/QUOTE]

I sent a email 4 hours ago explaining it and haven't heard anything yet.

[quote name='perfectsil']If you want to bitch and demand $20, read this first. Amazon is keeping track.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306392[/QUOTE]

Look, some of us didn't bitch. You can get things done by being nice. I simply asked if I qualified for the promo. I was told no but my inquiry was being passed on to the marketing team. Whereupon I received an email stating the same boilerplate language. I stated that the promo email contradicted the boilerplate language. Shortly after I was issued a $20 credit.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. A normal customer might bitch about a "messed up"(in their opinion) order once in maybe ten orders, while a CAG will find the smallest little nick in the shrinkwrap and have an OCD fit and demand reparations for the greatest of transgressions imaginable and God help the poor CSR if they don't help the CAG within a half nanosecond or they'll bitch again about their time is soooo valuable and how they deserve to be compensated. Meanwhile, the CAG is probably doing this FROM WORK(something their boss should really know about) and thus on someone else's time.[/QUOTE]

LOL, well said

It seems to me that Amazon is really starting to get stingy about cutting costs and cracking down on the cheapest and most grief-causing of their customer base. Between the story of the guy and his whole family getting banned, the decrease in the number of games offering credit, and the sudden lack of generosity by customer service when it comes to honoring this $20 BF3 credit offer... it looks like Amazon is trying really hard to save money.

Can't say I blame them. I always wondered how long they'd be able to keep up with selling all the huge AAA releases with a $15-20 credit offer like they did since ~2 years ago.

[quote name='sTaTIx']It seems to me that Amazon is really starting to get stingy about cutting costs and cracking down on the cheapest and most grief-causing of their customer base. Between the story of the guy and his whole family getting banned, the decrease in the number of games offering credit, and the sudden lack of generosity by customer service when it comes to honoring this $20 BF3 credit offer... it looks like Amazon is trying really hard to save money.

Can't say I blame them. I always wondered how long they'd be able to keep up with selling all the huge AAA releases with a $15-20 credit offer like they did since ~2 years ago.[/QUOTE]
Economy sucks, so a business like Amazon has to be stricter.

[quote name='kill3r7']Look, some of us didn't bitch. You can get things done by being nice. I simply asked if I qualified for the promo. I was told no but my inquiry was being passed on to the marketing team. Whereupon I received an email stating the same boilerplate language. I stated that the promo email contradicted the boilerplate language. Shortly after I was issued a $20 credit.[/QUOTE]

What? I only got a $10 credit when I called!! I'm gonna call back and see if I can get $20 instead.

Part of me wants to post this with only the above comment just to see people's responses. In all seriousness I won't be calling back, and frankly I feel kinda guilty that they gave me $10 simply for not giving me a promo on a game that I don't even have pre-ordered.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Success!

For those of you that have been BS'ed via chat, try the email route. It apparently has been working for some of us.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you'll be the next clown to get the ban hammer from amazon for bugging them. lol

[quote name='Demise_Angel']Just spoke to customer service, he said all BF3 pre-orders will get the credit, take what for what its worth[/QUOTE]

Well I am still not going to order it until I see it on the front page.

As far as the rest of this I can see if someone had a preorder in place before yesterday and saw all the people getting this so called 6 hour window preorder deal then there is a right to complain as there is the preorder price guarantee. Other then that all these people contacting customer service trying to weasel out a deal is just ridiculous.

I like emailed to ask if this was real or not (before all the hubbub and info coming out) and when it was going live. As I was interesting in ordering the game. I am waiting a reply and will be fine with any response.

That is the only two sides of this I see. Oh wait or if you ACTUALLY rcvd the email. If you do not have a preorder or didn't get the email then oh well...you and I missed out.

Like the gamer said don't complain and expect to be given glitches and then cry if you get bad service or banned after that.

You are now connected to Ekta from Amazon.com.

Me:Some people are reporting that they've received an email stating that there will be a $20 promotional credit given to people who pre-order Battlefield 3, but the page doesn't reflect that. I want to know if this is accurate or not before it ships.

Ekta:Hello, my name is Ekta. I'll be happy to help you today.

Could you please send an email which says $20 promotional credit?

Me:Do you want the transcript of the email I'm talking about?

Ekta:please copy and paste it over the chat.

Me:Dear Amazon.com Customer,
Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.

Mind you, I didn't receive this email myself, as I unsubscribed from such emails. This is just what some people are saying, I'm not sure how accurate it is (that's why I'm here!).

Ekta:Thank you for waiting.

I have checked the information whenever the game is shipped, the $20 promotion will be applied on your account.

Me:Sounds good. Thank you!

Ekta:You're welcome. Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Me:No ma'am, that's all.

Ekta: Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon!

Me:You will!

Ekta:Bye.

Me:Goodbye!

Ekta from Amazon.com has left the conversation.

My attempt, for more confirmation.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Economy sucks, so a business like Amazon has to be stricter.[/QUOTE]

LOL. The economy might not be doing so hot, but Amazon hasn't exactly fallen on hard times. If anything they continued to have explosive growth the last few years. So why now they would choose to get "strict" and to skimp on the deals is baffling. It might be they feel they are so powerful they no longer need to offer the best deals or customer service - they can just focus on the "bottom line" from hear on out and increase profits that way.

bread's done
Back