Battlefield 3 (360/PS3) $20 Credit Promo BACK at Amazon

thegame956

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Deal is now live:

:360: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit
:ps3: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried to sell my dog tags on ebay but the listing got taken down. Its cool though since they were free.
Im glad amazon offered $20 since I wasn't even planing on buying this game. so far Im having a lot of fun in multiplayer.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's your money, I suppose. But I'm glad I got the LE, since I can sell off the dogtag code AND the Karkand code and get this game for basically $35 if both of the codes sell for $25 combined. To each their own though...[/QUOTE]Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to use the Online Pass Code to not only play online, but eventually get the free pack?[quote name='GTR R35']I have redeemed Amazons DogTag dlc but they not showing up at my soldiers DT menu,how many are included? All i see is N7 and classic BF2 tag..let me know fellaz.[/QUOTE]
Did you switch to "right tag"?

[quote name='jbLighty']Tried to sell my dog tags on ebay but the listing got taken down. Its cool though since they were free.
Im glad amazon offered $20 since I wasn't even planing on buying this game. so far Im having a lot of fun in multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

It was taken down ? I didn't know shrike was a mod there too :)

[quote name='MightyHealthy']Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to use the Online Pass Code to not only play online, but eventually get the free pack?[/QUOTE]
Not a clue. I intend to sell/trade my two codes(dog tag/Karkand) on here, CL or eBay. Basically wherever I feel I can get the most to offset my out of pocket cost for the game itself. I have no intention of playing online at all with this game. Shocking,huh?;):booty:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'] Not a clue. I intend to sell/trade my two codes(dog tag/Karkand) on here, CL or eBay. Basically wherever I feel I can get the most to offset my out of pocket cost for the game itself. I have no intention of playing online at all with this game. Shocking,huh?;):booty:[/QUOTE]

Then why buy it as soon as it comes out? Battlefield games are known for the multiplayer and definitely not their single player.

[quote name='Aerc']Then why buy it as soon as it comes out? Battlefield games are known for the multiplayer and definitely not their single player.[/QUOTE]
because the codes are worth more when they just come out :lol:

[quote name='aircobra']The Back to Karkland pack is tied to the online pass[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Aerc']Then why buy it as soon as it comes out? Battlefield games are known for the multiplayer and definitely not their single player.[/QUOTE]
Because I wanted to play the single player game AND lessen my out of pocket cost by selling off the dog tag and Karkand codes while I might be able to get the full value or close to it for them?

The whole online pass/locking out on disc content(again looking at you WB Games and the Catwoman code bs) thing still kinda disgusts me anyway.

I can identify with iatcg as I'm doing what he's doing. I ordered the game to get the 20$ and have fun with the campaign. I'm then going to sell of the codes and the game itself (or flip it) to basically get my 59.99 or even more back. You get free credit and walk away with profit from the game itself. As for the mp, it seems cool but there are so many great mp games out there that I won't be heart broken if I don't play bf3 online for the time being

[quote name='strait edge follower']I can identify with iatcg as I'm doing what he's doing. I ordered the game to get the 20$ and have fun with the campaign. I'm then going to sell of the codes and the game itself (or flip it) to basically get my 59.99 or even more back. You get free credit and walk away with profit from the game itself. As for the mp, it seems cool but there are so many great mp games out there that I won't be heart broken if I don't play bf3 online for the time being[/QUOTE]
Thing is, the only mp I was considering playing for this was the co-op with friends(and the BF1943 co-op against bots till EA/Dice removed it from the LE:bomb: fuckin' bastards.). But as I've said prior my shitty connection would probably give me the boot from the co-op in short order and I'd end up having wasted the code for nothing.

So if it means someone else who didn't order the LE while availble can get the dog tag and Karkand content and I get some money for them, then it's a win-win.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Because I wanted to play the single player game AND lessen my out of pocket cost by selling off the dog tag and Karkand codes while I might be able to get the full value or close to it for them?

The whole online pass/locking out on disc content(again looking at you WB Games and the Catwoman code bs) thing still kinda disgusts me anyway.[/QUOTE]

Well Karkand isn't on disc so don't beat that dead horse! Anyway good luck selling that dog tag code, I'm sure you'll find some sucker to buy it though it's not really worth anything.

When you redeem your LE Online Pass on the 360 does it just say Online Pass or LE Online Pass/ Karkand (etc.) I just want to make sure my code is working properly as I only saw it say Online Pass.

[quote name='gotdott']Well Karkand isn't on disc so don't beat that dead horse! Anyway good luck selling that dog tag code, I'm sure you'll find some sucker to buy it though it's not really worth anything.[/QUOTE]

Everyone is undercutting each other but if you look at recent closed listings they sold for $8-15 all day yesterday. They are shitty but are better than nothing till you earn real ones. Gamestop / Best Buy codes are the big winners. These things amaze me game after game what people pay for guns no better than what you already have really. Although that GS shotgun is nice, I found it laying around last night and raped a lil.

I understand why they doing it and not everyone is into MP but I always find it humorous when people buy big online games day one for offline. Hell i'll admit to never even once playing Black Ops SP yet I logged 10 days online + who knows in zombies, MW2 I made it half way through SP I think.

Battlefield mp is kinda frustrating. I'm finding it not nearly as precise as BFBC2 was. I gotta stop now cause I'm getting pissed...tempted to use that GS code. lol

[quote name='sneezebu']ITT dudes are buying the worst campaign of the year for $60 and defending the decision. This gen is awesome.[/QUOTE]

I think Homefront's 3 hour campaign and Brink's non-existent one agree to disagree.

[quote name='sneezebu']ITT dudes are buying the worst campaign of the year for $60 and defending the decision. This gen is awesome.[/QUOTE]

The fact that I should get at least my 59.99 back shouldn't make this a problem :)

[quote name='FlipSide']Does the Amazon Dog Tags come in a separate e-mail? Got the $20 promo code but no Dog Tags yet.[/QUOTE]

Same here, got the $20 promo code yesterday but still no email about the dog tags. I'm waiting until the end of the day to contact amazon cs.

[quote name='NicaVic']Same here, got the $20 promo code yesterday but still no email about the dog tags. I'm waiting until the end of the day to contact amazon cs.[/QUOTE]

I contacted them yesterday via Chat and that was about worthless. Rep said he'd forward my issue on to their marketing team and they'd get back to me within 24-48 hours via e-mail. So I'll give it a couple days.

Based on what people have been saying about the tags, I'm not even that hot on getting them. Ultimately though, I suppose it's just the principal of it.

[quote name='Owen']When you redeem your LE Online Pass on the 360 does it just say Online Pass or LE Online Pass/ Karkand (etc.) I just want to make sure my code is working properly as I only saw it say Online Pass.[/QUOTE]

I brought an online/Karkand LE pass code for the PS3 & it just said online pass as well. I have the standard edition coming in later today.

I'm just not going to pick up my GameStop LE because the physical warfare pack just doesn't seem worth it. I'll just stick with my PS3 LE from Best Buy and sell my XBOX LE from Amazon. The XBOX edition looked very popular locally so hopefully its LE sells out so I can basically come out ahead with a free $20 gift card.

Battlefield was always a multiplayer only type of game, and I bought the game for that. I probably will never even play singleplayer. If you play Battlefield 3 for multiplayer then it's a great game.

[quote name='pete11888']anyone else having problems redeeming their $20 code? mine is having errors. does the game have to be delivered?[/QUOTE]

I did and contacted amazon and this is what they said back. Amazon fails me yet again why bother anymore!

I'm sorry to hear that the $20 promotional code you received for "Battlefield 3" did not work.

I've issued you a $10 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. The expiration date is December 31, 2020.

Note: the promotional certificate cannot be applied to items offered by third party sellers even items fulfilled by Amazon.com on our website.

You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next qualifying order automatically without entering a claim code. Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order. For more information about using your promotional certificate, including the terms and conditions for using the certificate, visit our Help pages:

They will not give me more then $10 credit even through i was supposed to get $20.

Odd they screwed up my entire credit when i check video on demand check balance of credits it shows.

Your Balances
AMAZON GIFT CARD
$0.00
AMAZON
MP3
$30.00
AMAZON INSTANT VIDEO
$30.00
KINDLE
EDITIONS
$20.00
SOFTWARE/
VIDEO GAMES
$30.00
APPS FOR
ANDROID
$20.00

I had 20 in video games and 15-20 in video then 5-10 in mp3. But they did take all my kindle and andriod credit long ago on me but was only about 10 each. I do not want any of the other credits which sucks only cared about games. They gave me $10 in games just wish it was the 20 i was promised...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I did and contacted amazon and this is what they said back. Amazon fails me yet again why bother anymore!

I'm sorry to hear that the $20 promotional code you received for "Battlefield 3" did not work.

I've issued you a $10 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. The expiration date is December 31, 2020.

Note: the promotional certificate cannot be applied to items offered by third party sellers even items fulfilled by Amazon.com on our website.

You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next qualifying order automatically without entering a claim code. Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order. For more information about using your promotional certificate, including the terms and conditions for using the certificate, visit our Help pages:

They will not give me more then $10 credit even through i was supposed to get $20.

Odd they screwed up my entire credit when i check video on demand check balance of credits it shows.

Your Balances
AMAZON GIFT CARD
$0.00
AMAZON
MP3
$30.00
AMAZON INSTANT VIDEO
$30.00
KINDLE
EDITIONS
$20.00
SOFTWARE/
VIDEO GAMES
$30.00
APPS FOR
ANDROID
$20.00

I had 20 in video games and 15-20 in video then 5-10 in mp3. But they did take all my kindle and andriod credit long ago on me but was only about 10 each. I do not want any of the other credits which sucks only cared about games. They gave me $10 in games just wish it was the 20 i was promised...[/QUOTE]
hey my $20 promo did not show up in there, just so you know. It was weird, I knwo it used to show up before, but not these $20. But when I order stuff from Amazon.com , it does take away the total amount. Try it and let me know.

[quote name='R0tatioNz']I didn't get either the codes for the dog-tags or the $10GC....I DID get the $20.....but I hope that there will be the $10 also....anyone else in a similar situation?[/QUOTE]

Why would you get a $10 GC AND the $20 credit? The $20 one was for pre-orders before 10/24 and the $10 one is not for pre-orders, just buying the game after 10/24. No one is getting both unless you bought 2 games, one pre-order and one not pre-ordered.

I pre-ordered a PS3 and one Xbox 360, I got $20 promo for each order, but only received dog tag code for PS3 so far. I did order the PS3 first, so I'll just wait to see how that goes.

[quote name='FlipSide']Does the Amazon Dog Tags come in a separate e-mail? Got the $20 promo code but no Dog Tags yet.[/QUOTE]
Yes. I already used my $20 code on a copy of Lord Of The Rings: War In The North, which has a $20 promo credit with it too, which I can then use on either Uncharted 3 or Saint's Row The Third. Then I'm done buying games till the middle of next year or so since I'll be out of Amazon credit by then.

I'll probably price the dogtag and Karkand/online pass codes at like $20 for both to blow em out. Although I should probably wait till all of the "LE's" dry up at retail so I'm not competing with other people trying to sell them.

I'm so pissed at origin, originally Pre Ordered through them for $48. After amazon posted this deal I canceled my order on origin, got confirmation email of cancellation and everything. Anyway 25th comes I get my amazon order and EA sent me a box too... I get on Origin chat support, had to wait 30mins. They tell me something went wrong on their end and I got charged and the game was sent even after I canceled.

They told me I can send it back for a refund but I have to pay the shipping and they wont reimburse my shipping the game to them. WTF???? They screw up and I have to pay for it? Never buying anything from origin again.

[quote name='Driver121113']I'm so pissed at origin, originally Pre Ordered through them for $48. After amazon posted this deal I canceled my order on origin, got confirmation email of cancellation and everything. Anyway 25th comes I get my amazon order and EA sent me a box too... I get on Origin chat support, had to wait 30mins. They tell me something went wrong on their end and I got charged and the game was sent even after I canceled.

They told me I can send it back for a refund but I have to pay the shipping and they wont reimburse my shipping the game to them. WTF???? They screw up and I have to pay for it? Never buying anything from origin again.[/QUOTE]

origin sucks, they haven't shipped most peoples' need for speed hot pursuit (from the insider deals) in 2+ weeks..their customer service is by far the worst..they take so long and are rarely every helpful through chat

also quick question, I know this has been probably asked but you enter the promo credit code when you are ordering something right?

[quote name='WakYasuk']origin sucks, they haven't shipped most peoples' need for speed hot pursuit (from the insider deals) in 2+ weeks..their customer service is by far the worst..they take so long and are rarely every helpful through chat

also quick question, I know this has been probably asked but you enter the promo credit code when you are ordering something right?[/QUOTE]

Basically the same happened to me, origin sucks, I can't see any reason to ever deal with them again. Luckily, I have a friend who wants the game so he gave me the $48 for it. So no messing with ea and he gets a pretty decent price. But yea, never again origin, you blew it with me. When I've looked at craigslist, the price seems to be 50-60, maybe it's just best to sell the game instead of taking the hit on the return shipping. Though, I'm sure you would have a case with your cc company.

for the amazon code, I think you can enter it any time and it just keeps a $20 credit on you account.

[quote name='aznhero913']fuck that.. If you have a cancellation email, just call your cc company and dispute the charge.[/QUOTE]

Here is what the cancellation email looked like....
Origin - Order Cancellation Notice (Order #)

Dear.....,

Thank you for ordering from Origin. At your request, or at the request of the fulfiller and/or the manufacturer, the following was canceled from your order.

Product Name Qty Ordered Reason for Cancellation
Battlefield 1 Not Satisfied

Your Order Information:
Order ID:
Order Date: September 15, 2011
Shopper ID:

If you have questions about your order, please visit: www.findmyorder.com

Please note: This email message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,
Origin Customer Service
support.ea.com

Does anyone know if this would be prof enough to dispute the charge? I normally wouldn't do that but after them putting it all on me I feel I should dispute it.

I haven't played a single player game since Kingdom Hearts 2. BF3 is a multiplayer game. Which is very well done. :cool:

yes it is. Just call your CC company and ask to forward that message.

[quote name='Driver121113']Here is what the cancellation email looked like....
Origin - Order Cancellation Notice (Order #)

Dear.....,

Thank you for ordering from Origin. At your request, or at the request of the fulfiller and/or the manufacturer, the following was canceled from your order.

Product Name Qty Ordered Reason for Cancellation
Battlefield 1 Not Satisfied

Your Order Information:
Order ID:
Order Date: September 15, 2011
Shopper ID:

If you have questions about your order, please visit: www.findmyorder.com

Please note: This email message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,
Origin Customer Service
support.ea.com

Does anyone know if this would be prof enough to dispute the charge? I normally wouldn't do that but after them putting it all on me I feel I should dispute it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yes. I already used my $20 code on a copy of Lord Of The Rings: War In The North, which has a $20 promo credit with it too, which I can then use on either Uncharted 3 or Saint's Row The Third. Then I'm done buying games till the middle of next year or so since I'll be out of Amazon credit by then.

I'll probably price the dogtag and Karkand/online pass codes at like $20 for both to blow em out. Although I should probably wait till all of the "LE's" dry up at retail so I'm not competing with other people trying to sell them.[/QUOTE]

The online pass for the limited edition includes the Karkland. Not sure why you would buy the game and not play it online. The single player is jsut an add on. You would have saved money just renting for 1 or 2 days.

[quote name='aznhero913']yes it is. Just call your CC company and ask to forward that message.[/QUOTE]

Will try and call tomorrow after work. Thanks for the reply.

I got my Amazon $20 as a code and not a instant credit like most were but had no trouble. Pre-ordered Otomedius Excellent with it. :D

Driver your situation is a lot uglier than mine... I originally ordered from Origin site with the birthday coupon for $47 but cancelled and got a Paypal refund after Amazon had the $20 GC offer. They shipped me a copy on release day for free. Sounds like they don't know cancel means do not ship!

The site is horrible, cancelling was a HUGE pain in my ass so screw um I kept it.

[quote name='NicaVic']Same here, got the $20 promo code yesterday but still no email about the dog tags. I'm waiting until the end of the day to contact amazon cs.[/QUOTE]

Just the opposite for me. I got the dog tags and nothing about the $20 promo code.

Literally just received my dog tags bonus via email. Guess amazon is just taking some time with a few of our pre-order bonuses.

[quote name='Dalerax']Literally just received my dog tags bonus via email. Guess amazon is just taking some time with a few of our pre-order bonuses.[/QUOTE]

I also finally got my dog tag e-mail this morning.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']The online pass for the limited edition includes the Karkland. Not sure why you would buy the game and not play it online. The single player is jsut an add on. You would have saved money just renting for 1 or 2 days.[/QUOTE]
I'm still deciding if I want to sell my codes or not, since I know at least three of my PSN friends have the game now. A couple of them have been playing the co-op(which I assume you have to use your online pass to access either way:roll:)and I've been tempted to join them. If more people I know on PSN had the game and I wasn't a spray n pray kinda player, then I'd definitely try the multiplayer. But without people I know to back me up, I know I'd get sniped in a half second.:roll:

I got my dog tag code Tuesday morning and the game shipped Tuesday afternoon, but still no sight of the $20 code. Anyone in the same boat?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm still deciding if I want to sell my codes or not, since I know at least three of my PSN friends have the game now. A couple of them have been playing the co-op(which I assume you have to use your online pass to access either way:roll:)and I've been tempted to join them. If more people I know on PSN had the game and I wasn't a spray n pray kinda player, then I'd definitely try the multiplayer. But without people I know to back me up, I know I'd get sniped in a half second.:roll:[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. Friends play COD and I might be able to switch them, but would have to test out the online. But my cheap self keeps saying "don't redeem a $25 code on a game you might play for 2 weeks until CoD comes out..."

That side of me has a point. Although I am thinking about Exchanging the LE code for a regular online pass + some cash. So basically they get a discounted Karkand pack and I get to test the online.

Im thinking If i should flip bf3 When im done with it and sell the online pass seperatly or just sell it all together on craigslist When the limited editions dry up at retial

So I have asked a bunch of times....and no one responded (sadface.jpg)

They changed it to $10 GC after it was $20....people said they got $30GC in the form of $20+$10&dog tags...I didn't receive any additional $10GC which I just want to make sure, is possible.

Can ANYONE help??? :(

[quote name='R0tatioNz']So I have asked a bunch of times....and no one responded (sadface.jpg)

They changed it to $10 GC after it was $20....people said they got $30GC in the form of $20+$10&dog tags...I didn't receive any additional $10GC which I just want to make sure, is possible.

Can ANYONE help??? :([/QUOTE]

If they received both then it was an error on amazons part. It is supposed to be one or the other, not both.

bread's done
Back