Battlefield 3 - FREE for PS+ Members starting July 2nd!

Yep I got the game yesterday and have played about 3-4 hrs online and have encountered glitches out the butt. From snipers on the tehran overpass that wont die and float in the air and end the match with 20 kills 0 deaths because they are invincible to other maps where people hide in the floors like the beta and you cant shoot through the floor but they can kill you.
The damage is as bad as the beta. One shot from a pistol will kill while an entire clip from a rifle will do no damage.
I could go on and on but what a disappointment. I would have been happy if it was as good as BFBC2 but this game is nowhere near the quality of that game. I am extremely disappointed in this game while I am a huge fan of BFBC 1 and 2.
It is disgusting all the glitches and map problems damage, etc etc etc. Wish I wouldn't have dished out $40 for this crap. It may be worth 10-15 but that is it. Also the fact that I can use a crappy assault rifle as a sniper rifle and shoot people half way across the map is just stupid!!
My friend watched me play and unload clip after clip on people with absolutely no effect then I switch to a pistol and in two shots to the little toe of the enemy get a kill.
The entire damage invinceability seems random at best.

This is no where near a finished product or a good game. It is poor to mediocre at best.

Will probably go back to BFBC2 after playing some more to try and give it a chance and get my money worth but BFBC2 is so so much better. DAMN $40 WHAT A JOKE!!

[quote name='JungleRot']Yep I got the game yesterday and have played about 3-4 hrs online and have encountered glitches out the butt. From snipers on the tehran overpass that wont die and float in the air and end the match with 20 kills 0 deaths because they are invincible to other maps where people hide in the floors like the beta and you cant shoot through the floor but they can kill you.
The damage is as bad as the beta. One shot from a pistol will kill while an entire clip from a rifle will do no damage.
I could go on and on but what a disappointment. I would have been happy if it was as good as BFBC2 but this game is nowhere near the quality of that game. I am extremely disappointed in this game while I am a huge fan of BFBC 1 and 2.
It is disgusting all the glitches and map problems damage, etc etc etc. Wish I wouldn't have dished out $40 for this crap. It may be worth 10-15 but that is it. Also the fact that I can use a crappy assault rifle as a sniper rifle and shoot people half way across the map is just stupid!!
My friend watched me play and unload clip after clip on people with absolutely no effect then I switch to a pistol and in two shots to the little toe of the enemy get a kill.
The entire damage invinceability seems random at best.

This is no where near a finished product or a good game. It is poor to mediocre at best.

Will probably go back to BFBC2 after playing some more to try and give it a chance and get my money worth but BFBC2 is so so much better. DAMN $40 WHAT A JOKE!![/QUOTE]

You should give it another try (might as well, you already have the game). So far I haven't encountered the glitches you've encountered, but snipers are always annoying. Best way to deal with snipers is to move, they can't aim for sh**. However, the Tehran map is notoriously glitchy (well at least for me).

I think I have to disagree with you with damage; compared to the beta I think all the guns are a bit weaker. Also, that weird damage scale going up the roof when you move has been fixed (I think).

For me the only gripe is that it feels way too similar to BFBC2; kinda underwhelmed with FrostBite 2 engine. The smaller maps looks better, but all the bigger ones seems too deja vu. Also, the destruction doesn't add to the gameplay as much as BFBC2 did.

Assault rifle across the map was in BFBC2 I think; well I remember sniping with shotguns was possible in BFBC2.

Again, just give it another day or two. Once you get the feel of the game I think you'll come around.

Somethings that I don't like of the game...
- Tehran Map, get it fixed
- Operation Metro Conquest, and you guys thought rush was broken
- Apparently they are nerfing stinger and the RU equivalent, I think this is a bad move... its really hard to shoot down a heli/jet as it is and if they nerf it then it will become useless.
- Dice should make it so people can't visually spot you when you're near smoke grenade (I'm not sure if the enemies can or not though)
- Seine Crossing rush, I think some mcom locations are ridiculously hard to arm (especially beginning mcom 'B' and the last mcom 'B').

[quote name='8bitArtist']so glad i cancelled my pre-order. bad company 2 was such an awesome game too. shame really.[/QUOTE]

Count yourself lucky.

I agree it is a shame after bc 2.

Had good games with several CAGS last night. Combatrhombus, Romis, sumoboy21, and shiro 13 to name a few. Had fun overall. Good to finally play this game with people that weren't simply randoms. Made it much more fun.

[quote name='4thHorseman']Had good games with several CAGS last night. Combatrhombus, Romis, sumoboy21, and shiro 13 to name a few. Had fun overall. Good to finally play this game with people that weren't simply randoms. Made it much more fun.[/QUOTE]

Of course it got better at the end of the night when everyone was probably half asleep, I stuck around for one more and probably should have went to bed. I was also surprised how many CAGs we had on our team. I believe it was around 6 of us. GG last night.

It would be nice if we could see how far along in a game are friends are at, because I hate waiting sometimes and just want to play and you never know if they're going to back out or just started a match. Other the a few minor complaints I'm really enjoying this game.

[quote name='dejeckt']You should give it another try (might as well, you already have the game). So far I haven't encountered the glitches you've encountered, but snipers are always annoying. Best way to deal with snipers is to move, they can't aim for sh**. However, the Tehran map is notoriously glitchy (well at least for me).

I think I have to disagree with you with damage; compared to the beta I think all the guns are a bit weaker. Also, that weird damage scale going up the roof when you move has been fixed (I think).

For me the only gripe is that it feels way too similar to BFBC2; kinda underwhelmed with FrostBite 2 engine. The smaller maps looks better, but all the bigger ones seems too deja vu. Also, the destruction doesn't add to the gameplay as much as BFBC2 did.

Assault rifle across the map was in BFBC2 I think; well I remember sniping with shotguns was possible in BFBC2.

Again, just give it another day or two. Once you get the feel of the game I think you'll come around.

Somethings that I don't like of the game...
- Tehran Map, get it fixed
- Operation Metro Conquest, and you guys thought rush was broken
- Apparently they are nerfing stinger and the RU equivalent, I think this is a bad move... its really hard to shoot down a heli/jet as it is and if they nerf it then it will become useless.
- Dice should make it so people can't visually spot you when you're near smoke grenade (I'm not sure if the enemies can or not though)
- Seine Crossing rush, I think some mcom locations are ridiculously hard to arm (especially beginning mcom 'B' and the last mcom 'B').[/QUOTE]

good reply..

Nah to many glitches for me from flying snipers to hollow floors, rocks, trees that enemies and you can hide in take cover in shoot out but not be shot. invincible players running around the map. Damage scale is nuts at best. The list is way to many for a hyped game of this magnitude.

Then they have the nerve to want anyone renting the game or if you move to another system or want to play on a friends console you have to pay $10 each time!! Paying $10 to play online is stupid and worse to have to pay more it then once.

They made all this money from the game and the $10 online pass and yet the game is still beta at best. They ripped us all off.

Oh well life is a beach :)

[quote name='Mad39er']Link to the thread in the deals forum to get 5 free dog tags. I'm thinking they're the amazon exclusive ones?
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307402[/QUOTE]

The Dogtags you get for watching that movie trailer are seperate/different from the Amazon preorder ones. I have both sets and can confirm this.

Watching the trailer gets you 5 tags. Amazon preorder gave me more like 10 tags.

[quote name='combatrhombus']Of course it got better at the end of the night when everyone was probably half asleep, I stuck around for one more and probably should have went to bed. I was also surprised how many CAGs we had on our team. I believe it was around 6 of us. GG last night.

It would be nice if we could see how far along in a game are friends are at, because I hate waiting sometimes and just want to play and you never know if they're going to back out or just started a match. Other the a few minor complaints I'm really enjoying this game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw you sent a request twice and I was in the middle of a Rush game. Came close to winning it after your first one, then they pushed on with two tickets left. I had too much experience to just give up, so I kept going in it.

I'm still trying to figure out how I team killed all of us on that boat blowing up. I wonder if that guy who didn't actually press O to get into the boat, and instead decided to just jump on top of it, was the reason. Trying to purposely sink us, and instead it just burst into flames killing everyone.

I don't think those are the Amazon exclusives. I think those had a pirate one which actually looked pretty cool :p

Fun times last night playing with the CAGs. This game is definitely more fun playing with you guys.

I'm not sure why 6er seems to have so many glitch issues. I definitely saw him get the knife kill and the 0 kill count. I've been fortunate not to have experience too many glitches yet... Hope all those bugs get taken care of soon.

[quote name='4thHorseman']
I'm still trying to figure out how I team killed all of us on that boat blowing up. I wonder if that guy who didn't actually press O to get into the boat, and instead decided to just jump on top of it, was the reason. Trying to purposely sink us, and instead it just burst into flames killing everyone.[/QUOTE]

I say operator error...I forgot about that how random and kinda funny. It was another person in the squad, like all three of us fighting for a seat(shotgun!).

[quote name='lude21']I'm lovin the game and rarely encounter bugs/glitches, either way, it will be fixed. Man...gamers these days complain wayyy too much!

Btw found this...
http://mp1st.com/2011/10/29/new-battlefield-3-patch-details-changes-to-aiming-pp-2000-and-much-more/[/QUOTE]

I've barely had any glitches either, rubber banding but not since they fixed it and it wasn't too big of a deal then.

The thing is, my first week playing online was almost flawless. All the crap I've encountered has been in the last 5 days. I finally had a a loading freeze too.

And how the heck are people level 35 already? Playing 8 hours a day?

[quote name='lude21']I'm lovin the game and rarely encounter bugs/glitches, either way, it will be fixed. Man...gamers these days complain wayyy too much!

Btw found this...
http://mp1st.com/2011/10/29/new-battlefield-3-patch-details-changes-to-aiming-pp-2000-and-much-more/[/QUOTE]

"it will be fixed" you see this is the problem... it isn't like there are a few glitches and game issues that need a patch this is a crap beta release that is NOT a final release or worthy of a BF title. Their greed has obviously got the best of them and they must of hired crap programmers and rushed a release that is crap. I have said before that the other console BF's are great and love them so to go from those to this is like going from first class to riding with the animals.

You see I am a consumer not just a "gamer" I paid good money for this and was willing to do so based on past games. I wanted to support the makers by buying early..problem is... is that it is NOT worth the money and a defective product. As a consumer I have the right to complain. If they do eventually fix al the crap wrong with this game then fine but they should have NOT released an unfinished terd like this.

[quote name='6er']The thing is, my first week playing online was almost flawless. All the crap I've encountered has been in the last 5 days. I finally had a a loading freeze too.

And how the heck are people level 35 already? Playing 8 hours a day?[/QUOTE]

LOL 35? Thats nothing...look at the leaderboards. Im lvl 33 and probably play a few hours a day, at most. It's all about your SPM anyway, what i'd like to know is how people get 1,000+SPM. The top guy (lll---DAR---III) has over 3,000 SPM....how the hell...

I think half the people playing the game don't know that you can 'Spot' enemies to make them show up on the map

[quote name='SynGamer']If you have a mic, fucking use it. Otherwise don't fucking bother.[/QUOTE]

I could tell you were getting a little ticked at the team. Yeah we had some idiots. If you watch the map only a few guys outside our squad seemed to be even attemping to get the flag on sienne(sp). I dont think the whole team can talk, just the squad.

And to let everyone know syn, shutup(cheap from birth, on here), combat and I (agentSPECIAL, on PSN) just played a few round and in one we took top squad in one match and did most the work in several. Moral? People know CAG platoon. And teamwork gets it done

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cheap from birth']co-op isnt as easy as I thought :rofl:[/QUOTE]

LOL, yeah that was a learning experience. I Wanna try that again with a full squad tho. I still want to know how you died that last time. Must have been a heck of a cold front

I was that other guy...
Not really sure why I joined the other team, but I recognized the CAG tag everytime I got killed by one of you. Also, the team you were on were pretty crappy also Operation Metro is so broken for US side. GG though

I finally finished that damn heli co-op mission on easy. No one wanted to pilot, and if they did they would crash into the mountain. I'm not remotely good in a heli, but I forced myself to learn and got it done^^

*edit* The Dr. Pepper multiplayer skin is not worth the doctor pepper (do not like the soft drink). What are some of your favorite camos? Which do you think works the best? I think the navy blue one is the worst one...

[quote name='dejeckt']I was that other guy...
Not really sure why I joined the other team, but I recognized the CAG tag everytime I got killed by one of you. Also, the team you were on were pretty crappy also Operation Metro is so broken for US side. GG though

I finally finished that damn heli co-op mission on easy. No one wanted to pilot, and if they did they would crash into the mountain. I'm not remotely good in a heli, but I forced myself to learn and got it done^^

*edit* The Dr. Pepper multiplayer skin is not worth the doctor pepper (do not like the soft drink). What are some of your favorite camos? Which do you think works the best? I think the navy blue one is the worst one...[/QUOTE]

I was talking about the 4th guy on our squad, combatombus joined in a match.Yeah, I already said our team wasnt good, no need to rub it in :p

Our squad deserved a better team.

[quote name='lude21']I'm lovin the game and rarely encounter bugs/glitches, either way, it will be fixed. [/QUOTE]
I'd love any game too if I also was able to have an absurd kill ratio like you do :lol:

[quote name='lude21']LOL 35? Thats nothing...look at the leaderboards. Im lvl 33 and probably play a few hours a day, at most.[/QUOTE]

so..... why your stats page has you logging over 40 hours of online IN GAME play. that only counts when your in-match, not during loading screens or customizing loudouts in menu.

That make over 4 hours a day(since release day)....and probably closer to 5 on the PS3 a day just for that game for reasons explained above.

I'm not complaining or anything, but if thats your perception of a few hours a day, you must have a lot more free time than I do!

Damn, I have been playing too much. Didn't realize I played nearly 5 hours a day (which sort of make sense cause usually I play 2 sessions during a day, just didn't realize I was spending 2~3 hours per session).

I should probably stop playing it... but its so good.

[quote name='Romis']I think half the people playing the game don't know that you can 'Spot' enemies to make them show up on the map[/QUOTE]

Since this is my first Battle Field I assumed spotting happened automatically with the Recon class. I'm glad you brought this up because I Googled it up to find out it's the SELECT button. I have a few things to learn about this game especially since the last online FPS i played was COD World at War.

[quote name='dejeckt']Damn, I have been playing too much. Didn't realize I played nearly 5 hours a day (which sort of make sense cause usually I play 2 sessions during a day, just didn't realize I was spending 2~3 hours per session).

I should probably stop playing it... but its so good.[/QUOTE] Please don't I just added you the other day and haven't had a chance to play with you (a fellow west coast cag) yet. I need some more victories and it sounds like you can actually fly the helicopter lol.

[quote name='SynGamer']If you have a mic, fucking use it. Otherwise don't fucking bother.[/QUOTE]

I had my mic on last night but none of the CAG guys had theirs so I just muted mine.

I hope to play with some of you guys tomorrow night!

The game also has Co-Op available which is nice a addition but let's be honest, we're all going to be shooting each other in the face online and not playing the story together. But I am glad they added it. Gives the game more variety.

Looking for CAG's to squad up. None of my friends I played BFBC2 with have BF3 yet so I've been just running and gunning solo. I'm on the 360 too so add me.

GG wotcher, don't know why you got switched to the other side on the last game though. Dice really needs to nerf mines so that at max a person can only have 6 out at once; its kind of ridiculous how much kills I can get with mines alone.

[quote name='dejeckt']GG wotcher, don't know why you got switched to the other side on the last game though. Dice really needs to nerf mines so that at max a person can only have 6 out at once; its kind of ridiculous how much kills I can get with mines alone.[/QUOTE]

wait a minute .. you can lay down more than 6? I always laid down no more than 6, never bothered attempting to lay down another.

Also, why do claymores disappear once you die but not mines :cry:

Claymores disappear roughly around 3~4 seconds after death (which I think is great, or the whole map would be layered with claymores).

Also, yea you can lay more than 6 mines, I got bored on Caspian conquest. I ended laying a whole line of mines out in the field near US spawn. That effectively stopped jeeps from capping more flags.

[quote name='6er']I was talking about the 4th guy on our squad, combatombus joined in a match.Yeah, I already said our team wasnt good, no need to rub it in :p

Our squad deserved a better team.[/QUOTE]

I finally figured out how to change my clan tag, I played around in the sub menus of the game for a while and finally google it to realize you change it on the battlelog. I'm a CAG in game now. Our squad was doing good but our team sucked, I've been getting thrown on crappy teams as of late and my w/l ratio is taking a hit.

Wotcher that was my second time playing the co-op sorry for bailing on ya, but my headset battery ran low and was about to get off anyways.

I may be on for the CAG night tonight depending on when I get back from the Red Wings game so it may be late or not at all depending on how many kool-aids I have tonight. (I don't want to be counter productive for my squad/team.)

Don't know if anyone has posted this anywhere but over at Raptr.com they have a stat tracker called "raptrTRACKS" they are Promoting
"Battlefield vs Call of Duty Showdown: Phase 2 Promo! Play and Win!"

you win entries for you time online playing example:

Battlefield 3
5 hours of playtime – One Battlefield map expansion pack ($15 value) for 1 user
15 hours of playtime – Gunnar MLG Legend Gaming Eyewear ($100 value) for 1 user
30 hours of playtime – $250 of free games from EA for 1 user
& others
all you have to do is install there client on your pc/laptop

FYI

[quote name='6er']LOL, yeah that was a learning experience. I Wanna try that again with a full squad tho. I still want to know how you died that last time. Must have been a heck of a cold front[/QUOTE]

that was so weird. I finaly got through that mission with another friend though. Actually got through the heli mission after i forced myself to learn the conttols. I SUCK at piloting but it felt so good when we got through with it.

[quote name='dejeckt']Claymores disappear roughly around 3~4 seconds after death (which I think is great, or the whole map would be layered with claymores).

Also, yea you can lay more than 6 mines, I got bored on Caspian conquest. I ended laying a whole line of mines out in the field near US spawn. That effectively stopped jeeps from capping more flags.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree but its weird how claymores disappear but mines dont. Hmm I think next play session ill try spamming the field with mines haha

If anybody needs a helicoptor pilot for the co-op missions, I'll gladly pilot. Just send me a PM to arrange a time and such.

Just finished Exfiltration on hard...what a PITA. Actually its not that bad till the last section. Got the "ninjas" trophy tho!

[quote name='dejeckt']GG wotcher, don't know why you got switched to the other side on the last game though. Dice really needs to nerf mines so that at max a person can only have 6 out at once; its kind of ridiculous how much kills I can get with mines alone.[/QUOTE]

forget to mention you knifed me in the head that last game?

i desperately need help with coop. so sad. on first level, i tried normal with agent and we lost. then i went with combatrhombus on easy and we barely let the last one get away. im so pissed that the the amno crates don't have more rpgs/javelins. why do the tanks drive around your mines?

[quote name='enufs8d']forget to mention you knifed me in the head that last game?

i desperately need help with coop. so sad. on first level, i tried normal with agent and we lost. then i went with combatrhombus on easy and we barely let the last one get away. im so pissed that the the amno crates don't have more rpgs/javelins. why do the tanks drive around your mines?[/QUOTE]

Didn't mention cause I wasn't trying to knife you (really hard to tell whose who on the enemy team). I knife everyone equally if presented the opportunity. I'll try to help on co-op, but I'm pretty much stuck doing school work for this weekend so probably later in the week.

Tip for the first mission (as you might know) lay down as many mines as you can.

*edit* Just saw the C4 trolling video made me realize how I never play support class as much. Anyone interested in doing MAV + C4? I don't mind being the MAV pilot, but unfortunately I don't have a mic.
Random rant of frustration that has nothing to do with BF3:
I'm not sure how many CAG are still in school, but have you guys ever been stuck in an inept group for a group project? This project is driving me crazy not only did I have to come up with the topic, thesis, and even the presentation portion. I only asked for one thing is to submit what they are going to present/say during the presentation inorder for it to be coherent with the project, and I am left with no response. I wouldn't be this stressed, but I really need an A in this class so now I'm stuck with drafting everyone's part just in case they show up with nothing. This project is depriving me of BF3.

Since DICE has taken the steps to set up an place for people to set & organize a 'Platoon' shouldn't they hae built into there MP game set up a way fora player to start a game, and limit players either for only a platoon on one side and public on the other or scrimage platoon members for at least practice, bragging rights?

I mean one of the best games by far for I played that allowed a user to do this exact thing, a team with clan only on one side, then public on other or two different platoons was Warhawk, the game set up system was very easy to customize and great to limit who joined by allowing for passwords to be given to join matches.. why didn't they do homework..why, why..ugh

ggs with the cag squad of HitokiriC2k, Mad39er, combatrhombus. unfortunately, at the end, it was us vs the rest of the cags including dejeckt and stimes.

dejeckt - youre absolutely right about the MAV. you get crap points for using it. but you're increasing the odds that your team will win. it was funny giving hito tactical info. hes already a killing monster by himself.

bread's done
Back