Battlefield 3 (360/PS3) $20 Credit Promo BACK at Amazon

thegame956

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Deal is now live:

:360: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit
:ps3: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine shipped an hour ago.
Ps3 version is now OOS! :hot:

From Amazon:
"Due to overwhelming demand, we have unfortunately run out of our allocation of Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition for PlayStation 3. Please check back soon as we will have Standard Editions available for purchase. Thank you for your patience".

[quote name='FerDK']Mine shipped an hour ago.

From Amazon:
"Due to overwhelming demand, we have unfortunately run out of our allocation of Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition for PlayStation 3. Please check back soon as we will have Standard Editions available for purchase. Thank you for your patience".[/QUOTE]

This is one time I am glad I am getting the LE early. Getting this at Amazon for my nephew and Best Buy for me. Sounds like there won't be many left after the 1st week. With the Karkand Maps this was a good deal.

[quote name='FerDK']Mine shippeped an hour ago.

From Amazon:
"Due to overwhelming demand, we have unfortunately run out of our allocation of Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition for PlayStation 3. Please check back soon as we will have Standard Editions available for purchase. Thank you for your patience".[/QUOTE]

woah ! Good thing I ordered the ps3 version right after the 20$ credit went live. This doesn't surprise me though as ea and Sony have been promoting it like activision and Microsoft do for cod. Gotta love competition

shit!@ i am going to bb in a few to get it at midnight and was planning on purchasing from amazon for the $20 credit and just returning the unopened one tomorrow!

[quote name='akir']shit!@ i am going to bb in a few to get it at midnight and was planning on purchasing from amazon for the $20 credit and just returning the unopened one tomorrow![/QUOTE]

Why don't you just exchange it for uncharted 3 or another game while you just wait for your battlefield 3 copy to come in from amazon

[quote name='strait edge follower']Why don't you just exchange it for uncharted 3 or another game while you just wait for your battlefield 3 copy to come in from amazon[/QUOTE]

i kept putting off preording from amazon like an idiot and now they're sold out. i preordered from bb a while ago during a pre order any game for 40% deal.

[quote name='akir']i kept putting off preording from amazon like an idiot and now they're sold out. i preordered from bb a while ago during a pre order any game for 40% deal.[/QUOTE]

I almost did the same thing. Good thing I followed my gamer instinct on this one and ordered it on time

Ekks mine says shipping soon but I've been charged same thing happened with ncaa fb12 didn't show up until 2 days after even with release day shipping

Wow, so I'm subscribed to GameFly and haven't gotten a game from them in like 10 days. (Ace Combat and Dead Island were my top 2 in the queue).

Guess what? They shipped Battlefield 3 to me today! I bought Battlefield. Why can't I just get Ace Combat???? Sheez.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If the Karkand maps are just for MP then I'll probably sell mine for around what they're getting at retail.:razz:[/QUOTE]

I think I'm going to do the same. I still have a map pack code from Gears 2 that I never used. I'll be happy if I sell it for $10

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If the Karkand maps are just for MP then I'll probably sell mine for around what they're getting at retail.:razz:[/QUOTE]

Im doing the same thing. I always make a nice profit of dlc codes

Man, I missed the $20 pre-order credit and now I miss the PS3 LE version all because of waiting for my trade ins to process. The credit will be there tomorrow....1 day too late.

I may just wait until I get my gaming PC. I don't want to pay $60 plus $15 for a map pack.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah they will most likely be $10-$15[/QUOTE]

like day 1 or will it be like a month later release?

I'm not sure how hard I should work to get the LE.

[quote name='confoosious']like day 1 or will it be like a month later release?

I'm not sure how hard I should work to get the LE.[/QUOTE]

Karkand won't be available from day 1

[quote name='cancerman1120']Sounds like a bigger problem...dirt in your yard? What happened to the grass?[/QUOTE]
I live in the desert

If you guys have a pc that can handle this and deciding between console version vs pc. Grab pc! I had my doubts on rather i should play this on pc since all my friends are on console but wow im so glad i did. The 64 player battles are just epic.

[quote name='confoosious']can you just buy the karkand maps?[/QUOTE]
$15 according to the EA guy in IGN livestream yesterday.

[quote name='Flame Killa']That's pretty amazing that both the 360 version and PS3 version sold out; never seen that before.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, for once (in recent times) an LE actually is limited! I remember a few days ago someone posting in a forum about a friend of his who works retail, and that they had already received a large stock of non-LE Battlefield 3 copies for all systems.

That right there motivated me to quickly pre-order...well that and Amazon's last minute $20 bonus. ;)

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Yeah, for once (in recent times) an LE actually is limited! I remember a few days ago someone posting in a forum about a friend of his who works retail, and that they had already received a large stock of non-LE Battlefield 3 copies for all systems.

That right there motivated me to quickly pre-order...well that and Amazon's last minute $20 bonus. ;)[/QUOTE]
I don't see how this is a good thing? Unlike other LEs where you get physical goods and actually being limited increases it's value, all you get is digital content which EA can sell on it's own later...

Basically EA prints fewer LEs so they can charge customers later for it makes it good? um ok...

[quote name='Newl']I don't see how this is a good thing? Unlike other LEs where you get physical goods and actually being limited increases it's value, all you get is digital content which EA can sell on it's own later...

Basically EA prints fewer LEs so they can charge customers later for it makes it good? um ok...[/QUOTE]

Complaining about free stuff. Only on CAG.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']Complaining about free stuff. Only on CAG.[/QUOTE]
who's complaining? i like free stuff.

Just looking at it from the consumer/industry viewpoint and not the typical gamer; "gamez r teh fun derp."

I guess if you really wanted to spin it, you can sell that code for more than it's worth on eBay...

[quote name='Newl']I don't see how this is a good thing? Unlike other LEs where you get physical goods and actually being limited increases it's value, all you get is digital content which EA can sell on it's own later...

Basically EA prints fewer LEs so they can charge customers later for it makes it good? um ok...[/QUOTE]

I don't see where you are coming from really. For one, I never stated it was good, that was simply your assumption.

All I said is that I was motivated to pre-order for 2 reasons. It was actually going to be limited and Amazon's $20 bonus.

And if you haven't noticed by now, ALL developers/publishers charge extra for DLC, so I don't understand your gripe over EA rewarding people who pre-order BF3 with the first DLC map pack for free. Which is a $15 savings (as that is how much Karkand will cost upon release in late Nov./early Dec.) I might add.

So yes, it was worth it for me as I receive $15 worth of DLC for free and a $20 bonus credit from Amazon. And since I paid for BF3-LE fully using existing promo credit, $20 will go right back into my AMZ pot...essentially making the price of the game $40. Yep...I'd say this was a hell of a deal for such a high-profile title on release. ;)

[quote name='Flame Killa']That's pretty amazing that both the 360 version and PS3 version sold out; never seen that before.[/QUOTE]

360 version is still in stock with a $10 credit

I just got the dog tag code and the 20$ credit. This credit is a promotional code instead of the automatic one. Ive Never gotten credit with a redeem code from amazon before

Oh and guys it expires the 31'st, how lame is that. Now I have to use it quickly

[quote name='strait edge follower']Oh and guys it expires the 31'st, how lame is that. Now I have to use it quickly[/QUOTE]Mine says October 31st, 2012. So unless you're from the future, there's no rush. ;)

[quote name='strait edge follower']i just got the dog tag code and the 20$ credit. This credit is a promotional code instead of the automatic one. Ive never gotten credit with a redeem code from amazon before

oh and guys it expires the 31'st, how lame is that. Now i have to use it quickly[/quote]

oct, 31 2012

[quote name='garrett007']oct, 31 2012[/QUOTE]

Edit I was beaten
Edit again sorry I'm on my phone how do I delete posts on the mobile version

This is kind of offtopic, but I received an email from Newegg stating that they had LE copies on all three platforms for $59.99 with free shipping. This is more than likely related to all those people who canceled their Newegg orders and went with Amazon. So if you really want an LE and were unable to get in on Amazon's deal, you'd still be saving $15 (value of the expansion pack): http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/Oct-0-2011/BF325/index-landing.html?nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL102511&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL102511-_-EMC-102511-Index-_-E0-_-Battlefield3

[quote name='strait edge follower']Sorry it says 2012 lol. I'm so tired this morning I didn't read it right[/QUOTE]

Funny I also didn't catch 2012 and immediately pre-ordered Super Mario 3D Land. For $18.99 I'm happy.

Def would've gone with AZ on this one, but seeing as I had a $10 RZ certificate and got $39 for RAGE, I had to go with Best Buy. At least that SPECACT kit sells for 10-20 on ebay. I couldn't care less about MP skins but I want the LE dlc.

[quote name='thrustbucket']what would does the dog tag code do?[/QUOTE]

In the game, you have a customizable dog tag that your enemies can see when you kill them, and they can also collect them when they knife you. The code is for a unique set of 10 designs that you can't unlock by playing the game.

bread's done
Back