Battlefield 3 (360/PS3) $20 Credit Promo BACK at Amazon

thegame956

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Deal is now live:

:360: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit
:ps3: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thrustbucket']It's hilarious people actually waited for the deal to go live to preorder. What a waste of time when you can just preorder and let the deal kick in on its own.

And I too am also embarrassed to be a CAG in times like this when hundreds of you harassed CSR's to get the deal that was never emailed to you.[/QUOTE]

Just curious why do you find something so common and understandable "HILARIOUS?" Many people have orders elsewhere and didn't want multiple orders. Another GOOD reason is what if the credit NEVER went live? There were many reasons to wait. Out of which only a few might have been slightly funny like my dog ate my credit card. But being prudent isn't very "hilarious".

I do agree with you on the second part though. :)

[quote name='DANIEL']most games get coded and designed for Xbox and then transferred to PS3 and that is why PS3 games have more issues and bugs when compared to xbox games.[/QUOTE]The larger developers seem to typically develop games on PCs and then port the game to both the 360 and the PS3 at the same time. I've also heard comments that PS3 is used as the lead in some cases as it's easier to port a game to the 360 than it is from the 360 to the PS3.

The gap between the quality of a 360 port compared to its PS3 counterpart has narrowed greatly over the past few years.

[quote name='sikct9a']I pre ordered BF3 a while back. Do I need to cancel and pre order again to receive the $20?[/QUOTE]

it goes toward existin preorders

[quote name='exaznkid']yep definitely a no-go on the PC versions (both physical or digital) and you might wanna add that to the op just in case, o well the extra $3 i paid for the digital should be worth it for the bigger multiplayer, o damn why wont the envy go away![/QUOTE]

wow only four hours to figure that one out. :applause: next time you might want to take my friendly advice and on top of that not be such a holier then thou, "i'm a cag vet, i know everything and more than you because i have been on cag for a year self-righteous kid", and learn something before attacking me and making assumptions based on some silly date in ones avatar.

Don't look now but your age is showing. :bouncy:

I pre-ordered back in the summer so this is a great added bonus. Not sure what to spend the $20 on. I have so many games coming out I pre-ordered already plus more I'm getting for x-mas....

[quote name='thrustbucket']It's hilarious people actually waited for the deal to go live to preorder. What a waste of time when you can just preorder and let the deal kick in on its own.[/QUOTE]

Maybe consumers waiting was the reason the credit was given in the first place. Buyers holding out, cancelling after the beta, or having pre-orders elsewhere may have kept Amazon's sales #'s down & they threw in the credit to boost sales, steal other companies' orders, and make people who were on the fence about buying make the jump and buy. Just something to think about :)

[quote name='retail sucks']Maybe consumers waiting was the reason the credit was given in the first place. Buyers holding out, cancelling after the beta, or having pre-orders elsewhere may have kept Amazon's sales #'s down & they threw in the credit to boost sales, steal other companies' orders, and make people who were on the fence about buying make the jump and buy. Just something to think about :)[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I knew a good number of people that held off due to the disappointing beta as well as lack of deals from Amazon. Now, we're all ordering it :)

[quote name='Bosamba']
and the launch copies have Battlefield 1943 ($15 on PSN store) on the disc at no additional charge http://www.consolelink.com/2011/06/e3-2011-battlefield-3-ps3-exclusive/[/QUOTE]
That'd be awesome, if they had a single player mode with bots or something. Although I'm sure more than a few of my friends on PSN will be getting this day one, so hopefully we can all play together on the same team in BF1943. Otherwise I'm playing this game solely for the SP mode.
[quote name='joshnorm']
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 w/gun for $19.99

Those two just jumped out at me (since maybe I jumped on them myself) but GS does have deals once in a while...[/QUOTE]
You do realize that TRU has that for $10, right?;)

Tempting... but I'm tied up with the Best Buy 5 for 100.

Looking up Amazon's pre-order bonus "dog tags", it's not even that great.

Sucks that Gamestop has the best pre-order of the bunch, dammit.

Add me to the list of people who were gonna skip BF3 after playing the Beta but jumped in late because of the $20 Credit from Amazon (and the fact that my accumulated Amazon credit means no out of pocket cost).

Quick question: This $20 Credit doesn't say it's limited only to Video Game items. Haven't other pre-order credits explicitly stated that?

Does that mean this Credit will be good on other stuff sold by Amazon as well?

[quote name='tridon']I have to say, I'm pretty peeved about this. So people who ordered 5 days before release get a $20 promotion, but people like me who pre-ordered from Amazon way back in February of this year get nothing but the dog tags that everyone else gets? Real nice, Amazon. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

The way amazon usually does it is they give out the promos to anyone who orders during or before the credit implementation. I would expect to see the $20 credit in your account soon. If you're worried, you could also cancel your pre-order and re-place the order. They don't charge you until it ships so no refunding will have to happen.

[quote name='esalw822']Add me to the list of people who were gonna skip BF3 after playing the Beta but jumped in late because of the $20 Credit from Amazon (and the fact that my accumulated Amazon credit means no out of pocket cost).

Quick question: This $20 Credit doesn't say it's limited only to Video Game items. Haven't other pre-order credits explicitly stated that?

Does that mean this Credit will be good on other stuff sold by Amazon as well?[/QUOTE]

Don't know if this will help answer your question...just throwing it out there....:)

To Receive the Promotion:

1. Add the qualifying item described in the offer to your Shopping Cart via the "Add to Shopping Cart" button on the product information page.
  2. We will send you a promotional code via email within two days after your order ships.
  3. To redeem your reward, add a qualifying item shipped and sold by Amazon.com to your shopping cart, and proceed to checkout. On the final checkout page, enter the promotional code in the "Gift Cards & Promotional Codes" box. Once you click Apply, the discount should appear in your Order Summary. The promotional credit must be used by its stated expiration date.
  4. Certain items may not qualify for the promotional credit, including but not limited to Gift Cards, Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads.
Terms and Conditions

• The promotion is limited to one per customer.
  • Qualifying customers are limited to one promotional credit for the lifetime of the promotion.
  • The promotion is valid for a limited time only. Amazon reserves the right to cancel it at any time.
  • If you do not purchase the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect or during any preceding pre-order period, if applicable, the promotional credit will not apply.
  • The promotion applies only to qualifying items displaying the offer message on their product information pages.
  • The promotion applies only to items sold and shipped by Amazon.com. The same items sold by other sellers (e.g. Target) do not qualify.
  • Items sold by Warehouse Deals are not eligible for this promotion.
  • If you return the qualifying items purchased to obtain the promotional credit, we will subtract the value of the promotional credit from your return credit.
  • Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click. The offer may not be combined with other offers.
  • Offer good while supplies last.
  • Void where prohibited.

[quote name='JungleRot']nah forget those lynching you. thanks for the post or I may never have been around for the drop when it happened. :applause:[/QUOTE]
i know i wouldn't have been. thanks, OP!

i never contacted amazon, so my accounts safe, lol!

[quote name='JungleRot']Don't know if this will help answer your question...just throwing it out there....:)

To Receive the Promotion:

1. Add the qualifying item described in the offer to your Shopping Cart via the "Add to Shopping Cart" button on the product information page.
  2. We will send you a promotional code via email within two days after your order ships.
  3. To redeem your reward, add a qualifying item shipped and sold by Amazon.com to your shopping cart, and proceed to checkout. On the final checkout page, enter the promotional code in the "Gift Cards & Promotional Codes" box. Once you click Apply, the discount should appear in your Order Summary. The promotional credit must be used by its stated expiration date.
  4. Certain items may not qualify for the promotional credit, including but not limited to Gift Cards, Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads.
Terms and Conditions

• The promotion is limited to one per customer.
  • Qualifying customers are limited to one promotional credit for the lifetime of the promotion.
  • The promotion is valid for a limited time only. Amazon reserves the right to cancel it at any time.
  • If you do not purchase the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect or during any preceding pre-order period, if applicable, the promotional credit will not apply.
  • The promotion applies only to qualifying items displaying the offer message on their product information pages.
  • The promotion applies only to items sold and shipped by Amazon.com. The same items sold by other sellers (e.g. Target) do not qualify.
  • Items sold by Warehouse Deals are not eligible for this promotion.
  • If you return the qualifying items purchased to obtain the promotional credit, we will subtract the value of the promotional credit from your return credit.
  • Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click. The offer may not be combined with other offers.
  • Offer good while supplies last.
  • Void where prohibited.
[/QUOTE]

Appreciate it, but yeah, I read the program details.

I just thought I remembered some of the other pre-order deals getting Credit that specifically mentioned "video game only" type credit associated with them and this didn't.

Thanks for the effort though man...

[quote name='austin43']The way amazon usually does it is they give out the promos to anyone who orders during or before the credit implementation. I would expect to see the $20 credit in your account soon. If you're worried, you could also cancel your pre-order and re-place the order. They don't charge you until it ships so no refunding will have to happen.[/QUOTE]
that wouldn't work, as they don't send the promo cred until 2 days after the game SHIPS.

...and the 20$ promo can be used on anything at amazon exept the specific items listed (kindle stuff, mp3s, rentals, etc). they are all different (the promos. some are for games only). read the description on the page & it tells you what it's good for!

Still can't find myself to pre-order after the bad taste the beta left on my eyes, lol. Was thinking about going hardened on MW3 but it seems that is not an option anymore at amazon. :(

[quote name='jimrome27']pre-ordered for the 360! Anyways, once I get the $20 promotion, can I use that to pre-order mw3?[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure that's what the majority of people preordering BF3 will be using the $20 for

[quote name='acdcrocks1980']I'm pretty sure that's what the majority of people preordering BF3 will be using the $20 for[/QUOTE]
Not really. I'm using mine for Uncharted 3.;) I like COD, but it's always been a $20 or under title for me.:)

[quote name='acdcrocks1980']I'm pretty sure that's what the majority of people preordering BF3 will be using the $20 for[/QUOTE]

Pssh, yeah right. I won't even put that piece of crap in my collection let alone waste game credit on it. Activision stopped trying years ago and they've had nothing decent since GH. If it weren't for huge discounts on Blur and DJH I doubt I'd own anything besides those 3 from them. Skyrim is a big meh too. I dunno what to spend the $20 on, depends on what drops in price first. I want the new Zelda, Batman, Uncharted, Rayman, Kirby, AC:R, several titles on the 3DS, R&C, Dark Souls, Catherine, and so on. The PS3 and 3DS have a huge list coming up and many of the recent releases need to drop into the $30 range so I can add them to the backlog.

[quote name='Paladinion']Um, did u ppl forget about SKYRIM : D
Put the 20 on that fools.[/QUOTE]
I didn't like Oblivion(blasphemy, I know), so why would I squander a $20 credit on a game I'll likely hate? If they made it so the third person view feels less forced and the guards in each area aren't so damned relentless, then maybe I might consider it....once the GOTY comes out and it's $20-30.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I didn't like Oblivion(blasphemy, I know), so why would I squander a $20 credit on a game I'll likely hate? If they made it so the third person view feels less forced and the guards in each area aren't so damned relentless, then maybe I might consider it....once the GOTY comes out and it's $20-30.;)[/QUOTE]

I didn't care for oblivion either but I am starting to fall for the hype. Though with batman and uncharted I can wait for a price drop I suppose. As with all bethesda titles I wouldn't be surprised to see this sub $25 in six months.

Meh. BF3 will fulfill my FPS need. CoD gets old.

I'll probably use mine on UC3 or Heart of the Swarm.

Mine's going on Skyrim most likely. And just curious, when do the promo codes expire? I remember a few years back that when I pre-ordered MW2, I had a $15 promo code from Amazon, but when I tried to use it a few months later, I found that it had expired and so I never used it.

For those asking about the credit, it can be used on (just about) anything shipped/sold by Amazon. Just read the terms of the promotion:

"Promotional credit good toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including gift cards, Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads)."

It isn't one of those crappy video game only credits.

I was leaning towards MW3 because my friends are on it, but this made me grab BF3 also. Worst comes to worse I trade it into BBY and get a free rental (no way this will be sub $25 TiV)

[quote name='WakYasuk']I think they last 1+ year?[/QUOTE]
My Batman general promo credit is valid until 10/31/2012 so yep looks like about 1 year.

If I had the $20 credit (had the PC DD that was on sale), I would not even think of putting MW3 in my collection. I find Battlefield to be a way better game than Call of Duty. Plus Battlefield has huge 128 player battles and maps made for PC (consoles got scaled down maps for 64 players).

[quote name='shortyman920']Mine's going on Skyrim most likely. And just curious, when do the promo codes expire? I remember a few years back that when I pre-ordered MW2, I had a $15 promo code from Amazon, but when I tried to use it a few months later, I found that it had expired and so I never used it.[/QUOTE]

As long as you apply if before the expire date, it does not matter when the next game ships. You can apply 20 that expires tomorrow on any preorder.

I'll probably save the $20 credit for BF. I already bought my MW3 hardened edition copy one eBay for $70 :), still have another copy preordered on Amazon and not sure if I will cancel or resell since they are OOS in many places now.

[quote name='209chromatic']I'll probably save the $20 credit for BF. I already bought my MW3 hardened edition copy one eBay for $70 :), still have another copy preordered on Amazon and not sure if I will cancel or resell since they are OOS in many places now.[/QUOTE]
You bought a Hardened Edition of MW3 on ebay for $70? Was it from a reputable seller? Hopefully you get what youre expecting..

K-mart has Amazon beaten by a landslide. Picked up Batman this week and received my $30.00 game coupon. Picking up Battlefield on Tuesday at K-mart for $30.00 (by using my coupon) and then getting another $20.00 game coupon for buying Battlefield which I will use on Uncharted the week after and get that one for $40.00 and receive another $20.00 game coupon that I will use on Skyrim to get it for $40.00. Man, now that's a deal. Almost no game full price.

[quote name='shortyman920']Mine's going on Skyrim most likely. And just curious, when do the promo codes expire? I remember a few years back that when I pre-ordered MW2, I had a $15 promo code from Amazon, but when I tried to use it a few months later, I found that it had expired and so I never used it.[/QUOTE]
just as the type of credits in these promos, every one is different. the gears3 was 1 year, but some have been 1 month. have to check the email when they send it, as there is not a single answer. hope that helps!

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']If I had the $20 credit (had the PC DD that was on sale), I would not even think of putting MW3 in my collection. I find Battlefield to be a way better game than Call of Duty. Plus Battlefield has huge 128 player battles and maps made for PC (consoles got scaled down maps for 64 players).[/QUOTE]
i'm pretty sure console has max of 24 players, and PC has max of 64.

[quote name='bromans12']K-mart has Amazon beaten by a landslide. Picked up Batman this week and received my $30.00 game coupon. Picking up Battlefield on Tuesday at K-mart for $30.00 (by using my coupon) and then getting another $20.00 game coupon for buying Battlefield which I will use on Uncharted the week after and get that one for $40.00 and receive another $20.00 game coupon that I will use on Skyrim to get it for $40.00. Man, now that's a deal. Almost no game full price.[/QUOTE]

Then go to the k-mart thread to post how great it is for you... Serioulsy, I agree that amazon has been slacking when it comes to offering $20 credits for most new releases where as k-mart almost always has...but you need to keep in mind that not everyone has a k-mart close by. My nearest is about a 30 minute drive, and when I did try to get the deals when k-mart first started, the employees were clueless and never had stock on release day or any of the bonus items/promotions. So it wasn't worth it for me. Also, a huge bonus for me, Amazon does trade ins (and some values are pretty nice) so I almost never have to pay actual cash for my games or other items I buy from amazon as a result. Also, the tax free plus free release day delivery (prime member, otherwise its only $0.99) is a nice little bonus. I usually like picking up collector/limited editions, something that K-mart rarely ever stocks, not to mention the bonus dlc/items amazon almost always includes....which I don't really care about personally, but fools on ebay don't seem to mind paying $20-30 for, so its even more of bonus for me. To each their own, but keep your k-mart loving to the k-mart thread.

[quote name='bromans12']K-mart has Amazon beaten by a landslide. Picked up Batman this week and received my $30.00 game coupon. Picking up Battlefield on Tuesday at K-mart for $30.00 (by using my coupon) and then getting another $20.00 game coupon for buying Battlefield which I will use on Uncharted the week after and get that one for $40.00 and receive another $20.00 game coupon that I will use on Skyrim to get it for $40.00. Man, now that's a deal. Almost no game full price.[/QUOTE]

I dunno about that. To get the coupons you need to use their 'please send me spam' card, and who needs that many new releases so quickly? I'd wait until those games hit $30 instead of paying $40 for half of them. Not to mention making so many trips.

bread's done
Back