Battlefield 3 (360/PS3) $20 Credit Promo BACK at Amazon

thegame956

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Deal is now live:

:360: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit
:ps3: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the live Amazon chat customer service thing about 5 minutes ago. Copy/pasting the convo.

"Me:I have a question regarding $20 credit for preodering Battlefield 3 for the Xbox 360. Will I be receiving this credit?

Nikhil:Hello, my name is Nikhil. I'll be happy to help you today.

Me:Hello, thanks

Nikhil:I would like to inform you that we will honor the promotion of $20 and
you will receive an e-mail in 2 business days after the order ships.

Me:thank you. I have 2 copies of Battlefield 3 ordered on my amazon account. how will the credit work for that? I assume I receive credit for one of the copies and not both

Nikhil:I would like to inform you that the promotion is valid one per customer.

Me:eek:k, thank you"

[quote name='209chromatic']So you finally got the credit,..after how many tries... 10 ..20?[/QUOTE]

If you must know...2 brief chats...and 1 email. No attitude, just polite inquiries, which they provided after my email. :D

Wow, I might just have to get it from Amazon and cancel my GS pre-order. That $20 could be great for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Or can I put that on an pre-order I already have? That would be cool...

wow thanks to all in this thread. this has been really useful!

i don't buy games too much, but im wondering this credit...is it 20 off the game? or 20 for future games?

cheapy, im curious, how did you know it will be live 6pm on the website for all?

[quote name='Warpath01']
cheapy, im curious, how did you know it will be live 6pm on the website for all?[/QUOTE]

Johnny Amazon told me.

I also received the e-mail, about five minutes ago. I am a satisfied customer, even though I had to deal with three different people who had three completely different stories on why I didn't qualify for the $20 credit.

As long as Amazon continues to do right by me, I'll continue to spend a crapload of cash at their store. ;)

Hello,

I'm sorry for any concern. As long as you pre-order the PS3 or Xbox 360 version of "Battlefield 3" before October 24, 2011, you'll receive the $20 promotional credit within two days of the shipment of your order.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

I should have waited before contacting them!

[quote name='Warpath01']wow thanks to all in this thread. this has been really useful!

i don't buy games too much, but im wondering this credit...is it 20 off the game? or 20 for future games?
[/QUOTE]

20 Dollars for future games.

Initial post: Oct 21, 2011 4:42:40 PM PDT
Amazon Game Room says:

Hello,

We wanted to provide some clarification regarding our $20 pre-order credit offer for Battlefield 3.

All customers who pre-order Battlefield 3 for PS3 or Xbox 360 will get $20 in Amazon credit good toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including gift cards, Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads.) The promotional code for the credit will be e-mailed within two (2) days after the product ships. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Thank you for your continued support.

-Amazon.com's Video Games team
Reply to this post

[quote name='Doomtime']PC version isn't included?[/QUOTE]

Wasnt the pc version $41 (without promotional credit) earlier this month?

[quote name='Nelo Ice']Now if only they'd add $20 credit the the pc version.[/QUOTE]

^

I pre-ordered the PC version yesterday for $50 in case they attach $20 credit to it and bump the price back up to $60.

Now that it is all but confirmed, I wonder how many people who harassed Amazon and got credit immediately are going to be double credited.

[quote name='mastamind']Wasnt the pc version $41 (without promotional credit) earlier this month?[/QUOTE]

The direct download was $42 a week ago but not the boxed version.

If I apply my $48 in GCs to this tonight and get another one tomorrow I should be able to apply the 2nd card after I order right?

Got my confirmation as well. :)

Hello,

As long as you pre-order the PS3 or Xbox 360 version of "Battlefield 3" before October 24, 2011, you'll receive the $20 promotional credit. In this case, you would be eligible to receive the credit as you've placed the order for "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition "on March 23, 2011.

We'll send your promotional certificate via e-mail 2 business days after the order ships.

We look forward to seeing you again.

I was just about to post that they emailed me back saying I will get the $20 credit. But then I realized it's being made publicly available to all, so I'm a bit deflated about my victory now. But I did get in another order for only $9.99!!!!! :bouncy: (Though I'm expecting a cancellation email on that one...)

[quote name='CheapyD']Deal goes live officially on the site at 6PM PST.
[/QUOTE]
Ha, so my prediction came true. Your prophet has returned.

I'll wait until 8C, then if this does pop up I'll cancel my HOTD Overkill pre-order, take the 25 credit I had pinned to that order and pin it to BF3. Then roll that 20 credit back to a new order for HOTD OVerkill for PS3.

[quote name='thrustbucket']So I'm assuming this means if you preorder it now, it will auto-apply @ 6??[/QUOTE]

Someone confirm please. I just ordered 8:50 pm eastern. Will it auto or do I have to reorder.

TIA

A friend of mine already has BF3 fully paid off at Gamestop and is now thinking of also ordering this and returning the Amazon copy to the store.

[quote name='KrizB']A friend of mine already has BF3 fully paid off at Gamestop and is now thinking of also ordering this and returning the Amazon copy to the store.[/QUOTE]

That would depend on how Amazon does the pre-order bonus and whether or not he wants it. With Deus Ex, the pre-order bonus code was inside the game so you had to open the case to get to it. If he doesn't care about that, then it doesn't matter. Just FYI.

bread's done
Back