Battlefield 3- Premium announced; 4 new expansions

I really enjoyed the beta so far, I can't believe how many people I've seen complaining about stuff, especially due to this not being the full game. I don't really card for rush though and want some vehicles, but at least I get to play some Battlefield 3 in general.

[quote name='golfing7861']$60 saved, thanks beta/demo/whatever.[/QUOTE]

I agree. This was a day one buy for me until I actually got to play it.

[quote name='MoCiWe']I really enjoyed the beta so far, I can't believe how many people I've seen complaining about stuff, especially due to this not being the full game. I don't really card for rush though and want some vehicles, but at least I get to play some Battlefield 3 in general.[/QUOTE]

Because some people are playing it from a gamer viewpoint. Not to be mean but you sound like a fanboy who is going to defend this game no matter what.

Gees this thing is taking forever to download.

Not to sound like a fanboy, but I'm going to stand by DICE until they prove me wrong. I played the heck out of 1943 and still play BC 2 regularly.

Played bf3 betaa on my friends PC. I'm sure the final product for the connsoles will be as good! And 32 player rush vs 24... Didn't feel much difference. Just as hard and intense.

And the PC version is amazing!

[quote name='AJVtony831']Because some people are playing it from a gamer viewpoint. Not to be mean but you sound like a fanboy who is going to defend this game no matter what.[/QUOTE]

Well when you are dealing with a company like DICE that has produced amazing game after amazing game: Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, Vietnam, Modern Combat, 2142, 1943, etc.... that is to be expected. It's not like this is their first time at the rodeo

[quote name='bg88']This is technically called a beta but lets be honest this is a MP demo. A beta is basically an excuse so people can say "Well it has tons of bugs/glitches but don't worry it's a beta. This "beta" is running up until 2 weeks until the full release. An actual beta is one that comes out at least a few months before the game's release date, so there is actually time to fix the problems.

The Old Republic beta is a good example of this. That has been going on for a while and there is plenty of time for Bioware to fix a lot of the issues before that game is released. I have no problem with people calling this BF3 beta a demo because honestly that is what it is.[/QUOTE]

Battlefield 3 has been in beta for a long time too, this is the Open Beta, used to stress test the game's servers. Thinking that gameplay from an open beta is representative of a final product is not a mistake you should make.

So, just to make sure that I understand the lamenting; I'm upset that the thing I got for free that I was going to pay for later isn't as good as the thing I was going to pay for later because it isn't what I was going to pay for because it isn't the full thing anyways?

You kids and your getting stuff for free on the internet...

The servers are back up.

Think about it like this. MS/Sony certification takes at least 2 weeks. Then you have to think that Dice was probably testing this version of the game to make sure it worked as well. So going by that thought process this version of the game is at least 1 month old if not more.

Even if there are things they can't change before launch this is important for any upcoming patches that will be released

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't even sniff a connection tonight, I'll try again tomorrow.

Had a couple of BC 2 games with a bunch of people who also couldn't connect. At least its making the BC 2 community come back - matches are now typically full on both sides.

[quote name='thrustbucket']
As long as it's at least as good as BC2, then it's already light years beyond MW.[/QUOTE]

Funniest comment in some time.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Gees this thing is taking forever to download.

Not to sound like a fanboy, but I'm going to stand by DICE until they prove me wrong. I played the heck out of 1943 and still play BC 2 regularly.[/QUOTE]

I guess you didn't play MOH then. That sucked, bad.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I guess you didn't play MOH then. That sucked, bad.[/QUOTE]

I have to admit that I liked the SP of MOH but MP not so much. I picked it up a few weeks ago from Wal Mart for like $12 and completed the SP and played a little of the MP and traded it to BB and got the 40% bonus for preordering BF3 and got like $12 in trade for it. It was pretty sweet.

Well I'm surprised...the beta turned out to be way worse than I thought. I'm not a big Battlefield fan, but I enjoy the series for what it is. BF3 just seems like more of BFBC2, which I didn't enjoy as much.

Did anyone else encounter the running and/or aiming glitches? At random they would just stop working for me. It did it on the PS3 as well.

[quote name='AJVtony831']Because some people are playing it from a gamer viewpoint. Not to be mean but you sound like a fanboy who is going to defend this game no matter what.[/QUOTE]

Not trying to be a fanboy, I played the Alpha when that was out so I figured I would enjoy the beta. I do like DICE but if they make a game that I don't like I wont try pushing it (the new MOH for example). I've played a lot of good games and a lot of bad games before, as you can probably see by my gamerscore so as long as I enjoy the game I could care less what company made it or such.

[quote name='dastly75']can't get into multiplayer but see people playing on my friends list[/QUOTE]

The beta is Rush mode only, which I think is the least fun mode to play. I would play it more if my friends pushed me to, but Conquest is more fun for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ianoid']The beta is Rush mode only, which I think is the least fun mode to play. I would play it more if my friends pushed me to, but Conquest is more fun for me.[/QUOTE]

Also it's not Battlefield without vehicles and beta has none, I can't wait to fly jets. It sucks the server is still down though.

man this game is like.. Fear 1 graphics ugly. Tons of glitches, feels just like BFBC2. I HATE how the whole screen zooms in when you look into the scope of a sniper rifle. Messy textures with players, blurry textures throughout, movement feels like I'm ice skating, it takes like three seconds for a melee attack to land.. it's just .. bad.

I never thought I'd say this but I may have to cancel my preorder.

Just played 2 games couldnt take anymore, it was glitchy, reminded me of Homefront solid gameplay mechanics but graphics were just bad. People blend into the shadows and were inside the environment, anything farther than 10 ft in front of you and there isnt enough detail to be able to tell its an enemy. Probably good on PC with ultra setting but Xbox version is just bad looking.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Not trying to be a fanboy, I played the Alpha when that was out so I figured I would enjoy the beta. I do like DICE but if they make a game that I don't like I wont try pushing it (the new MOH for example). I've played a lot of good games and a lot of bad games before, as you can probably see by my gamerscore so as long as I enjoy the game I could care less what company made it or such.[/QUOTE]

well I don't care much about gamerscores so I never look at them :D

I imagine the alpha ran much smoother due to it being on pc and the good things I've heard about it on the pc. The 360 version is a much different story though.

I love that everyone's saying "it's a beta! things will be different in the final version!"

Uncharted 3 has already gone gold and that game comes out after BF3. BF3 is done, and unless this version is based on a super old build of the game, this is what we'll be getting.

[quote name='Scorch']I love that everyone's saying "it's a beta! things will be different in the final version!"

Uncharted 3 has already gone gold and that game comes out after BF3. BF3 is done, and unless this version is based on a super old build of the game, this is what we'll be getting.[/QUOTE]

While I agree this isn't an actual beta, it is an old build. Most of this stuff is probably already fixed for retail.

Ugh. Tried to log on at 5pm PST and no dice. Tried again at 7pm PST no dice. Going to try again but I'm sure I'll just get the same bullshit server message. I do see people playing on my friends list though. Pretty upset :/

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']I have to admit that I liked the SP of MOH but MP not so much. I picked it up a few weeks ago from Wal Mart for like $12 and completed the SP and played a little of the MP and traded it to BB and got the 40% bonus for preordering BF3 and got like $12 in trade for it. It was pretty sweet.[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is that DICE didn't do the SP for Medal of Honor... I personally really liked Medal of Honor both in SP and MP. My biggest complaint about that game was the grenades and how they tended to just drift away like a balloon into nothingness.

[quote name='Pck21']
Did anyone else encounter the running and/or aiming glitches? At random they would just stop working for me. It did it on the PS3 as well.[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to the running glitch where you just aren't able to sprint at all? I have had that happen a couple times. I kept jamming down the stick and couldn't run.

[quote name='Stimes']Also it's not Battlefield without vehicles and beta has none, I can't wait to fly jets. It sucks the server is still down though.[/QUOTE]

This was one thing that I really think EA and DICE screwed up on. You talk a game up for all of it's spectacular vehicle warfare and then don't even put it in the beta? Awesome management practices there.

[quote name='Scorch']I love that everyone's saying "it's a beta! things will be different in the final version!"

Uncharted 3 has already gone gold and that game comes out after BF3. BF3 is done, and unless this version is based on a super old build of the game, this is what we'll be getting.[/QUOTE]

Truth right there... Sure they can change some things and patch some things, but it's going to be a last minute patch or last minute send to manufacturing.

[quote name='Trakan']While I agree this isn't an actual beta, it is an old build. Most of this stuff is probably already fixed for retail.[/QUOTE]

I have read a couple of different places that the beta is a build from June. Whether or not there is any truth to that I am not sure. I know a couple other places have also said it was a late July-early August build.

Oh and here's some interesting info I posted in one of the CAG Groups that I am in. It's in regards to games going gold and some of the timing behind them.

Dead Island went gold August 9th for its Sept. 6th release.
Black Ops was being printed as early as Oct. 18th last year for its Nov. 9th release (this was when a copy was said to have been stolen)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 went gold 2/19/10 for its 3/2/10 release
Batman Arkham City went gold 9/14 for its 10/18 release
Gears 3 went gold 8/19 for it's 9/20 release

So most games are going a minimum of 3 weeks before release with most of them being a month prior. Although DICE does have a history of sending them within two weeks of release. In addition to BFBC2 going 11 days before, Mirror's Edge was also within 14 days.

Oh... For the record, Modern Warfare 3 went gold on Wednesday.

Shotgun+Flashlight+Frag shells=Shock and Awe

Unloaded on a squad camping an MCOM and they all started jumping around, firing wildly. Bought enough time for someone to spawn on me and mop them up and disarm.
:lol:

Played maybe 8-10 games. (including playing both sides)

Got to rank 8.5. Was fun. Lots of little bugs that I'm positive have been polished. Game reminds me of Medal of Honor more than BC2. Probably because it's infantry-only in the beta.

There's no way DICE would release such a buggy mess in the form of a $60 game. This has to be an old build. Too many little, VERY, VERY obvious glitches/bugs/visual discrepancies. Game would be fantastic without them.

CRAPLOADS of unlocks, in whatever order you choose. I love it. Also that the Stinger is the first unlock for Engineers! NO MORE DOMINATING ROFLCOPTORS!

I hate the lack of any hit detection (on the receiving end), often getting unloaded into, having a second pass, and then plopping over dead. Or having the same happen visually when killing someone.

So... I haven't really noticed any more screen tearing. So I just played a few matches and when I would die, it would show my "killer" under the map. It made me rage and just give up right now. It's really annoying because I KNOW nobody is around me and just get killed.

[quote name='AJVtony831']well I don't care much about gamerscores so I never look at them :D

I imagine the alpha ran much smoother due to it being on pc and the good things I've heard about it on the pc. The 360 version is a much different story though.[/QUOTE]

Heh, yeah I Suppose if one doesn't care about gamerscores that doesn't mean as much! Sorry if I sounded a little rude as I was just trying to point something out though. And for the alpha I wish I could say it ran smoother but my computers getting up there in age so it cant run all these new games that great so for me it actually ran a little worse then the beta currently does on 360, which may be one of the reasons I'm enjoying the beta since to me it's an improvement I suppose.

After watching that video, if I didn't already know this was BF3 I would have thought I was watching medal of honor. That's a bad thing.

So Dice is going to be updating the Beta with a bunch of fixes.

* Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
* Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
* Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
* Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
* Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
* A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
* Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
* Tweaked the Rank progression.
* Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
* Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
* Framerate stability fixes.
* The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
* Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
* Non working options in squad menu fixed: “Private” flag and “Switch Teams.”

[quote name='screwkick']Boy, does this game suck ass. Battlefield BC2 ver 1.1

From the terrible graphics to the hit detection. Thanks for saving me $60 EA.[/QUOTE]

Yeah after playing the beta now for more than 18 hours it really put the nail in the coffin, I tried to like it I really did. Thanks EA for beta they also saved me $60 pre-order canceled. I'm really going to wonder what EA shares are going to look like come Oct 25th after this mess of a BETA or demo I should say. MoH dropped EA shares by 5.95% due to the terrible reviews.

Finally managed to get into a game this morning. I enjoyed it although i always only play conquest. Didn't have any glitches happen in the 20 minutes i played before i had to run. However a couple things i disliked:

1. Guns - I dont think it was hit detection issues. Just seems like everything has terrible recoil and took a full clip to kill someone.
2. Menus- Very cumbersome. Feels like a step back from BC 2.

However, i liked the map and the gameplay was fun. Ill play a little more, but its still day 1 for me.

I'm not sure how I feel about the beta fixes. I think EA would have been better off saying the beta was an old build and going for a day 1 fix. That said, it doesn't seem like that fixed any graphical and/or glitches. Because of that I hold out hope that this is, in fact, and old build and has been corrected already.

I think the beta fixes are EA's way of responding to the comments that this is a demo and not a beta.

[quote name='gbpackers94']How do you get in on this? Just download it like a demo from the psn/xbox marketplace?[/QUOTE]

Yes, its on the marketplace.

I played the Xbox demo, easier to connect to a game via live, graphics not as good as the PC version I also tried.
Bugs will be there in the game but decided to wait until the game comes out and see the reviews before purchasing.
Going to get Rage first.
Thanks for the opinions and feedback on the beta.

[quote name='kiwimonster']Yeah after playing the beta now for more than 18 hours...after this mess of a BETA or demo I should say.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, 18 hours already?

Is anyone else getting a weird glitch where you spawn and you can't see your weapons and you need to dashboard out? (X360 Ver.) Also, how do you turn on that damn flashlight?

[quote name='letallis']Is anyone else getting a weird glitch where you spawn and you can't see your weapons and you need to dashboard out? (X360 Ver.) Also, how do you turn on that damn flashlight?[/QUOTE]

Up on D pad turns it On/Off

bread's done
Back