Battlefield 3 LE $47.98 FS Newegg

damn im tempted but i already spent $232 on games in pre orders for this holiday season......hell whats another 48

[quote name='maxim2boobles']no release day delivery[/QUOTE]
Actually don't say that. I ordered ICO/SOTC collection from them and I got it on release day so there is a chance. That was with Newegg's free shipping.

[quote name='sublime90']damn im tempted but i already spent $232 on games in pre orders for this holiday season......hell whats another 48[/QUOTE]

This is what I told myself as well.

My wallet already hates me for building a whole new PC gaming rig pretty much just for BF3!

Now where's that "Add to Cart" button?

I ordered this for pc but i'm tempted to cancel and reorder for 360. After trying both betas, I could barely tell the difference graphically. They really did good on the console version.

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']I ordered this for pc but i'm tempted to cancel and reorder for 360. After trying both betas, I could barely tell the difference graphically. They really did good on the console version.[/QUOTE]

I was unsure as well, but went with PC since it supports more players,

something to consider.

(hopefully they'll give mod tools as well)

No paypal since it is a preorder. Paypal would authorize an immediate charge, but a preorder will charge when the item ships.

It worked for me a few minutes ago, but I haven't clicked Submit yet. With tax, it saves me about $8.50 over getting it directly from Origin, I get none of the extra bonuses aside from the LE stuff, and it may or may not be here on Day 1. Decisions, decisions....

Hmmz, very tempted...
The beta doesn't instill the same excitement of BFBC2 (especially in creative play). Can't really blow up walls, nor are there atvs to make c4 useful (lol).
You guys think karkland expansion be available after release?

[quote name='Maxdenver']It's not letting me use paypal :( [/QUOTE]

yeah I tried using paypal too and it doesn't work on pre-orders, hoping Amazon adds some promo credit

[quote name='dejeckt']Hmmz, very tempted...
The beta doesn't instill the same excitement of BFBC2 (especially in creative play). Can't really blow up walls, nor are there atvs to make c4 useful (lol).
You guys think karkland expansion be available after release?[/QUOTE]

I'm almost positive karkand will be available, the incentive is you get it free by pre-ordering, instead of having to buy it later

[quote name='dejeckt']Hmmz, very tempted...
You guys think karkland expansion be available after release?[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I'm not the only person on here that loads an atv up with c4 just to slam it into buildings and take out objectives and people.

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']NM : cancelled my 360 order and ordered again to save a grand total of....one cent.[/QUOTE]

CAG of the Year Nominee.

Ehhh, nice price, but Newegg doesn't have any retailer exclusive pre-order bonuses, in case anyone cares about such things. (The Karkland DLC is available for all pre-orders, regardless where you buy.)

Are all pre-orders LE? I already have it pre-ordered with Newegg but my confirmation email doesn't say LE

Edit: Nevermind went to my account page on Newegg, it is the LE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditched my Amazon pre-order and went with Newegg. I'm not impressed with the BF3 beta at all so I'm going to try and pay the least amount I can. The only thing is I won't get the release day shipping, but I have so many games coming in with the Batman LE and Forza 4 LE. Not to mention Gears 3 and the Ico collection...ugh!

[quote name='LazyTriangle']yeah I tried using paypal too and it doesn't work on pre-orders, hoping Amazon adds some promo credit[/QUOTE]

I think AMZ used to offer a $10 promo credit on it but took it down afterwards. The preorder deals for the triple A titles this holiday have been disappointing in terms of credit so far. Gears was the only decent one so far.

Wasn't Walmart the first one that offered $20 credit last year for most big holiday releases? Then Amazon decided to PM. Same thing this year, Walmart had the $20 GC for Gears 3 then Amazon PM.

[quote name='Dtrain12']this is the steelbook version?[/QUOTE]

Negative. Limited edition is what the pre-orders are being called (well the whole first run). Will say limited edition on the cover, and comes with the Back to Karkand DLC (when it is released, Karkand won't be at launch)

i bought gow3 from newegg via preorder $45 and it did come on release day. but then again they shipped from NJ and im in NY. I noticed they shipped this out and sent me the tracking number a day before release.

If I hadn't paid it off already at ebgames i'd jump on this. Anyone else playing the Beta? They should rename the game to Journey to the Center of the Earth. Lol.

[quote name='joeyshadows']If I hadn't paid it off already at ebgames i'd jump on this. Anyone else playing the Beta? They should rename the game to Journey to the Center of the Earth. Lol.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen the flying tanks D:

[quote name='gotdott']Have you seen the flying tanks D:[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen any tanks on Metro in the beta. I could of sworn in the alpha there was a tank though. I've seen a lot of Gmod style ragdolling and texture popping though. I hope day 1 is at least somewhat smooth.

[quote name='joeyshadows']I haven't seen any tanks on Metro in the beta. I could of sworn in the alpha there was a tank though. I've seen a lot of Gmod style ragdolling and texture popping though. I hope day 1 is at least somewhat smooth.[/QUOTE]

Cause there are no vehicles on metro. I'm talking about caspian border lol

I don't know if i want this after trying beta. I hate how it goes through webpage for booting and the maps so big but everyone sniping / camping...it was not my style and was very boring on beta for me.

I can't believe I've been waiting half my life for this game to come out. BBC2 will go down in history as being the best not this Crysis 2 ripoff... Rage, please be great on Tuesday!!!!!!!

[quote name='djricekcn']I don't know if i want this after trying beta. I hate how it goes through webpage for booting and the maps so big but everyone sniping / camping...it was not my style and was very boring on beta for me.[/QUOTE]

Co-signed. I am rethinking my preorder on this one.

Playing defensively is more fun in battlefield. You can't Run-n-Gun like people do in COD. Advance forward like your solid snake.

I have no problem with camping in this game. I mean one of the problems I have with COD is I don't feel a need to play COD. If I wanted to play a run and gun game, I would play a game like Unreal Tournament.

I enjoy the more teamwork and tactical elements of this game. Sure someone can snipe you from far away but it is so satisfying to run up to him and knife him while he is prone.

[quote name='kellte2']Co-signed. I am rethinking my preorder on this one.[/QUOTE]

yeah it just fell out of my day one purchases list after playing the beta

I hesitated too much on this. I had fun with the beta for someone who is not great at FPS however the promo code no longer valid for me. Oh well, I'll just have to play Dance Central 2. =P

[quote name='Ramandur']yeah it just fell out of my day one purchases list after playing the beta[/QUOTE]

Its the complete opposite for me, I had no plans of buying BF3 this year but after playing the beta I was just blown away especially at the Caspian Border map, I made up my mind and I'll be getting this game at launch for sure

I have a question here. If I purchase the retail copy for the PC and install it. Do I still need the cd to play the game or does Origin has something like steamworks that I can just download the game anytime without ever installing the cd again. I have a laptop with no dvd drive. I use a external drive when I have too.

bread's done
Back