Battlefield 3 - FREE for PS+ Members starting July 2nd!

[quote name='8bitArtist']wow, so disheartening hearing that the squads are still messed up like they were in the beta. especially considering this game is entirely based on solid team work.

i havent bought this game yet and im not really sure i want to if the MP is still a mess.[/QUOTE]

The audio is also of lesser quality compared to the beta. Loved the beta audio, this... Not so much.

Do you keep all the point you scored if you're disconnected from a game?!
This had to be my best game YET. And I was disconnected! I had TONS of points. Please respond ;___;

[quote name='RELISCH']does anyone know how to get the battlefield 1943 dog tags? i own the game, so do i just have play on my new account?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it suppose to work this way, but I was having the same issue none of the "Free" Dog Tags I've been given were visible in the game customization, BUT if you go on to the Battlelog you can see them, and if you pick one it then shows up as the Back of your tags in game.

;)

Man the battlefield servers must be getting hammered or just aren't ready or something. I keep losing connection too.

Loving the game so far. I just wish they would hurry up and fix the horrific squad and chat bugs so I can play with friends. Also, it's really upsetting how it's only 24 players and they made the maps smaller than PC version, but I knew that going in. I'll still probably pick up the PC version once the price comes down. Caspian Border on the PC beta vs Caspian Border on PS3 launch is like two different games with the larger boundaries and more players.

[quote name='alangee']Do you keep all the point you scored if you're disconnected from a game?!
This had to be my best game YET. And I was disconnected! I had TONS of points. Please respond ;___;[/QUOTE]

When I got DC'd, my screen said "Saving..." and then proceeded to the main menu.

Yeah, same here, saving as I lost connection. At least we got one good game in. Even if I couldn't figure out my headset to use my mic :p

I'm down to play with CAG'ers asap. FULL ROOM. I've been getting my ass handed to me on Rush. It's pissing me off!

Engineer class for me.

Have to spend a long time downloading it. But once it's done, I would love to get some Battlefield going.

I like being the medic who actually...you know...trys to heal people.

[quote name='alangee']Do you keep all the point you scored if you're disconnected from a game?!
This had to be my best game YET. And I was disconnected! I had TONS of points. Please respond ;___;[/QUOTE]

Sadly.. I don't think it saves everytime... as I've had one match where I get disconnected and does not save. If it says "saving" then you're probably set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy is sucking major dick with this SPECACT bonus. They're saying it's going to be emailed out on the 1st. I'll never pre-order from Best Buy with the intention of keeping the purchase after this fiasco.

Every single game I connect to is a lagfest. I've even tried going through the server browser. By default the region is set to Australia, which I have a 3 bar connection to but instead of myself lagging it just shows others have hiccups in their movement. When I sort the region to the U.S. every server just shows 1 bar for me. Hardcore tdm is pretty much my only option, lag still being an issue but at least I'm able to get kills.

What's even worse is that every time I squad up with friends the loading screen going into the game gets frozen and I have to do a hard reset. On launch day I managed to get a few decent non-lag games in, ever since then all my mp matches show stutter-like movement. Only 2 of my friends have been experiencing similar problems but I also know a couple of people who've been completely fine.

It's a shame. The gameplay itself is amazing and I'm sure once the connection issues are fixed the game is going to be a blast with friends. I'll just have to cope with SP for now.

How do you set up a platoon or join one on battlelog? Love the game...but seeing how full the servers are its going to be nearly impossible to play together I think. Anyone want to add me as friend on battlelog?

Anyone experiencing lag issues during the day? There were alot of times where I felt the person I was shooting should be dead, but I end up being the one killed.

My fourth best weapon according to battlelog is knife ^^

*edit* Also, use this link http://bf3stats.com/ for signatures. Damn, my w/l ratio took a beating today.

[quote name='dgwillia006']the target is always priceless, nobody even notices it half the time either[/QUOTE]

I have no idea how to use the EOD bot. I've tried, but maneuvering it is VERY difficult.

I've been having a blast with BF3, but I'd like to play with some squad mates. I added myself to the list, I'm usually on at night if anyone wants to join me.

So...are we looking to pinpoint our clan nights? Naturally everyone is going to play when they have free time, but I'd like at least 2 nights each week where CAGs can jump online and have fun with fellow CAGs.

[quote name='SynGamer']If no one is accepted by noon today here is a back-up platoon people can join: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391331845722/listmembers/True/

EDIT: so...are we looking to pinpoint our clan nights? Naturally everyone is going to play when they have free time, but I'd like at least 2 nights each week where CAGs can jump online and have fun with fellow CAGs.[/QUOTE]

Just applied! Added my info to the spreadsheet a few days ago but I'm not in the OP.

WV Matsui/WV-Matsui

i sent everyone on the on the google list up to fragget an origin friend invite on battlelog. theres no option for me to invite you to the platton. it seems like you have to apply and then i have to accept. when i used the origin search function, i couldnt find your name. i dont know if you guys signed up for battlelog yet.

dejeckt - and i thought i was playing too much.

[quote name='enufs8d']i sent everyone on the on the google list up to fragget an origin friend invite on battlelog. theres no option for me to invite you to the platton. it seems like you have to apply and then i have to accept. when i used the origin search function, i couldnt find your name. i dont know if you guys signed up for battlelog yet.

dejeckt - and i thought i was playing too much.[/QUOTE]

Did this am sorry!

@enufs8d - Will check battlelog, and yea I just can't stop playing ^^ It's killing me I need to write a research paper over the weekend (and other personal engagements), but all I see is BF3 at the moment. Plus, I just got Batman AC...so my research paper is going to suffer.

Also, everytime you die press the select button like mad (you can spot just before you hit the ground). Playing as defense on rush the Recon's tug (stationary motion sensor) helps the whole team out in smaller maps. On bigger maps try using mav; you won't get kills but you rack up on points (plus the whole team plays significantly better with eyes in the sky, really helpful in outdoor maps such as caspian border).

I haven't played every map yet, but is there a total lack of large capacity helicopters in this game? I have not played a map with one yet and that was honestly one of my favorite parts of Bad Company 2

[quote name='maxim2boobles']you have to unlock rockets[/QUOTE]

Ah ok thanks! I thought it was pretty lame! Haha

Is it possible in this game to kamikaze with the planes/helis in the modes/maps with them playable? Just wondering....:):evil: If so, then I may skip selling the pass/DLC's and join up.;)

Just a thought, if people's ORIGIN ID is different than there PSN ID it might be good to have a column on the spread sheet for that ?

[quote name='WV Matsui']Just applied! Added my info to the spreadsheet a few days ago but I'm not in the OP.

WV Matsui/WV-Matsui[/QUOTE]

OT, but welcome to the Big 12 from Cowboy/Sooner country.

[quote name='6er']OT, but welcome to the Big 12 from Cowboy/Sooner country.[/QUOTE]

Thanks 6er!

It is a pleasure. It had been one hell of a rollercoaster but I count be happier where we ended up!

Now let's go kill some Russians in BF3!

I hope DICE scales back the range of that heli. I think its the cobra? Some dude was just camping way up in the ski gunning down everyone. The stinger couldnt even detect the heli. It was so high up over the map.

And I just got my first serving of crazy lag

Anyone experiencing problems with BF3?

I can never join a server through "Quick Match" and when I try to find a server I only see 2 23/24 player servers and several 0/24 player servers (which I have difficulty joining). What's the difference between servers named "p******" and "normal"?

The past couple of games were strange; one problem is whenever I try reloading or arming an mcom I either toss out a grenade or switch to a different weapon (is it my controller or BF3?). In rush the attacking team were acting like they were defending the mcom?

Another instance is that I had a whole 2 second stare down with an enemy player at point blank and he ignores me to run off (I tried to shoot but it wouldn't). Then immediately after a second enemy sees me and ignores me to run off. They both go to the mcom station to disarm, I unload 2 clips worth of bullets onto them and no kill (hit marker goes off). I then decided to jump down and knife both of them (which worked).

*edit* Also, in the same game where the 2 second stare down took place, I planted a radio beacon in a building infront of Mcom B of first round (Operation Firestorm). After a failed attempt at arming the Mcom my radio beacon was getting camped (my fault for placing it so close to the defenders). I spawned elsewhere and when I came by that building I chucked a grenade into it and then the whole building came falling down with 4 kills. That last game must have been bugged to my favor. Sorry for the rant, though it was worth mentioning.

Not sure how, but I managed to do pretty good tonight. I got MVP in a rush game, 2nd in a rush game, and out of 5 rush games tonight, I was in the top three on my team in 4 of them. One game I got around 8000 points.

BAck to the bottom of the board tomorrow probably, lol

[quote name='6er']Not sure how, but I managed to do pretty good tonight. I got MVP in a rush game, 2nd in a rush game, and out of 5 rush games tonight, I was in the top three on my team in 4 of them. One game I got around 8000 points.

BAck to the bottom of the board tomorrow probably, lol[/QUOTE]

Nice...I managed to finish out of the bottom half once tonight! Progress...

ive been adding everyone as soon as i log on. its getting hectic to search around battlelog for me. so if you can, just apply and ill add you when i log in next.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Is it possible in this game to kamikaze with the planes/helis in the modes/maps with them playable? Just wondering....:):evil: If so, then I may skip selling the pass/DLC's and join up.;)[/QUOTE]

of course. you can even lob c4 or rpgs as you're parachuting off. then theres people that c4 their plane. kami it, eject, and then c4 for the kill.

i say you should try it the mp for the vehicles. if i remember correctly, you were a good heli pilot in gta4. most people (including myself) can't fly for shit.

[quote name='6er']Not sure how, but I managed to do pretty good tonight. I got MVP in a rush game, 2nd in a rush game, and out of 5 rush games tonight, I was in the top three on my team in 4 of them. One game I got around 8000 points. [/QUOTE] congrats. to score, you need to spam your team. if you got stupid people on your squad, then stick next to them and drop med packs and revives. if you got stupid gun shooting people or cowardly snipers, then drop amno. theres great recons and then theres snipers.

Tweaked the first post a bit. Also updated the roster and thread title. Game nights are currently based off of poll results. Chime in if you think we should change it :)

[quote name='cheap from birth']Knifing seems a little off in my opinion, just doesn't feel right[/QUOTE]
I agree, though I'm still getting use to this style of knifing versus COD.

Current things that are broken. The Recon UAV heli-scout is broken as all fuck. Since it gives the player the ability to spot for the entire team, often one or two Recon guys will just Spot the whole match. You can't really kill them with stingers or anti-air because they're fairly nimble and they're hard as fuck to shoot. There needs to be either a fuel limit or it needs to move slower so anti air can take it down. As it stands it's broken against the team it's being used on, especially when you're trying to counter it.

bread's done
Back