Battlefield 3 (360/PS3/PC) Pre-order Bonuses and Deals Thread

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Battlefield 3 - Release Date 10/25/11

All pre-orders are Limited Edition that inlcudes the Back to Karkand expansion pack for free. The expansion includes four maps from Battlefield 2 re-imagined in the Frostbite 2 engine, as well as Battlefield 2 weapons, vehicles, and unique rewards.

iconamazon.gif
Amazon
$20 $10 Credit 360/PS3 Versions + Release Day Delivery
$50.99 PC Download & Boxed Version
Dog Tag Pack containing 10 dog tags for multiplayer.

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
$10 off Battlefield 3 Strategy Guides
Get 40% extra trade-in credit with Battlefield 3 purchase (50% for GC Unlocked members)
PS3 160GB console + Battlefield 3 + Bluetooth Headset + 3-Month PSN Plus Subscription Card $309.96

Above deals good 10/23 - 10/29
SPECACT kit upgrade with 8 multiplayer skins (Code on receipt if checked out properly; emailed if RZ member)

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop
$10 gift card and double POWERUP reward points (PC download only)
Physical Warfare Pack containing DAO-12 Shotgun, Flash Suppressor. Type 88 LMG, Flachette Ammo (3 timed exclusive weapons, to be free DLC for everyone at a later date - and 1 early unlock)
30% Trade Bonus (50% trade bonus coupon available on www.poweruprewards.com through Sunday Oct. 23)

kmart.gif
Kmart
B&M: (PS3, 360) Shop Your Way Rewards Members get a $20 Gaming Coupon + Save $20 on X12 Turtle Beach or Save $30 on Sony 7.1 Headset

:360: Microsoft Store
Online: Get $10 off your next purchase when you pre-order Battlefield 3 + free next day shipping
B&M: Place $10 towards your pre-order, receive an additional $5 off. If your store has a midnight launch, you MAY qualify for an extra $25 gift card for attending (call store for more details).

newegg.gif
Newegg
$47.99 PC boxed version

:pc: Origin
(PC only) Physical Warfare Pack containing DAO-12 Shotgun, Flash Suppressor. Type 88 LMG, Flachette Ammo. Battlefield Play4Free Items: 870 Combat Shotgun, Beret

:pc:Digital Game Sales [Origin] Battlefield 3 SE: $31.99 - Battlefield 3 LE: $41.99

Link for both.

LE still includes Back to Karkand. No pre-order deals included.

Euro and RUS versions activate on Origin with no conflict as well. However, when you're playing the RUS BF3, it will say Battlefield 3 LE Russian instead of just Battlefield 3 LE, or something like that. The Euro release doesn't say anything in particular.

UPC Info
:ps3: non-LE: 014633197280 from buy.com needs physical/visual confirmation
:ps3: LE: 014633195927
:360: non-LE: 014633197372 from buy.com needs physical/visual confirmation
:360: LE: 014633195934

Last edited by a moderator:
damn finally got my codes via EA chat. Rage ended. Dude that I was chatting with said, there's no more code. I had 2 orders, and he was only able to give me 1 code. I didn't want to twist his arms because he helped me with one. So i ended chat. maybe someone can confirm this? Esp. the guy that's still in queue.

[quote name='Owen']None other then buying Karkand when it is offically released in a few weeks to a month.[/QUOTE]

Wait is this stuff in the limited edition the online pass or dlc or both? The guy Im selling it to doesn't care as long as he still has the online pass, I'll use the other stuff if it gets me the DLC to ebay.

[quote name='kouleefoh']damn finally got my codes via EA chat. Rage ended. Dude that I was chatting with said, there's no more code. I had 2 orders, and he was only able to give me 1 code. I didn't want to twist his arms because he helped me with one. So i ended chat. maybe someone can confirm this? Esp. the guy that's still in queue.[/QUOTE]

Can I psuedo rage and get a free one? ;)

Glad you got one. Already got mine listed and might still buy another just because they're going for almost $30.

[quote name='KtMack23']Wait is this stuff in the limited edition the online pass or dlc or both? The guy Im selling it to doesn't care as long as he still has the online pass, I'll use the other stuff if it gets me the DLC to ebay.[/QUOTE]

Its one code, the online pass and DLC are tied to it.

[quote name='KtMack23']Wait is this stuff in the limited edition the online pass or dlc or both? The guy Im selling it to doesn't care as long as he still has the online pass, I'll use the other stuff if it gets me the DLC to ebay.[/QUOTE]

It's the online pass and dlc, but the you don't get the karkand dlc yet. You're just entitled to it when it's released.

[quote name='brother daz']its one code, the online pass and dlc are tied to it.[/quote]

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

I have not opened mine yet but if you only see one code in there and you bought the Limited Edition then it is a combined Karkand LE and Online Pass.

[quote name='Owen']I have not opened mine yet but if you only see one code in there and you bought the Limited Edition then it is a combined Karkand LE and Online Pass.[/QUOTE]

Mines the Limited Edition. But again, I'm selling it, so I haven't opened it.

In and out easy as pie!

Jose:
Thank you for contacting Origin Help. My name is Jose. How may I assist you today?
you:
Hi Jose I am having problems with my pre order of Battlefield 3
Jose:
Ok may I have the order number and your first and last name?
you:
I preordered from Best Buy and when I picked up my copy the DLC was not included with the game like was stated.
you:
I went back to the store and called their customer support and I was directed to contact EA directly
you:
which I am doing now
you:
any way you can help me please? I have been dealing with this all day! :(
Jose:
That's fine if I can get your first and last name and email address and I can definitely get that handled for you.
you:
Thank you
you:
MXXX XXXXX [email protected]
Jose:
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
Jose:
That is a code for the SPECACT Kit
you:
Thank you Jose!
you:
I appreciate it!
Jose:
Thank you for contacting Origin and chatting with me. I do appreciate your time and have a great day!
you:
You too!

Your lucky WV Matsui as I was in a queue before your post about it being 16 minutes and this Kumar guy started the chat and did not type anything so now I have to wait in another queue for 40 minutes this time. I refuse to drive back to Best Buy today and now I am even more pissed since I am going to be wasting over an hour just trying to contact support. Hopefully I get Jose or at least some semi competent CS rep this time.

[quote name='Owen']Your lucky WV Matsui as I was in a queue before your post about it being 16 minutes and this Kumar guy started the chat and did not type anything so now I have to wait in another queue for 40 minutes this time. I refuse to drive back to Best Buy today and now I am even more pissed since I am going to be wasting over an hour just trying to contact support. Hopefully I get Jose or at least some semi competent CS rep this time.[/QUOTE]

Good luck Owen!

[quote name='KtMack23']I've got Chelsey and she's taking like 15 minutes to verify my email.... :p[/QUOTE]

I was waiting about 10 minutes before that rep even typed his hello then he just stopped responding as I patiently waited another 10 minutes or so for any signs of life. So if you work in India at a CS Rep Center for EA and your buddies last name is Kumar, I think he may have died at his keyboard.

I preordered this game 2x one through amazon and other bb and go figure bb screws me yet again! I never got my dang robin dlc for batman AC!

[quote name='Owen']I was waiting about 10 minutes before that rep even typed his hello then he just stopped responding as I patiently waited another 10 minutes or so for any signs of life. So if you work in India at a CS Rep Center for EA and your buddies last name is Kumar, I think he may have died at his keyboard.[/QUOTE]

Muhahahaha now that made the bs with bf3 servers being down so less painful. :)

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I preordered this game 2x one through amazon and other bb and go figure bb screws me yet again! I never got my dang robin dlc for batman AC![/QUOTE]

They never emailed that one as it was inside the package. My local Best Buy still have copies with it on the shelves.

Chelsy told me that my code should be on my receipt.... Ugh. After convincing her it wasn't she made me take a picture, tells me to copy it into the chat box, and that locks up the chat box and it force closes. GRRRR

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I preordered this game 2x one through amazon and other bb and go figure bb screws me yet again! I never got my dang robin dlc for batman AC![/QUOTE]

Uhhh wasn't the robin DLC actually in the package?

[quote name='kouleefoh']hahaha! KtMack that's hella funny, frustrating but funny. Codes aren't selling on ebay as fast as i thought. =?[/QUOTE]

I was waiting on the phone with a EA guy and he got me a code, so it's all good now! And now I've got a pretty funny story lol

[quote name='KtMack23']I was waiting on the phone with a EA guy and he got me a code, so it's all good now! And now I've got a pretty funny story lol[/QUOTE]

What number did you use as I also signed up for the phone contact but have not heard from them yet. Jose is no help now and says I need to contact Best Buy for that content. If I have to drive back to Best Buy to get my code, I might as well return the game then as I have already wasted enough time in these queues and do not want to waste more time and gas to get what I should have had to begin with.

I sat waiting 30min for chat support and person never typed when they got in room so had to restart timer which was bull. Sh?@ so instead I waited on phone for best buy gaming and the lady on there gave me a code over phone so worst case sit on phone with best buy for an hour and get your code

[quote name='Owen']What number did you use as I also signed up for the phone contact but have not heard from them yet. Jose is no help now and says I need to contact Best Buy for that content. If I have to drive back to Best Buy to get my code, I might as well return the game then as I have already wasted enough time in these queues and do not want to waste more time and gas to get what I should have had to begin with.[/QUOTE]

It took them about 20 minutes to call me. I'm hoping this code he sent me is for Best Buy DLC. I guess some eBay person will find out in about a week.

[quote name='KtMack23']It took them about 20 minutes to call me. I'm hoping this code he sent me is for Best Buy DLC. I guess some eBay person will find out in about a week.[/QUOTE]

EA must really hate me then as I started the call me thing before I waited in that last queue. It does surprise me that they would rather I return the game then to just give me the code I was supposed to get when it is obvious they still are giving them out to people.

[quote name='Evolved']So what is the bottom line with Best Buy, is the code on the receipt or by email?[/QUOTE]

Code should be on receipt. The code has a sku, so they have to do 1 of 3 things:

1) manually type in the sku and add it

2) scan a barcode that is by most cash registers that adds the sku

3) after scanning BF3 they need to hit F10 (which is suggested items) and add the sku that way.

After that it will show on your receipt is "DIG" something and will have it's own sku. The code will be underneath this 2nd item

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Code should be on receipt. The code has a sku, so they have to do 1 of 3 things:

3) after scanning BF3 they need to hit F10 (which is suggested items) and add the sku that way.

After that it will show on your receipt is "DIG" something and will have it's own sku. The code will be underneath this 2nd item[/QUOTE]
Great, back to the store I go. Thank god this is my fifth game on the 5/$100 deal. Thanks for the reply.

Got game at midnight release. Had code on my receipt and in my email within 1/2 hour of purchase but it was for the dog tags. Went to EA chat and after 30 minutes got a rep who made me upload a picture of my manual with the online code, my name and date on it. He than made me upload a copy of my receipt. But in the end I got my code

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Code should be on receipt. The code has a sku, so they have to do 1 of 3 things:

After that it will show on your receipt is "DIG" something and will have it's own sku. The code will be underneath this 2nd item[/QUOTE]
thank u, one of the cooler dude will be working at the gaming dept tonight, maybe he'll just let me ring it up myself :lol:

[quote name='Evolved']Great, back to the store I go. Thank god this is my fifth game on the 5/$100 deal. Thanks for the reply.[/QUOTE]

As a warning, supposedly to get the sku they have to return/rebuy. Which could jack up the 5/$100. So as always keep your receipt.

I would suggest if they have to return/rebuy then wait 3 days then contact mike
Or Kyle on the BBY forums telling them the situation and to check and make sure that everything is fine. Takes them about 48-72 hours to get back with you, but they have been doing awesome.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']As a warning, supposedly to get the sku they have to return/rebuy. Which could jack up the 5/$100. So as always keep your receipt.

I would suggest if they have to return/rebuy then wait 3 days then contact mike
Or Kyle on the BBY forums telling them the situation and to check and make sure that everything is fine. Takes them about 48-72 hours to get back with you, but they have been doing awesome.[/QUOTE]
Cool, thanks again.

Just got off EA chat and was told they have no more codes. Don't know if that was the truth or not. Damn, guess i'll go back to BB tomorrow and try my luck there.

Preordered BF3 online with in-store pickup. I went to the midnight release, but no code on the receipt. However, I got an email for the bonus, and it was the SPECACT kit. No dog tags.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Just got off EA chat and was told they have no more codes. Don't know if that was the truth or not. Damn, guess i'll go back to BB tomorrow and try my luck there.[/QUOTE]
was told the same about an hour earlier.

[quote name='kouleefoh']was told the same about an hour earlier.[/QUOTE]

I was just given a code through chat.

[quote name='niandol']I was just given a code through chat.[/QUOTE]

Really? lol Guess i'll give it another try. Why can't BB ever get these things right for once? sigh, here goes another 25 min wait.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Really? lol Guess i'll give it another try. Why can't BB ever get these things right for once? sigh, here goes another 25 min wait.[/QUOTE]

By the end of the year it looks like Best Buy will have these sort of issues corrected since they are going with the codes on the receipt like Gamestop and Battlefield 3 is the first game for them to use that method so that is why the workers were really clueless.

[quote name='Owen']By the end of the year it looks like Best Buy will have these sort of issues corrected since they are going with the codes on the receipt like Gamestop and Battlefield 3 is the first game for them to use that method so that is why the workers were really clueless.[/QUOTE]

Or this is the 2nd time. Forza had it on receipt.

BAC had it inside the box, so hard to screw that up. M$ messed that one up by not activating the code when it should have
Been.

[quote name='Owen']They never emailed that one as it was inside the package. My local Best Buy still have copies with it on the shelves.[/QUOTE]
It was not in mine for some reason... I was bummed bigtime

Got a code through EA chat about an hour ago. Also, just received an updated email from BB with the corrected code.

Man...I should have gone with Amazon. I've spent a good part of the day dealing with this. Called EA twice and was mysteriously disconnected.

Waited in EA support chat twice. First guy I think had an aneurysm and died or something. The second person...well... I'll let you read the chat log below:

You are now ready to chat with Satish Kumar.
you:
Hello
you:
Hello? Is someone there?
Satish Kumar:
Hi
Satish Kumar:
I apologize for the delay.
you:
Hi Satish
you:
Thank you.
you:
I preordered from Best Buy and when I picked up my copy the DLC was not included with the game like was stated. I had gone back to the store and spoken to Best Buy Corporate Customer Support. Both people told me to come and contact EA to resolve this issue.
you:
This is for Battlefield 3 Limited Edition.
you:
For the xbox system.
Satish Kumar:
i apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Satish Kumar:
Unfortunately, nothing can be done from our end as you had purchased the game from gamestop.
Satish Kumar:
And we have no purchase records for the same.
you:
from best buy.
you:
I was supposed to recieve the SPECACT kit for preordering
Satish Kumar:
Yes, i apologize best buy
Satish Kumar:
Yes, this promotion was run by BestBuy
you:
If you would like to you can run my email, check my online pass, and everything
Satish Kumar:
So in order to avail these offers you need to contact best buy.
you:
but they told me to come to speak to EA and that you would be able to provide the codes. I have spoken to others and they have been able to do the same. and they have gotten their codes. others have spoken on the phone with EA support and they have been able to get their pre-order DLC code as well.
you:
The problem is that each person is pointing fingers at the other person. Best Buy is claiming that I need to speak with you guys at EA. And now you are claiming that i need to speak with Best Buy.
you:
Satish, i would just like some accountability for the problem.
Satish Kumar:
i can understand the case.i mean anyone can get frustated if faced to same circumstance
you:
So you cannot give me a downloadable content code for my XBOX 360 Battlefield 3 Limited Edition preorder?
Satish Kumar:
ok wait
Satish Kumar:
let me see if i can assist you in this.
you:
thank you
you:
are you still there?
(13 minutes pass)

Satish Kumar:
yes i'm still here
Satish Kumar:
please hold down
(18 minutes pass)

Satish Kumar:
sir our limits dont allow us to offer you the DLC,for that you have to contact to best buy only
you:
Thank you for making me wait that long for that answer.
Satish Kumar:
sorry sir
Satish Kumar:
but for the anticipation you have shown il provide you a discount coupon
Satish Kumar:
that you can use
you:
No, its alright. I dont anticipate buying anymore games from EA. Thank you though.
Satish Kumar:
wait i'm just giving you the code. Please let me just give you the code
Satish Kumar:
sir you can still trust EA.
you:
Please just give me whatever it is you need to give me
Satish Kumar:
Please provide me your email id?
you:
[email protected]
(9 minutes pass)

Satish Kumar:
sorry sir right now we are unable to generate the discount code. Please get to us back after some time we will get the codes for you.
you:
Ah. Of course. So you cant get me the pre-order DLC code and you hope to make it up to me with a discount code and now you are saying you are unable to generate the discount code?
(4 minutes pass)

The chat session has disconnected. If you still need assistance, please try again.

Note that it wasn’t me that disconnected. It was Satish that disconnected. Probably because she ran to the end of her customer service script and panicked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Instead of the Specact kit from chat they gave me am online pass/karkland code.

So I didn't use it and went back to chat. 30 min later I had the physical warfare DLC!

Classic, WV! I guess two codes is better than none, even if neither is the one you were trying to get.

Hey, is there a way to just verify what's actually on a DLC code on the PS3 without redeeming it, like you can on the Xbox, or will it be auto-applied?

[quote name='WV Matsui']Instead of the Specact kit from chat they gave me am online pass/karkland code.

So I didn't use it and went back to chat. 30 min later I had the physical warfare DLC![/QUOTE]

Keep your Slick Deal scams to yourself and don't post them here. Use the EA Support to get the item you were supposed to, not to make a profit on Ebay unless you plan to give those codes out in the Xbox Code Giving thread for free.

[quote name='KtMack23']^^^ that was hilarious. I'd call them. The phone people are very nice and got me the code.[/QUOTE]

Ah man. I waited like hours to speak with someone in an online chat. I can only imagine how long i would have to wait to speak with someone on the phone. :cry:

bread's done
Back