Battlefield 3- Premium announced; 4 new expansions

[quote name='HydroX']I thought this thread was made for Battlefield 3? Not "Come bash Bad Company 2, all of you CoD hacks!!"[/QUOTE]

Lol. It is BF3. We're just hoping they stay away from the BC mold. Plus we didn't have much to go on so why not speculate and rant :D.

So glad we are getting dedicated servers and jets for the consoles. I can't wait to see this in motion and of course hear the music.

I'm still pissed that they didn't support Battlefield 1943. Not one damn DLC added to that game. I played the crap out of Battlefield 1942. I would love to see a remake. I want to snipe Nazis again!

[quote name='Necrozilla']Dedicated servers exist for Bad Company on all platforms. Do you mean the ability to view server/room lists?[/QUOTE]

No I'm just saying that I'm glad they are sticking with dedicated servers. Excellent choice imo

[quote name='slickkill77']No I'm just saying that I'm glad they are sticking with dedicated servers. Excellent choice imo[/QUOTE]

Yes, way better that way

[quote name='slickkill77']I wouldn't hold any light to MOH. They were probably given that project but it wasn't something they wanted to do. BC 1, BC 2, and MC were all fine other than some first day lag.

New Scans....
http://www.ps3blog.net/2011/02/07/battlefield-3-looks-amazing/

Whole game informer article
http://translate.google.it/translat...-di-gameinformer.php&sl=it&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the links :) I think I have 1 more issue left; what a way to end a subscription. I'll dig into this in the meantime :D

I loaded up BF2 after a year or two of not playing it recently and when I saw the BF3 ad I almost creamed myself...I didn't realize they were really working on it, I thought it was just a rumor. I would love to play this on my PC but damn I would need some major upgrades...think I'll have to go with the 360 version due to lack of funding

[quote name='Trakan']Have you played Modern Combat? Just curious.[/QUOTE]

I own Battlefield 2 on the PC...only played the Modern Combat demo on the 360.

BFBC2 is not "shitty." It was different. And I'll take BFBC2 over any other Battlefield game out right now in a heartbeat.

[quote name='Bazylik']Different scenarios, similar output. Even crytek themselves said Crysis 2 will have better graphics than Crysis, looks like it's not the case. Marketing mambo jambo. People still can't run Crysis full blast on their PCs but I digress.[/quote]
Again, Crysis 2 so far is a multiplayer console BETA i.e. not finished/final product. Wait and see the Crysis 2 single player before making such a claim. Then do your comparison... apple for apple...PC for PC. For all we know, they could be creating a PC version simultaneously with a Console version.

I still think it was just a trick. Most of the BF2 community knew back then that DICE was deep in BF3 and they just put together that small MP for MoH because EA had no one to turn to.

Man DICE must have been superhuman with a huge ass staff in order to churn out MoH multiplayer, BC2 Vietnam, starting Battlefield Play4Free, in addition to current BC2 support with VIP map packs and patches, and then to do BF3 all at the same time... what a load of crap theory. Prior to MoH, all they had was BC2 support. If they had been "Deep" since BF2, we would have more than 2 screenshots showing the actual game. We would have a full scale beta instead that is far off. My guess based on the timeline for scheduled releases is that they started on the project somewhere in December (if not January) once Vietnam was released and Battlefield Play4Free was being beta tested.

I didn't mention that in my previews post but I quoted you because I am worried that DICE, even though the PC is the lead platform, will dumb it down to cutter to the console market.

Well won't you be happy. In an article, they stated the PC is the lead version. Though the bad news, rumor is there will be no modder tools due to frostbite 2.0 complexity.

[quote name='lordopus99']Again, Crysis 2 so far is a multiplayer console BETA i.e. not finished/final product. Wait and see the Crysis 2 single player before making such a claim. Then do your comparison... apple for apple...PC for PC. For all we know, they could be creating a PC version simultaneously with a Console version.[/QUOTE]

We actually do know the tools to create Crysis 2 are all the same for consoles and PCs, there was a demonstration about a year ago on how fast and easy it is to create games simultanously using those tools.

I make such a claim because there are numerous screenshots, trailers, and gameplay videos that suggest that Crysis 2 is not even close to Crysis in graphics dept. Crytek at one point said themselves that Crysis 2 will look better so I will compare it Crysis 1. If you don't like it, well, you can eat your apples.

[quote name='lordopus99']Man DICE must have been superhuman with a huge ass staff in order to churn out MoH multiplayer, BC2 Vietnam, starting Battlefield Play4Free, in addition to current BC2 support with VIP map packs and patches, and then to do BF3 all at the same time... what a load of crap theory. Prior to MoH, all they had was BC2 support. If they had been "Deep" since BF2, we would have more than 2 screenshots showing the actual game. We would have a full scale beta instead that is far off. My guess based on the timeline for scheduled releases is that they started on the project somewhere in December (if not January) once Vietnam was released and Battlefield Play4Free was being beta tested. [/QUOTE]

If you really knew how big DICE is I bet you wouldn't even make that comment. You give me BC Vietnam and Play4Free as an examples. lol. Give me a break. Valve announced HL2 and they released it 9 months later, that doesn't mean they only worked on HL2 9 months, does it?
Because you didn't hear anything about BF3, it doesn't mean DICE hasn't been working on it. And since DICE does indeed have a huge ass staff, they could afford to have some staff deviate towards different projects (moh MP and BC2 Vietnam). Don't bring up Play4Free anymore please, that just makes you look silly. Have you even played that pos? And why do you sound so angry? You don't have to be always right with your assumptions, take it easy dude.

[quote name='lordopus99']Well won't you be happy. In an article, they stated the PC is the lead version. Though the bad news, rumor is there will be no modder tools due to frostbite 2.0 complexity.[/QUOTE]

Yes I do have my worries because all games that are on both consoles and PC, feel consolish on PCs no matter what the lead platform was. It worries me that they chose to say that the lead platform is the PC platform. I would be less worried if they said that they have two dedicated teams working on each version. I wonder what they said about BC2, I have both console and PC versions, PC version has this consolish feel.

[quote name='lordopus99']Again, Crysis 2 so far is a multiplayer console BETA i.e. not finished/final product. Wait and see the Crysis 2 single player before making such a claim. Then do your comparison... apple for apple...PC for PC. For all we know, they could be creating a PC version simultaneously with a Console version.

Man DICE must have been superhuman with a huge ass staff in order to churn out MoH multiplayer, BC2 Vietnam, starting Battlefield Play4Free, in addition to current BC2 support with VIP map packs and patches, and then to do BF3 all at the same time... what a load of crap theory. Prior to MoH, all they had was BC2 support. If they had been "Deep" since BF2, we would have more than 2 screenshots showing the actual game. We would have a full scale beta instead that is far off. My guess based on the timeline for scheduled releases is that they started on the project somewhere in December (if not January) once Vietnam was released and Battlefield Play4Free was being beta tested.

Well won't you be happy. In an article, they stated the PC is the lead version. Though the bad news, rumor is there will be no modder tools due to frostbite 2.0 complexity.[/QUOTE]

Read the GI article. They've been working on BF 3 for a long time. Its say they started honing ideas for BF 3 back in 05 and they started working on the BF 3 engine after Bad Company 1 wrapped up. Dice is a really big studio. They've released a game(s) or expansion every year since BF 2 was released.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Digital_Illusions_CE#Games

[quote name='Bazylik']If you really knew how big DICE is I bet you wouldn't even make that comment. You give me BC Vietnam and Play4Free as an examples. lol. Give me a break. Valve announced HL2 and they released it 9 months later, that doesn't mean they only worked on HL2 9 months, does it?

Because you didn't hear anything about BF3, it doesn't mean DICE hasn't been working on it. And since DICE does indeed have a huge ass staff, they could afford to have some staff deviate towards different projects (moh MP and BC2 Vietnam). Don't bring up Play4Free anymore please, that just makes you look silly. Have you even played that pos? And why do you sound so angry? You don't have to be always right with your assumptions, take it easy dude.[/quote]

[quote name='slickkill77']Read the GI article. They've been working on BF 3 for a long time. Its say they started honing ideas for BF 3 back in 05 and they started working on the BF 3 engine after Bad Company 1 wrapped up. Dice is a really big studio. They've released a game(s) or expansion every year since BF 2 was released. [/quote]

Please then explain to me why they don't have a) more than 2 screenshots showing actual footage, b) a trailer that actually runs that or other footage, c) an actual demo for press, .... If this was in production for that long ("in 05"), you should see all the above if not be in beta at this point (which again is far off).

I don't care if Play4Free is a pos; in fact I have never played it. It still took people time to create it.

As for Valve and Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2 was released Nov 04. That same year prior they only released Counterstrike Condition Zero (expansion) and Counterstrike Source (game copy with better graphics). Prior to that, their last release was in early 03 - Day of Defeat (a mod they turned into an expansion)... Prior to that, the year 2000. So all they did was monitor their steam store, work on future projects, and get sued (which doesn't affect those working on projects)... so they had plenty of free time to work on Half-Life 2 prior to announcement. Think of Half Life 2 like Diablo. Everyone knew there would be a 3 yet it is still being developed. You know that because Blizzard hasn't produced anything but Starcraft 2 in ages.

Supposely the team working on BF3 is their largest. Why would they bulk up a team if they didn't need them to churn out the project faster? With a project that "started in 05", they wouldn't need that. :roll:

Ubisoft Montreal is way larger than DICE (wikipedia estimate 1600 vs 300) and they only created 5 titles last year vs DICE's 4. I would say DICE was stretch thin at that point just based on comparable numbers.

We will agree to disagree. I am not angry though. It is just a discussion with different thoughts. A lot of us enjoyed Bad Company 2 vs those who didn't like it due to it not being exactly like BF2 (which spawn this convo).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lordopus99']Please then explain to me why they don't have a) more than 2 screenshots showing actual footage, b) a trailer that actually runs that or other footage, c) an actual demo for press, .... If this was in production for that long ("in 05"), you should see all the above if not be in beta at this point (which again is far off). [/QUOTE]

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. =P

[quote name='lordopus99']Please then explain to me why they don't have a) more than 2 screenshots showing actual footage, b) a trailer that actually runs that or other footage, c) an actual demo for press, .... If this was in production for that long ("in 05"), you should see all the above if not be in beta at this point (which again is far off).

I don't care if Play4Free is a pos; in fact I have never played it. It still took people time to create it.

As for Valve and Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2 was released Nov 04. That same year prior they only released Counterstrike Condition Zero (expansion) and Counterstrike Source (game copy with better graphics). Prior to that, their last release was in early 03 - Day of Defeat (a mod they turned into an expansion)... Prior to that, the year 2000. So all they did was monitor their steam store, work on future projects, and get sued (which doesn't affect those working on projects)... so they had plenty of free time to work on Half-Life 2 prior to announcement. Think of Half Life 2 like Diablo. Everyone knew there would be a 3 yet it is still being developed. You know that because Blizzard hasn't produced anything but Starcraft 2 in ages.

Supposely the team working on BF3 is their largest. Why would they bulk up a team if they didn't need them to churn out the project faster? With a project that "started in 05", they wouldn't need that. :roll:

Ubisoft Montreal is way larger than DICE (wikipedia estimate 1600 vs 300) and they only created 5 titles last year vs DICE's 4. I would say DICE was stretch thin at that point just based on comparable numbers.

We will agree to disagree. I am not angry though. It is just a discussion with different thoughts. A lot of us enjoyed Bad Company 2 vs those who didn't like it due to it not being exactly like BF2 (which spawn this convo).[/QUOTE]
I give up. I don't know how to respond to this nonsense. *rises white flag* :lol::lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='slickkill77']He just likes to disagree with everyone apparently. Just give up.[/QUOTE]

Everyone? Two people = everyone? Ok :roll:

You guys should just let it go. Just wait till you get your hands on the beta/final release before making assumptions about the game. The BC is a good series, if you say otherwise, your dumb. I never played BF2, but I have heard nothing but great things about it and wish I could/can play it.

I know for a fact that this game will not impress some of you and some of you will think this is a let down. Just wait till they release more info and a beta before going crazy.

I just wish they would treat the consoles as well as they are the PC on this project. I know I will get flammed for this, but not everybody wants to drop the big cash to run this game on the PC. I am fine with not having 64 players, but they could do a little better on having just 24 people. Will consoles get jets? Regardless, I am excited for this game and hope good things come from it.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']You guys should just let it go. Just wait till you get your hands on the beta/final release before making assumptions about the game. The BC is a good series, if you say otherwise, your dumb. I never played BF2, but I have heard nothing but great things about it and wish I could/can play it. [/QUOTE]
Your reading comprehension isn't that good, is it? Nobody here is saying that BC series is bad, just not that good when compared to BF2. It was said at least 10 times in this thread.

[quote name='Bazylik']Your reading comprehension isn't that good, is it? Nobody here is saying that BC series is bad, just not that good when compared to BF2. It was said at least 10 times in this thread.[/QUOTE]

I guess you haven't checked out the thread yourself outside your comments with me.

Here are a few quotes by guys on "your" side.
[quote name='slickkill77']This is not a shitty bad company spin off [/quote]
[quote name='traken']Shitty. Yes.[/quote]

And yes, slickkill ended up backing out of his original comment but that was after seeing a bunch of people calling him crazy. Traken, on the other hand, stayed with his comment.

I just personally can't wait to see your guys reactions when this most likely turns into Bad Company 3 with larger maps, prone, and jets.

[quote name='Bazylik']Your reading comprehension isn't that good, is it? Nobody here is saying that BC series is bad, just not that good when compared to BF2. It was said at least 10 times in this thread.[/QUOTE]

LOL at this crazy guy. I have read every page to see what some of the user's thoughts on the game. Also, I am excited, as I never got to play BF2.

[quote name='lordopus99']
And yes, slickkill ended up backing out of his original comment but that was after seeing a bunch of people calling him crazy. Traken, on the other hand, stayed with his comment. [/QUOTE]
I'm not sure what are you arguing here. You just summed up, what we've been saying all along. Those who played both games think that BC series is bad/shitty/sucks IN COMPARISON TO BF2 but stands on its own as a game. If you even read your bickering back and forth with traken, he explains, quite clearly, why BC2 sucks IN COMPARISON to BF2. I enjoy BC2 myself for what it is but it shouldn't be in anyway an inspiration for BF3 because it will suck as a true BF2 successor, just like most BF2 guys were disappointed with BC1. Going back to your comments I don't think you even played BF2, and if you have than not a lot because you have no clue what you are talking about. No wonder traken stopped arguing with you, it's a waste of time. In the end everyone is entitled to an opinion, yours in this case is just wrong.
[quote name='lordopus99']I just personally can't wait to see your guys reactions when this most likely turns into Bad Company 3 with larger maps, prone, and jets.[/QUOTE]
Simple. It will suck.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']LOL at this crazy guy. I have read every page to see what some of the user's thoughts on the game.[/QUOTE]
LOL at me? You're the one who said:
[quote name='fatmanforlife99']The BC is a good series, if you say otherwise, your dumb."[/QUOTE]
So I told you that you can't read, because nobody said BC2 is bad as a game or a series. It's bad in comparison to BF2. *shrugs*

Oh, and if want to call someone dumb next time make sure you say/type "you're" not "your". That looks and sounds better.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Also, I am excited, as I never got to play BF2.[/QUOTE]
You missed out. It's still out there but it does feel dated by today's standards. But it's cheap and most PCs out there have no problem running it if you still want to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi2tae2PmmU

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

[quote name='lordopus99']I guess you haven't checked out the thread yourself outside your comments with me.

Here are a few quotes by guys on "your" side.

And yes, slickkill ended up backing out of his original comment but that was after seeing a bunch of people calling him crazy. Traken, on the other hand, stayed with his comment.

I just personally can't wait to see your guys reactions when this most likely turns into Bad Company 3 with larger maps, prone, and jets.[/QUOTE]

I didn't back out of anything. I was clarifying what I meant. I don't know why you are so defensive about BC2. We all said we enjoyed the game, it just doesn't hold a candle to a normal Battlefield game. I don't see any place I "backed out" of my comments. I just got sick of arguing with you about it.

[quote name='slickkill77']
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
[/QUOTE]

That is amazing :D Link to blog.

I was wondering what the hell Game Informer was talking about in the article; I'm glad there's a glimpse of this now :D That has to be PC graphics for sure.

I picked up Medal of Honor today from the Amazon Gold Box event for $20 pretty much solely so I can get into the beta. I'll check out the multiplayer, but would not have picked this up if it wasnt needed for the Beta invite.

[quote name='Puffa469']I picked up Medal of Honor today from the Amazon Gold Box event for $20 pretty much solely so I can get into the beta. I'll check out the multiplayer, but would not have picked this up if it wasnt needed for the Beta invite.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it only limited editions that have the beta invite, though?

That's the only reason I won't buy it unless I know I'm getting a LE copy.... unless someone else can confirm. I know I asked this before, but I don't recall what answers I got. Haha.

Yes, Limited Editions only (even has a red triangle in top left that says "Battlefield 3". Looks like an authentic campaign, but weird since E.A. already has their touted authentic F.P.S., Medal of Honor [and a sequel]. Still very impressive considering the "Bad Company" series' campaign were never relevant.

I really wish I could find that Battlefield: Bad Company campaign prototype video online, it's so similar.

[quote name='htown01']That is amazing :D Link to blog.

I was wondering what the hell Game Informer was talking about in the article; I'm glad there's a glimpse of this now :D That has to be PC graphics for sure.[/QUOTE]

Most defintely looks like the PC version. It seems like the footage is part of the campaign. Assuming due to the scene where they are dragging a soldier to safety.

The movement and explosions look really nice. Fall/Winter can't come sooner.

[quote name='HydroX']Isn't it only limited editions that have the beta invite, though?

That's the only reason I won't buy it unless I know I'm getting a LE copy.... unless someone else can confirm. I know I asked this before, but I don't recall what answers I got. Haha.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... thats a good question. I kinda thought this game was like BF BC2, where every copy was the 'limited' or 'collectors' edition. I hope I didnt buy this for nothing. I mean I may get $20 of enjoyment out of it... maybe, but I really bought it for that stupid beta.

I guess I wont open it until Im sure about the beta thing, then I can always return it.

*Edit* dammit. I tried to cancel my order and I cant because it's already being processed and prepared for shipment. I just ordered the game like 5 hours ago. Damn you Amazon and your Gold Box deals and pressure to pull the trigger! >(

[quote name='lordopus99']Most defintely looks like the PC version. It seems like the footage is part of the campaign. Assuming due to the scene where they are dragging a soldier to safety.

The movement and explosions look really nice. Fall/Winter can't come sooner.[/QUOTE]
Obvious campaign footage is obvious.

[quote name='Puffa469']I picked up Medal of Honor today from the Amazon Gold Box event for $20 pretty much solely so I can get into the beta. I'll check out the multiplayer, but would not have picked this up if it wasnt needed for the Beta invite.[/QUOTE]

Is it the "Limited Edition" though? Only the LE get in as far as I know

Question already answered.....You should of just gone on ebay. People are selling the LE pretty cheap. ~$20

Beta offer is contingent on beta availability within 12 months of Medal of Honor release. Beta participation requires EA account, game registration with online pass serial code and acceptance of beta agreement. Beta will be available for a limited time only and offer expires upon close of beta events. Must be 18+.
http://www.ea.com/1/beta

I can't believe they added Wake and Gulf instead of Mash. Road would have been a nice add too. Oman is too plane dependent and Wake is getting old.

[quote name='lordopus99']Most defintely looks like the PC version. It seems like the footage is part of the campaign. Assuming due to the scene where they are dragging a soldier to safety.

The movement and explosions look really nice. Fall/Winter can't come sooner.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it does look like the campaign but I wonder how much of that is pre-rendered footage?

I rarely preorder a game but I went ahead and did it at Gamestop yesterday :D Here is hoping for a midnight release and for DICE to continue making excellent games :)

Battlefield is a much better game in my opinion. The destructible environments and actual team bases gameplay. Cod is run and gun period.

[quote name='HydroX']I thought this thread was made for Battlefield 3? Not "Come bash Bad Company 2, all of you CoD hacks!!"[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I didn't know that BFBC and BFBC2 were so controversial. BFBC2 is all I know of the series, and I'm a huge fan. If BF3 is going to be much better, then wonderful! My guess is that most of the people who get psychotic about the particulars are probably PC gamers who scoff at the console gamers and their 'light' experiences.

I actually favor the assault levels without many vehicles (like Arica Harbor) in BFBC2, and I'm sure they are among the more popular levels in BFBC2. I hope they have small levels without tanks in BF3 to mix it up in addition to vehicle oriented level designs.

And let me clarify that the only class that can't destroy easily tanks in BFBC2 is the Medic. Assault can get C4, in addition to Recon. Two of my biggest complaints for BFBC2 are that spawn camping happens more often than I'd like and that the helicopters are a pain. If they address these issues, I'll be very pleased.

I'm super pumped for BF3. I picked up Medal of Honor limited edition since it said those folks would get beta access for BF3. I wonder if I actually have to PLAY it to get a beta invite. Yuck.

[quote name='ianoid']Agreed.

I didn't know that BFBC and BFBC2 were so controversial. BFBC2 is all I know of the series, and I'm a huge fan. If BF3 is going to be much better, then wonderful! My guess is that most of the people who get psychotic about the particulars are probably PC gamers who scoff at the console gamers and their 'light' experiences.

I actually favor the assault levels without many vehicles (like Arica Harbor) in BFBC2, and I'm sure they are among the more popular levels in BFBC2. I hope they have small levels without tanks in BF3 to mix it up in addition to vehicle oriented level designs.

And let me clarify that the only class that can't destroy easily tanks in BFBC2 is the Medic. Assault can get C4, in addition to Recon. Two of my biggest complaints for BFBC2 are that spawn camping happens more often than I'd like and that the helicopters are a pain. If they address these issues, I'll be very pleased.

I'm super pumped for BF3. I picked up Medal of Honor limited edition since it said those folks would get beta access for BF3. I wonder if I actually have to PLAY it to get a beta invite. Yuck.[/QUOTE]

:wall:wooooooooooow

Yea I can tell you've never played anything other than BFBC 2 .
You're looking for the wrong game if you want small levels. Battlefield is all about vehicles and big maps. There will be no "small" levels. The game you're looking for is Call of Duty. Pop BF2MC in for the 360. You'll see what I mean.

If you want to see a gamer shit storm, you'll get one if BF3 has small maps.

[quote name='slickkill77']:wall:wooooooooooow

Yea I can tell you've never played anything other than BFBC 2 .
You're looking for the wrong game if you want small levels. Battlefield is all about vehicles and big maps. There will be no "small" levels. The game you're looking for is Call of Duty. Pop BF2MC in for the 360. You'll see what I mean.

If you want to see a gamer shit storm, you'll get one if BF3 has small maps.[/QUOTE]

Slickkill is 100% correct about the maps. I miss BFMC2 before all the glitching and people lagging out servers. I played for a really, really long time before giving up on it. I started playing BFBC2 and at first I couldnt stand it but now its kinda grown on me. I picked up Black ops and I really cant see how its so much more popular than BFBC2.

bread's done
Back